Nick Foles Starting for the Eagles in Week 1 on TNF - Wentz Out Until October?

26CornerBlitz

The Curious Case of Nick Foles: What's Next?

PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles stood on stage at the ESPYS this summer, looking out at a sea of stars as a montage of his Super Bowl heroics played on the giant screen behind him. He tried to sum up the trip to this moment, which he admittedly never expected to be in.

"It's been a crazy career," he said after accepting an award for Best Championship Performance. "If any of y'all know my career path, it doesn't make sense. But, I'm here right now."

The polarity of Foles' NFL career may be unequaled. How do you go from throwing 27 touchdowns and two interceptions one year to getting traded, then benched, in subsequent seasons? How do you go from arguably the worst start of your professional life, against the Dallas Cowboys in 2013, to throwing a record-setting seven touchdowns your next time out?

How do you go from almost retiring to sputtering backup to Super Bowl MVP, outdueling Tom Brady in the largest of moments along the way?

And, most importantly moving forward, is there a way to harness the good, and minimize the bad, in order to stabilize and become a dependable, maybe even top-tier starter in this league?

Another chapter in The Curious Case of Nick Foles will be submitted Thursday night. He'll start in the 2018 opener against the Atlanta Falcons while Carson Wentz awaits medical clearance to resume play following a multi-ligament knee injury suffered in December. Whether it's a game or two or more before Wentz's return, this is Foles' limited chance to leave a fresh impression on evaluators for 2019. The additional tape could help Foles' bid to land a starring role elsewhere in 2019, and it could also prove to be a most damaging development. Judging off history, there is likely no in-between.

Your starting QB goes down and the next man up wins you the Superbowl. If I was an Eagles fan I would think my team was really well built. 

I wouldn't be so quick to think it all will just fall apart suddenly. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

He's impossible to gauge. Just amazing in SB though, thankfully, and you can never take that away from him.

Yep. He can hang his hat on that for sure regardless of what transpires moving forward. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

12 minutes ago, StrikeParry said:

YIKES. That game had drama for sure, but both those teams (supposedly good ones) looked pretty awful. Except Julio. And Philly Special part deux was cool.

Julio got himself open for almost every pass attempt his way.  Probably a few where he wasn't targeted.....looking good. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

After that last night I had a semi conscious dream as I was waking up that we traded McCoy to the falcons for a 2nd.  I have no idea how I feel about that but the falcons need help.

If you're McDermott/Beane, and the Falcons call you TODAY, and offer you this exact thing, do you accept?

That's a tough decision and one I'm grateful I don't have to make....my gut says yes, pull the trigger.  As much as we will probably have to rely on Shady this year, I just don't see how he alone can be the difference....

Just my two cents..

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Nick Foles Starting for the Eagles in Week 1 on TNF - Wentz Out Until October?
4 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

If you're McDermott/Beane, and the Falcons call you TODAY, and offer you this exact thing, do you accept?

That's a tough decision and one I'm grateful I don't have to make....my gut says yes, pull the trigger.  As much as we will probably have to rely on Shady this year, I just don't see how he alone can be the difference....

Just my two cents..

I would send them shady and Lawson for a 1st

27 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I would send them shady and Lawson for a 1st

Ironically enough, I actually have more pause making that trade than Shady for a 2nd straight up.  

Before the season began, I would've accepted a hearty 50 wing platter of pit bbq wings from La Novas(or Duff's for that matter) for Lawson.  But from what I've seen, heard and read so far this season, I'm curious to see what a (finally) healthy and no excuses Lawson can do.