FIRST HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

No, this line sucks. Tyrod did his best to hide multiple deficiencies up front. It showed when Peterman stepped in and was mauled. Could be a long year, but it is pre-season.

The line Tyrod "hid" is nothing like the one playing today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

There’s nothing to spin. He has had absolutely no time to throw and has faced constant pressure. 

Agreed. Our supporting cast is going to be horrible all year. Without McCoy this is arguably the worst offense in the NFL on paper. 

But he hasn't been decisive with the ball. He's taken his drop, and not pulled the trigger several times. At least 3 sacks have been a result of him deciding to not throw the ball.

I'm not suggesting guys are open, but good QBs know how to not take a sack. Some of those sacks he needs to throw the ball at a receivers feet. I get that there's been constant pressure, but at a couple of those sacks could have been avoided if he'd just got rid of the ball and thrown it incomplete. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He's looked like a deer in the headlights. Isn't feeling pressure, is taking unnecessary sacks, and hasn't done anything to move the offense. 

This has been a horrible performance. The penalties have obviously hurt, but don't try to spin this. If this was McCarron or Peterman people would be asking for them to be cut. 

It's all by design----part of the process---he'll be fine

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Well the offense is horrible and the defense is not great. It should be a stellar year. I would keep the kid on the bench for at least a half a year.

From all accounts the D hasn’t been dominating the O in camp. That tells you something about how bad the D is going to look come the regular season.

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

Allen looked OK given the putrid line. I have no problem is he starts or sits. Play the best guy. This is going to be a rough season.

Vegas has our over/under at 6.5 wins for a reason.

And it's not because everyone thinks we will make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, RFL said:

Not looking good at all.  We look terrible......Too many penalties, OL playing like a sieve and dropped passes.

Cold comfort, but fwiw, the Patriots looked pretty bad in game 3. This is brutal though. We are looking like most people say we are. At this point, I'd like to see Teller get a shot somehow with 1s and maybe bring in Joeckel or some last minute free agent and see what they can do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Sooo......RI is still available, right?       :unsure:

Lol. 

But seriously though, there is zero chance I’d want him in Buffalo, even with how horrible the line has been. He’s too far off the deep end ATM. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near this team. 

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Can someone explain why Clay's catch wasnt a first down... He had forward progress before being knocked backwards by the tackler.

It looked to me he was about half a yard short even with forward progress.