"Big Name" cuts around the league...

27 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

He had a great preseason for the Bills a few years ago but was cut.  A little bit of a surprise.  He’s been a serviceable WR for a few years. 

I think he was pretty good for Washington a few years back, but then nothing? I always thought he had potential when he was here and there!

7 hours ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Yes, you do know where Cold Harbor battlefield is?

About Enon, I used to drive through there on my way to doing some white water canoeing in the Appomatox Riv., sometimes after a day of teaching in Chester. It was a Great

run! There were 2 sets of rapids there. Lots of fun!! That spot was only about 20 mins from the school.     This is great! Never thought I'd be talking about this stuff on the

Bills message board.

Well, I left BUF in 70, but so did A LOT of other people.  So, we're all over the place!  Been in Virginia 15 years this time,, and since we got Wegmans within 25 miles, life is better.  Every place I've lived, I've located a BILLS Bar, and met a lot of nice people from Buffalo.  Obviously the people that I meet, are pretty much the same story.  Left because of work, and never made it back.  That's very much reflected in the WNY present day population.

7 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Well, I left BUF in 70, but so did A LOT of other people.  So, we're all over the place!  Been in Virginia 15 years this time,, and since we got Wegmans within 25 miles, life is better.  Every place I've lived, I've located a BILLS Bar, and met a lot of nice people from Buffalo.  Obviously the people that I meet, are pretty much the same story.  Left because of work, and never made it back.  That's very much reflected in the WNY present day population.

Well said Marv. I've enjoyed this conversation. FWIW,  if you'd be interested in meeting someplace halfway between northern Chesterfield & Enon, I'd be up for that.

Have a great Labor Day weekend. Go Bills! We got a though opening stretch of the season, hope it goes well.

Not that this qualifies as a big name, and I definitely don’t have any interest in him. 

But it looks like Chad Kelly might be safe... for now. 

Edit - oops. Missed this. 

Maybe Chad Kelly’s spot isn’t quite as safe as I thought... 

Edited by BillsFan4

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Not that this qualifies as a big name, and I definitely don’t have any interest in him. 

But it looks like Chad Kelly might be safe... for now. 

Edit - oops. Missed this. 

Maybe Chad Kelly’s spot isn’t quite as safe as I thought... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....LMAO..."Mr. Ed" redeemed himself by grabbing Hogan from Deadskins and dumping Lynch...

Sincerely,

Wilbur

Years ago my manager and I were in a meeting with Al Ruddy on a project of mine. Ruddy produced The Godfather, the original Longest Yard, and won an Oscar for Million Dollar Baby. He went on this 30 minute diatribe with my manager, who was pretty young at the time, about how you had to choose the right projects because you have to put your heart and soul and blood into them, and they would take two years out of your life and you better make sure it is the right one because the most important thing in this business is your passion and your art, etc.

It was beautiful. Powerful. I was almost in tears. Then I asked what he was working on now and he immediately said, with a straight face, "The Mister Ed Movie, you know, the talking horse."

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Years ago my manager and I were in a meeting with Al Ruddy on a project of mine. Ruddy produced The Godfather, the original Longest Yard, and won an Oscar for Million Dollar Baby. He went on this 30 minute diatribe with my manager, who was pretty young at the time, about how you had to choose the right projects because you have to put your heart and soul and blood into them, and they would take two years out of your life and you better make sure it is the right one because the most important thing in this business is your passion and your art, etc.

It was beautiful. Powerful. I was almost in tears. Then I asked what he was working on now and he immediately said, with a straight face, "The Mister Ed Movie, you know, the talking horse."

...that my friend is freakin' priceless....thanks for sharing.................:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Well....he is not wrong is anyone gonna forget the Mr. Ed movie?

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah. There were a lot of those. Complete busts don't usually last six years in the league. And someone will probably sign EJ to be a backup. Friggin' Alex Tanney is on the Giants 53 as of now. 

It's a long thread by Wharton where a takes a look at many of the QBs who were just released.  Interesting look back.