Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So Vlad lives on?

So people actually thought they'd just cut a starter right out of the gate? He's not going anywhere until they get someone on the roster who the coaches think is better.

Edited by scribo

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I know that but i meant do they have to clear waivers if a team wants to immediately sign them to their 53 man roster and release one of their own players?

Any player waiver eligible, you have to put in a claim for and see if that player is awarded to you (determined by the waiver claim order, Bills are #22).

Any player you claim has to be put on your 53 man roster.

edit - here’s a pretty good explanation -

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/1/17805562/nfl-cuts-2018-explaining-how-waiver-wire-works-claiming-order

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thats the thing Boat.

I would have thought Beanes brought him in as #1 or #2 depending on the draft. They spent enough money to solidify him as number 2. did Bills underestimate Peterman or over estimate McCarron ?

I don’t think they overestimated McCarron. There was NFL gamefilm on him. His injury didn’t help his cause, but I think he underperformed. The contract all but assured he wouldn’t be a QB 3. They know what they have in Peterman, barring anything wildly unforeseen. Peterman also has practice squad eligibility ( I believe ) so that would have been an option for him. The talent level is similar to a McCarron imo. Things probably went differently than they expected, or AJM would still be here regardless of the QB competition outcome. Allen as QB 3 would be a total waste of time. I’d say NP was about what they expected , but AJM was less than.