"Big Name" cuts around the league...

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cowboys releasing Kony Ealy. 

Can provide some passrush and already knows this defense 

...hardly a ringing endorsement................

Cowboys released DE Kony Ealy.

Ealy made a name for himself by sacking Peyton Manning three times in Super Bowl 50 but hasn't done much since. Last year he mustered just 14 tackles and one sack over 452 snaps for the Jets. Ealy's next team will be his fifth in three seasons. Aug 31 - 3:49 PM
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...FORE!!.....

Now THAT is an interesting swap out...golf club for an axe.  Probably a forged blade, not these 'girly man' clubs of today.  A true persimmon wood driver, as opposed to the Hawaiian Punch can sized composite 'woods' of today. (That Sullivan still might not have broken 100 with...)

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hardly a ringing endorsement................

Cowboys released DE Kony Ealy.

Ealy made a name for himself by sacking Peyton Manning three times in Super Bowl 50 but hasn't done much since. Last year he mustered just 14 tackles and one sack over 452 snaps for the Jets. Ealy's next team will be his fifth in three seasons. Aug 31 - 3:49 PM

Well so far not any names from these first wave of cuts today that really peak my interest to much. I would say maybe Michael Floyd but think he is done at WR as well. 

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Now THAT is an interesting swap out...golf club for an axe.  Probably a forged blade, not these 'girly man' clubs of today.  A true persimmon wood driver, as opposed to the Hawaiian Punch can sized composite 'woods' of today. (That Sullivan still might not have broken 100 with...)

....mid mashie.............look it up............

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....early cuts seem to be guys coming off injury.....somebody better shut McBeane's blinds.....he seems to like these "Blue Light Dinged Specials" as in Murphy and Davis...oh joy...

Not the dreaded dented can sale ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

NFL roster cuts

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Remember when people wanted to draft Floyd in the first round?! Oh wait I think that’s the year we drafted EJ. 

Just now, Steve O said:

Guilty...I wanted EJ. Careful what you wish for.

We drafted Gilmore 3 spots before Floyd.