If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I get what you're saying, OP, but I think most of it is just BBFS - Battered Bills Fan Syndrome.  Nothing good will happen for us, so even a hint of something bad  gets blown over into full travesty.  Note that this is the opposite of PFS-  Pats Fan Syndrome - obnoxious, ignorant, entitled band wagon fans.

• Like (+1) 5

The only thing Bills fans like more than winning is complaining. Lucky for them because the Franchise gives us lots to complain about. Complaining/seeing the negative is easier and less emotionally risky than buying in. And in their defense, this is a place for discussion, so you need all sides represented. Some folks get a little extreme, but for the most part it's just natural criticism.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The only thing Bills fans like more than winning is complaining. Lucky for them because the Franchise gives us lots to complain about. Complaining/seeing the negative is easier and less emotionally risky than buying in. And in their defense, this is a place for discussion, so you need all sides represented. Some folks get a little extreme, but for the most part it's just natural criticism.

All fan bases complain, even New England. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I love discussion but some of what I see is not that

1 minute ago, PaulieYayo said:

Learned behavior.....and by the way, have you seen them yet this pre season?

I've watched them since opening day 1960.  Believe me, there have been far worse times.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

All fan bases complain, even New England. 

That too. It was definitely a welcomed eye-opener when I moved away from Buffalo to another NFL town, and listened to local sports radio and heard them bemoaning many of the same things Bills fans complain about as well. It was great to get that perspective, and be able to take a step back from being so head-down in Bills misery.

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

I like the Bills, not Beane.  Last time I checked, Beane will be fired, the Bills won't be.

May I ask why you hate Beane?  What has he done exactly to make you feel this way?

He has spent his brief tenure here cleaning up the raging dumpster fire left by the past regime.  We have potentially drafted our QB of the future, and the Bills have the 2nd most cap space next season.  Seems to me like he’s doing a pretty good job.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

May I ask why you hate Beane?  What has he done exactly to make you feel this way?

He has spent his brief tenure here cleaning up the raging dumpster fire left by the past regime.  We have potentially drafted our QB of the future, and the Bills have the 2nd most cap space next season.  Seems to me like he’s doing a pretty good job.

In most football minds out there, he has built the worst roster in the NFL.

The playoffs last year was largely on Whaley's moves.

The guy wasted way too many picks on a QB that just doesn't have the football IQ and then traded even more to draft a LB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Too many people watching skip bayless and Steven a smith who think they know football better than the guys being paid millions and millions in the league. 

They “scout” the talent.

They “watch” the tape

They do “mock drafts” non stop

They know footwork and mechanics of quarterbacks better than real nfl scouts. 

And my favorite is the people on here who don’t want to debate or discuss, just flood their opinion as fact and have zero intentions of hearing anyone else’s point of view or any option that does not agree with their opinions. We have a lot of those types of posters on here. 

Judging the coach, and GM 24/7 is 100% stupid in year 2.. Especially when the team overachieved and made the playoffs after a historic drought. Rather they stumbled in or had luck or whatever it makes no difference. 

They made the playoffs year one after how many decent to loaded rosters that have been built here over the years and failed to squeak into the playoffs. 

Im all for debates and discussions but it is quite agitating seeing how many posters on here spew GM hate, QB hate ( I might puke seeing how many “jokes” about 5 ints in one half are made daily and how Nate is worthless), and my favorite how terrible OBD is for not signing a player whose name we heard before. Trade for Mack? Was never going to happen. I haven’t seen what the Bears gave up but I’m sure it was a ridiculous haul 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

In most football minds out there, he has built the worst roster in the NFL.

The playoffs last year was largely on Whaley's moves.

The guy wasted way too many picks on a QB that just doesn't have the football IQ and then traded even more to draft a LB.

Do you really think this is the final product of what the bills are trying to do?  If you dislike Beane, I get it, but your points seem pretty weak. Instant gratification or nothing. Not to mention you just assume Allen will fail. 

• Like (+1) 4

I understand the OP's point, but the phrasing presents a false dichotomy: either you agree with everything the front office does or you hate the Bills.

Yeah, I get tired of the doom-and-gloom mentality exhibited by some posters, but that doesn't mean they hate the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I love discussion but some of what I see is not that

I've watched them since opening day 1960.  Believe me, there have been far worse times.

