Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

17 hours ago, benderbender said:

He knows we’re not going to pay him so he’s Le’Veon Bell-ing it without losing game checks

He has apparently decided he can live off the money he has already made, because he’s making zero case for even a vet minimum contract. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/4/2018 at 10:07 PM, Thurman#1 said:

When playing well, he's on the bubble of being a #1.

He's not playing well right now. Hopefully he'll get things righted.

Question:  Has KB ever been functionally a #1 WR?  Seems to me even in his highly successful rookie season when he tied for top receiving yards on the team, Olsen (TE) was functionally the #1.  Has KB ever drawn the consistent attentions of the opposing team's top CB, and thrived?

On 10/4/2018 at 10:07 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Clay. McCoy.

But right now he's not seeing all the field. Nobody's playing well on that side of the ball.

Seems to me that Clay has had some key drops also, though he seems to be better the last couple games.

The discussion of whether Benjamin is a #1 receiver like arguing whether Forrest Gump is a MENSA member. It is an extreme stretch. The more realistic argument is whether Benjamin is a #2 receiver. Even with the lower standard he doesn' qualify to meet that benchmark. Usually, #2 receivers are high volume receivers who don't often make the big plays. He certainly doesn't even fall in that category.

Because of our qb play it is going to bet tough for any of our receivers to attain good numbers. But what is starkly apparent is that he has no wiggle ability and just can't get open. As a receiver that is a fatal flaw regardless who is throwing to him. 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ridiculous!

Again, if true -AND- there isn’t something else Benjamin is working on, then I think he’ll get the Dareus treatment soon (traded for little or cut). When the team’s identity is try-hard and a starter isn’t, they won’t be able to stand for that.

Need to be careful here, context of Benjamin’s response is important and we don’t know what that was.  Could have been “No man, I’m working with the trainer”