Official MNF Thread: Raiders v Rams

Jauronimo

This is the official MNF thread for football geniuses, tough guys, and advanced stats.  Lets get weird.

Who will be tonight's Gruden Grinding Ground Gruden?? 

We are 3 minutes into this game and I'm already suffering "Here's a guy..." withdrawal now that Chucky is on the sideline and not in the booth.

Just now, SoTier said:

Beast Mode is just doing what Beast Mode does. 

If I'm an NFL head coach and I have Beast Mode in the backfield, I hurry up to the goal line, take a 3 step drop and throw to the rub route in heavy traffic, sneaky Pete Carroll style.  Everyone will be expecting us to try and pound it in.

Just now, COTC said:

When are the Raiders moving?  There is a baseball diamond going through the field. It looks ridiculous. 

They need out asap. 

I think its pretty appropriate for the NFL owner that drives a minivan, still owns a flip phone, and cuts his own hair.

16 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Watkins > Cooks 

Maybe so but let’s not pretend that Watkins was a monster on the Rams. He was targeted 4.6 times a game for a total of 39 receptions for 593 yards. He was a decent red zone target, though.

Cooks will be fine in LA if that’s the bar he has to clear.

Edited by eanyills

5 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

The one guy we've gotten rid of over the last couple of years that I wish we still had, is Robert Woods. 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes...big mistake

Best receiver on the roster whilst with the Bills.

3 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Maybe so but let’s not pretend that Watkins was a monster on the Rams. He was targeted 4.6 times a game for a total of 39 receptions for 593 yards. He was a decent red zone target, though.

Cooks will be fine in LA if that’s the bar he has to clear.

8 tds will be missed.     

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

So do I. Although there were a lot of people here who were glad to see him go. :mellow:

I don't recall that.  I remember a lot of people didn't think he was worth what the Rams paid him.  I was pretty surprised at the size of the contract he got but hes earned it the past few years.

• Like (+1) 1

Really want to see the Rams experiment take off. Take a bunch of basket cases with 1 year deals and throw your ego out the door and see if you can man up and coach talent instead of dumping problem players like they're staff infection

Tired of this "my way or the highway" BS. Cool to see McVay sack up and see if he can get them on the same page

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't recall that.  I remember a lot of people didn't think he was worth what the Rams paid him.  I was pretty surprised at the size of the contract he got but hes earned it the past few years.

I didn't see a lot of people lamenting about him leaving either.