What QB to SIgn?

ngbills

At this point I am all for letting Allen ride this season out. But if he gets hurt or we need a number two I do not want to see Peterman back on the filed. So what is the plan at back up? I like the idea of a vet mentor guy. Also see taking a look at guys with potential. Some ideas below. 

Usual has been:

D Anderson

M Moore

Huh

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Really

Paxton Lynch

Davis Webb

I have heard of him

Ryan Nassib

Johnny Football

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let's go get AJ McCarron from the Raiders.  I hear he knows our Offense already.

I was laughing to myself earlier thinking about this scenario.

Trade back for him, give them a 3rd! JUST SEND HELP!

19 minutes ago, ngbills said:

At this point I am all for letting Allen ride this season out. But if he gets hurt or we need a number two I do not want to see Peterman back on the filed. So what is the plan at back up? I like the idea of a vet mentor guy. Also see taking a look at guys with potential. Some ideas below. 

Usual has been:

D Anderson

M Moore

Huh

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Really

Paxton Lynch

Davis Webb

I have heard of him

Ryan Nassib

Johnny Football

From that list, I think Moore or Anderson would be most likely...maybe Lynch.  I think Webb signed with the Jets.

I think it will be Paxton, they already kicked the tires on him.  If not him, I think the 2 other more likely options are Moore and Anderson.

It SHOULD be Kap, who is best available, but that has a 0% chance of happening.  They won't want the media circus around their prized young rookie Allen.  

SECRETLY HOPING its EJ so I can get my popcorn and watch this board meltdown over a backup QB

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

EJ

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think it will be Paxton, they already kicked the tires on him.  If not him, I think the 2 other more likely options are Moore and Anderson.

It SHOULD be Kap, who is best available, but that has a 0% chance of happening.  They won't want the media circus around their prized young rookie Allen.  

SECRETLY HOPING its EJ so I can get my popcorn and watch this board meltdown over a backup QB

EJ is not a bad backup.  Gruden is terrible at evaluating qbs.  EJ was better this preseason than AJ.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Usual has been:

D Anderson

M Moore

Huh

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Really

Paxton Lynch

Davis Webb

I have heard of him

Ryan Nassib

Johnny Football

There isn't much out there at all. Landry Jones is a JAG but I'd likely call him first.