Man, if they only knew - I know where you are coming from oldmanfan!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

I understand the OP's point, but the phrasing presents a false dichotomy: either you agree with everything the front office does or you hate the Bills.

Yeah, I get tired of the doom-and-gloom mentality exhibited by some posters, but that doesn't mean they hate the Bills.

Perhaps hate is too strong.  Dislike?

Just now, vorpma said:

Man, if they only knew - I know where you are coming from oldmanfan!

Would you rather have Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott?  Or Harvey Johnson and John Rauch?

1 minute ago, teef said:

Do you really think this is the final product of what the bills are trying to do?  If you dislike Beane, I get it, but your points seem pretty weak. Instant gratification or nothing. Not to mention you just assume Allen will fail. 

These are many of the pieces of the final product and it is not positive.

I'm a huge believer in football IQ is a god given ability.  It can't be taught.  When push comes to shove, everyone goes back to their instincts.  Allen has never had good football instincts.

• Sad 1

Seems we have this discussion every year. 

It's not that they hate the Bills. It's that they love saying "I told you so." Their vehicle is to predict failure, the single easiest thing to predict in the NFL. They then cheer for the failure so they can walk around saying "I told you that was a bid pick! I told you we should have fill-in-the-blank-with-something-another-team-did-successfully-that-is-completely-irrelevant-to-what-the-Bills-did."

And then when you call them out on the complete laziness of their position, they call you a fascist. :lol:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Ittakestime said:

I'm a huge believer in football IQ is a god given ability.  It can't be taught.  When push comes to shove, everyone goes back to their instincts.  Allen has never had good football instincts.

Shouldn’t Allen be given a chance to actually develop and play in the NFL before we decide that he lacks “football IQ?”

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

It's not that they hate the Bills. It's that they love saying "I told you so." Their vehicle is to predict failure, the single easiest thing to predict in the NFL. They then cheer for the failure so they can walk around saying "I told you that was a bid pick! I told you we should have fill-in-the-blank-with-something-another-team-did-successfully-that-is-completely-irrelevant-to-what-the-Bills-did."

And then when you call them out on the complete laziness of their position, they call you a fascist. :lol:

I agree.  It's just bizarre.

Just now, LABillzFan said:

Exactly.

This is the time of year that crusades are born.  People will post a "hot take," and run with it until the season is over.  They will manipulate statistics so they'll fit the narrative.  They'll take something as black and white as an obviously dropped pass by a Bills receiver and somehow turn it into Shaq Lawson's fault if they proclaimed Lawson was a bust 3 months prior.

It's crazy sometimes.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

What pieces of the product are not positive?  I get you’ve made up your mind about Allen, but what else?

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Perhaps hate is too strong.  Dislike?

Would you rather have Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott?  Or Harvey Johnson and John Rauch?

I get it and you get it, unfortunately not many on this board get it; I'm ready to give McDermott and Beane a couple years including at least one dreadful season! I think we are moving in the right direction!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Shouldn’t Allen be given a chance to actually develop and play in the NFL before we decide that he lacks “football IQ?”

Like I said above, I don't think it can be taught so "developing" will do nothing in him reading a defense at LOS, quick audibles, sensing pressure, staying calm in the face of a blitz, etc.

What Darnold at LOS and you will see the god given ability.  Processing information in milli secs is a god given talent.

Just now, teef said:

What pieces of the product are not positive?  I get you’ve made up your mind about Allen, but what else?

What players do we have under 24 that have huge talents?

White and maybe Edmunds?  Edmunds to me is also a huge question make and I said the same thing at draft.  His play at VT would not scream MLB.  I don't think he should be playing that position.

We had a huge cupboard of all these picks, and we came out with very little.  So frustrating.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Like I said above, I don't think it can be taught so "developing" will do nothing in him reading a defense at LOS, quick audibles, sensing pressure, staying calm in the face of a blitz, etc.

What Darnold at LOS and you will see the god given ability.  Processing information in milli secs is a god given talent.

The irony of your avatar name and your attitude about Beane and Allen is priceless

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You have one season to rebuild a franchise now otherwise it's a failure.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

The irony of your avatar name and your attitude about Beane and Allen is priceless

Only the ones with high potential take time.  Time is too valuable to waste on bums.

Can't wait for the Bills to pass on a top QB next year because Allen is here.  Meanwhile Allen will be trash and we had the chance to draft a top guy.