Bleacher Report - Doom & Gloom

BarleyNY

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

My larger gripe is that we also didn’t fix anything else. We got Allen. The dude has skills, but also a lot of question marks. Getting your QB shouldn’t mean you don’t get better literally ANYWHERE ELSE

This is to most all of you guys - last year you all wanted the playoff drought ended more than you wanted a rebuild amd now you are griping about the hangover.  You wanted the playoff chance AND the QB - you got em.  But it cost dearly. 

This is not our year either.  I'm not in favor of purposely tanking but I also do not want to win 8 or 9 feckless games yet again.  I say we play to grow and learn and develop and not to win games.  Not sure exactly what that looks like but there it is. Always forward; never straight.   8-8 perenially is death - as we should well know by now.  

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, but their roster is WAY more talented. They are a year ahead of us in their rebuild. Next year we have the cap space to go with 9 picks. They had that this year.

The Browns should be better than the Bills this year. They can rush the passer, have a good OL, and a bunch of playmakers. Their roster is way deeper as well. 

we shall see.

49 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

All this from one preseason game against the Bengals?

And if Josh Allen and the team played well, we would be going crazy.  It goes both ways.

im not high on his team but there’s no way they will be the worst in the nfl.  Of course if they aren’t making the playoffs, they are better being awful instead of 6-10, which I think is likely.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, but their roster is WAY more talented. They are a year ahead of us in their rebuild. Next year we have the cap space to go with 9 picks. They had that this year.

The Browns should be better than the Bills this year. They can rush the passer, have a good OL, and a bunch of playmakers. Their roster is way deeper as well. 

It’s insane but I would gladly switch rosters with Cleveland right now.  They are getting reward finally for being so terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, sleeby said:

This is to most all of you guys - last year you all wanted the playoff drought ended more than you wanted a rebuild amd now you are griping about the hangover.  You wanted the playoff chance AND the QB - you got em.  But it cost dearly. 

This is not our year either.  I'm not in favor of purposely tanking but I also do not want to win 8 or 9 feckless games yet again.  I say we play to grow and learn and develop and not to win games.  Not sure exactly what that looks like but there it is. Always forward; never straight.   8-8 perenially is death - as we should well know by now.  

In the NFL, I don’t think these things are mutually exclusive. A GM and coach can come in, see pieces in place, and build around it, while letting others phase out, without creating holes. 

I think (in general terms, there are exceptions) 8-8 teams are 4-6 win teams with good coaching and not enough talent or 10 win teams with bad coaching. Obviously there are things like injuries, but I do think coaching and roster quality are relatively binary. Especially in a complicated game like football. If you’re literally average at every single position, with good coaching, you should win more than you lose. 

I know what must’ve happened.  Juan Castillo went to Beane and McD and told them that these guys are all future pro bowlers under his direction and that he shouldnt spend cap room on the OL.  Must’ve happened that way.  I’m sure of it

• Haha (+1) 1

Cardinals

Colts-win

Bears

Raiders-win

Cleveland

Dolphins- win 2x

Jets- win 1x

Buccaneers-win

You can make the argument they are no better. Don't want to hear about potential until it's in an official stat line.

Edited by billsbackto81

Come to terms with this all of you to give yourself peace of mind:

The majority of the national football media absolutely craves Buffalo to be bad. Very bad. They relish in it. They need it.

They also know how sensitive this fan base is. They push the buttons and we click. We get annoyed. They get off on it.

Some of them don't want to talk about NFL cities like Buffalo. They want the same teams to be the same great so they can recycle the same talking points.

It makes their jobs easier.

Plus, some of them don't want to travel there to cover the team.

Let these words flow into your mind and you won't care what any of these people say.

Edited by Like A Mofo

44 minutes ago, sleeby said:

I stopped reading at that point.

Edited by billsbackto81

These guys are paid trolls. They write to get ratings and clicks. 

Buffalo has had a turrible O-Line for years now, despite what thier best apologists say. Outside of Richie, there was little to be happy about. 

PLEASE BRING BACK RICHIE!

OR, PUT STAR AT GUARD. 

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792785-are-the-buffalo-bills-already-the-nfls-worst-team

Are the Buffalo Bills Already the NFL's Worst Team?

Read at your own risk. One caveat: I sort of know the writer and he’s a good guy who has no grudge against the Bills. He’s calling it like he sees it. Now flame away at him. 

I freaking hate when the preseason definitively outlines regular season results.  We should  just give up and head to 2019.

BTW, and I may be wrong, weren't the 2017 preseason Browns 4-0?

EDIT:  just checked.  Yup, they were.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I freaking hate when the preseason definitively outlines regular season results.  We should  just give up and head to 2019.

BTW, and I may be wrong, weren't the 2017 preseason Browns 4-0?

Exactly, theses guys know enough to know that they are clueless. Coaches use preseason for any myriad of reasaons, and these guys really don't know what those reasons are, IMHO. Reading that crap is a waste of time. 

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Exactly, theses guys know enough to know that they are clueless. Coaches use preseason for any myriad of reasaons, and these guys really don't know what those reasons are, IMHO. Reading that crap is a waste of time. 

BTW, Paulus, why isn't this an article about the Dallas Cowboys already being the worst team in the NFL after their 27-3 Sunday loss?

Oh, that's right.  It doesn't fit the narrative of what some people's own tripe on the subject.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I remember last year at this time when there were similar articles to this that seemed to make sense...… and then they didn't.

Even our offensive line last year struggled with the pass rush (there's no doubt Taylor helped mask the struggles), and that was with Wood and Incognito.  We've downgraded at both spots.  That's the main difference between this year and last year.  When you have a line with major pass protection struggles, WR's who have trouble getting open, and QB's that are borderline starters it could spell doom for an offense.  I'm concerned and I don't get concerned that easily.  This may be a really long and painful year.

Edited by Doc Brown

27 minutes ago, Paulus said:

PLEASE BRING BACK RICHIE!

the dude is now officially a few trombones short of a marching band. Even if you did bring back Mr. Bats in the Belfry, his offseason rap sheet would guarantee him some suspensions...  The guy needs to get medical help before he hurts himself or worse someone else

Edited by ddaryl
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Insight into any random BR/ESPN/National Reporter's "process" for writing about the Bills:

1. Watch zero games, catch a couple highlights off of NFL.com
  2. Look at roster (realize they are only familiar with less than half of the roster)
  3. Look at the Additions/Subtractions column of the roster (do I recognize any names, no matter how old they are?)
  4. Look at draft grades
  5. Remember Allen isn't accurate, LeSean McCoy is "embattled" and Benjamin trash talked Cam
  6. Check preseason box scores 

This is how the people who actually TRY write articles about us. Forget the ones who just spew nonsense off the top of their heads. Read a bit of the article - seems like the guy just likes sports but doesn't have any actual insight.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

All this from one preseason game against the Bengals?

The Bills offense, most notably the OL, played almost as badly against Cleveland's first teamers, so it's NOT "one preseason game".  How do you think McCarron got hurt?  Of course, it's much easier to scapegoat to McCarron who's a career backup than it is to blame the rookie first round QB who cost the Bills so much, but the reality is that it's the Bills QBs who are the primary victims of the FO's incompetence  ...