Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

i'm sure it's been said but maybe this is all due to not having one qb getting all the no. 1 reps since may.  i was convinced of the competition and as it were , nate won that.

.....but knowing the state of the team and the need for time to set things up for their new qb,   trading ajm,   put up the huge red stupidity flag that i thought i'd never see with this f.o.

we needed a year for josh to sit so we can build the offensive side of this roster and they basically wasted 4 months with ajm on the roster...who, btw could possibly be salvaging our season right now.

i don't expect to see jackshhttt out of kb now that he has his me attitude rolling. the sooner he's gone the better and in case the f.o. is not aware...the d

trade deadline is approaching.

Edited by billsredneck1

When playing well, he's on the bubble of being a #1.

He's not playing well right now. Hopefully he'll get things righted.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:37 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not one of them serves a security blanket for the rook.  Who can he rely on among that group? It's pretty sad. 

Clay. McCoy.

But right now he's not seeing all the field. Nobody's playing well on that side of the ball.

35 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

When playing well, he's on the bubble of being a #1.

He's not playing well right now. Hopefully he'll get things righted.

I'm not sure about this.  In Carolina, KB pretty much fell to a WR3 behind Funchess and Greg Olsen.  It doesn't appear that letting KB go for a 3rd round pick was a difficult one for Carolina.

42 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm not sure about this.  In Carolina, KB pretty much fell to a WR3 behind Funchess and Greg Olsen.  It doesn't appear that letting KB go for a 3rd round pick was a difficult one for Carolina.

I'm not sure about it either. That's why I said, "I hope he'll get things righted."

As for his time in Carolina, it sure looked to me like they thought KB and Funchess were pretty much the same player and Benjamin missed a year to injuries and was injured again, though playing his last year there, so they decided to keep the younger healthy guy.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:08 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Drops Per Target

The wide receivers who have dropped the most passes that were targeted to them, among 83 qualifying WRs, through Week 3.

ESPN Stats & Information
PLAYER, TEAM PCT.
Laquon Treadwell, Vikings 28.6%
Kenny Stills, Dolphins 15.4%
Terrelle Pryor, Jets 14.3%
Kelvin Benjamin, Bills 14.3%

Yup, he's going through a bad patch. Treadwell, Stills and Pryor have also never been this bad before.  If he keeps playing this badly, it will be a huge problem. But so far in his career, this is by far his worst stretch. Might just be a bad few games or a bit of a slump. Might not be that. But it might and his history says that's probably what it is.

Edited by Thurman#1

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The scene is a familiar one at Kelvin Benjamin’s locker.

Each Thursday since the start of the Buffalo Bills’ season, Benjamin has held court with local media after practice. The questions haven’t changed much, because Benjamin’s performance hasn’t changed much. The former first-round pick has seven catches for 92 yards and a touchdown in four games. His season high for catches in a game is three. His season high for yards in a game is 34. At the moment, 126 NFL players have more receiving yards than Benjamin. Josh Allen has more yards rushing than Benjamin has receiving this season.

“I feel like nobody feels like we’ve done enough,” Benjamin said. “Offense, defense, the whole team. We’re not where we want to be right now. We have to just keep working, man. Josh is a young guy but he knows we’re going to keep grinding and keep working.”

Benjamin laughs when he’s asked whether he’s frustrated. He has called himself a No. 1 receiver, but his numbers don’t reflect that claim. As he unwraps the tape from his wrists and removes his gloves, Benjamin lets out a sigh.

“You’re frustrated, but you still have to come each week and just forget about it and focus in,” Benjamin said. “It’s a new team and a new scheme that we’re running. You have to just kind of refocus in and keep believing in the process and believe that it’s going to come. Just keep working.”

Kelvin Benjamin and the Sorry State of the Buffalo Bills Receiving Corps - Last Word on Pro Football

1038613752-612x612.jpg

When the Buffalo Bills brought in Kelvin Benjamin ahead of the trade deadline last year, it appeared to be an upgrade to a receiving corps lacking depth. After all, Benjamin averaged 975 yards and eight touchdown catches during the two seasons he played for the Carolina Panthers in which he was healthy.

His time with the team last year wasn’t exactly eye-popping. Benjamin managed just 16 catches for 217 yards and a touchdown which indicates his contribution to the Bills ending their long playoff drought was minimal at best. But there’s always a process associated with a player familiarizing himself with the nuances and intricacies of a new offense which tempered concern. With 2018 a contract year, optimism abounded regarding his ability to morph into a legitimate feature receiver.

Fast forward to the present and there are certainly few if any restraints on the concern Bills fans have regarding Benjamin. He’s the poster child of a severely underperforming receiving corps at or near the bottom of the NFL in myriad important statistical categories. It’s one of a few mitigating factors inhibiting Josh Allen‘s development during his rookie season.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 9/9/2018 at 4:35 PM, Paulus said:

Can we just move him to TE? 

I don't agree with him being a TE but I do think we need to put him in a position that plays to his strengths. Benjamin needs to be moved into the slot for the remainder of the season. We are kind of stuck with what we have at WR and TE., moving KB to the slot might get him more involved in the passing game.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't agree with him being a TE but I do think we need to put him in a position that plays to his strengths. Benjamin needs to be moved into the slot for the remainder of the season. We are kind of stuck with what we have at WR and TE., moving KB to the slot might get him more involved in the passing game.

He’s a better blocking TE than he is WR.  He’s a better backup center than he is WR.  

I’ve always thought he was a bum.  A product of Winston and Newton.....and has the audacity to talk **** on Cam.  What a joke this guy is.  If he doesn’t go to a team with a Star QB his career is gonna be over real quick 

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s a better blocking TE than he is WR.  He’s a better backup center than he is WR.  

I’ve always thought he was a bum.  A product of Winston and Newton.....and has the audacity to talk **** on Cam.  What a joke this guy is.  If he doesn’t go to a team with a Star QB his career is gonna be over real quick 

I don't think he is a good WR and I could care less if he was relese at the end of the year but he is the #1 WR on this roster. In the slot  KB can get some short receptions and use his catch radius, RAC and size to his advantage when he does catch the football. Like it or not he is the #1 WR and hopefully he can have more than a few solid showings to help Allen get the most out of his rookie season.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

20 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't think he is a good WR and I could care less if he was relese at the end of the year but he is the #1 WR on this roster. In the slot  KB can get some short receptions and use his catch radius, RAC and size to his advantage when he does catch the football. Like it or not he is the #1 WR and hopefully he can have more than a few solid showings to help Allen get the most out of his rookie season.

And your point is moot.  

He has a very favorable matchup today.  If he doesn’t produce today, I’d cut him. His effort and focus is exactly what McD is trying to rid the franchise of.  He’s cancerous