What Is Your Favorite Place To Watch The Bills (If not at the game)

corta765

I've been going to the same bar since DirectTV has become available, and they still haven't figured out how to use the remotes or get the game in HD. There used to be a bunch of us that went and it was designed a Bill's Backers bar without the owners knowledge or consent. I dont think he appreciated it because he's an Eagles fan and maybe that's why he doesn't care about our complaints. There are only a few of us that still go, but I think my buddy and I may be finding a  different venue this year.

I also posted a message to the Bill's Backers official site asking them to remove the design because the place is an embarrassment to the franchise and I felt bad when people came in and had to watch a game with the closed caption on in standard definition. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Long post but funny story below.

Nowadays it's my house (3 kids), but back in my prime I'd frequent a bar called tiebreakers. It was the home of the Bills Backers of Greenville, NC. 

For a small town in Eastern NC we had a very good group of fans. And we were really obnoxious. 

We had had a great relationship with the bar owner and several of our members were "dating" bartenders there. We would frequently push the limits of what was acceptable in a public place with regards to language, nudity and alcohol consumption, but we dropped a lot of $ and got away with it, for a while.

Well, that all changed on 11/23/08. We throttled the Chiefs that day. Post game an angry Chiefs fan at the bar didn't enjoy the way I was celebrating our victory. 

He threw his hat at me and told me to F off. 

I climbed on the bar and dropped my pants to my ankles. Then I stuck his hat bill in my crack and started to wave it side to side.

The next thing I know I'm on the ground, bare assed and he's punching me in the head repeatedly. I gathered my wits and pants and got a few good shots back on him before it was broken up.

That was the last time I watched a game at tiebreakers. Sometimes I miss it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

My garage when the weather is nice.  Man cave during the winter.

One of my favorite memories was when I moved into my first house and was watching the bills game when we snapped the streak against NE.  I didn't know any of my neighbors but when they made the FG to win I heard a bunch of my neighbors screaming and cheering.  I got to know my neighbors after that.

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

My back patio.

Can’t stand bars during games, too many insta-spicy hot takes all at once.

I've been to several Bills Backers bars and when people just talk stupid....I can't take it.  I have to sit somewhere else.

I once heard an argument between two Bills fans on why they drafted Travis Henry and Willis McGahee the same year. 

A regular at the AZ Bills Backers Bar kept yelling "Pozluski" instead of Posluszny.

Another argument I heard was Aaron Rogers wouldn't have succeeded in Buffalo because he's from Cali and can't handle our weather.  I kept saying inside my head "The ******* guy plays and dominates in Green Bay you moron".

These are other reasons I stopped going to bars.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the North NJ Bills Backers at Duffy’s in Paterson. Great atmosphere and an awesome bunch of people. They just remodeled the bar and added a new section with a patio and outdoor bar. Anyone in the North Jersey area should check it out!  The bar owner even puts Labatt Blue on tap and makes a decent wing. 

Edited by chknwing334
  • Like (+1) 1

Houston Bills Backers bar. Christian's Tailgate to be specific. They got Salehen's Hot Dogs, Labbatt Blue (which although it's not that great of a beer, has this weird nostalgic taste to it), and a DJ that plays the Shout song after every Touchdown. 

However, my fiance told me that for my own good, and the good of those around me, that if when we make it to the Super Bowl, I need to be locked in a room alone, so I don't say things to people I might regret later in life.

• Like (+1) 1

First place: My living room, watching the game on DTV.

Second place, Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA. The Buffalo Platter which consists of: Beef on Weck, Wings, Pierogies and Kielbasa is very good. Plus they have Labatt's and Molson's. The atmosphere there is a lot of fun, whenever the Bills score, they play the Bills shout song. If Jimmy's wasn't over 60 miles away, I would go more often. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

With the North NJ Bills Backers at Duffy’s in Paterson. Great atmosphere and an awesome bunch of people. They just remodeled the bar and added a new section with a patio and outdoor bar. Anyone in the North Jersey area should check it out!  The bar owner even puts Labatt Blue on tap and makes a decent wing. 

May check it out one game.  Live in Wedtchester... not too far.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

May check it out one game.  Live in Wedtchester... not too far.

You should definitely stop out. We have a good group and it isn’t so crowded that it gets annoying. Beer and food is pretty cheap too. Hope to see you there. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions. The bar is also kid friendly (to a point). There are always a few kids that come with their parents. 

If I am not at New Era Field. I am home with my wife ,kids and, grand kids. Just chilling out and watching Bills football. If they are losing some of my grand kids go out side. Not sure why but when they come back in after the game they ask me if i will be quite for a while. LOL   I love watching the games with my family because they know me best and some what understand me. 

1 hour ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Home. I turn the projector on downstairs...I turn the 55 inch on upstairs...I bounce back and forth wherever I feel like the mojo is best.

When games get ugly, I stay downstairs and the family lets me seethe in peace (that is, they leave so they don't hear me swearing).

Count me among those that prefer to watch it from home. Like you, Duby, I keep all the TVs in the house on (and one on the patio). I tend to pace around during a game, so I can be in any room and not miss the action. Go outside and smoke a cigar (or whatever) if I want. Most of the time I prefer to watch alone. But watching with a knowledgeable committed Bills fan or two, is good as well. 

But since I don't have DirectTV, there are few games I can really watch like that. So I like to go to a bar close by (walking distance is good, crawling distance is better) and watch with a few fellow fans. 

On occasions I will go watch with a large group of Bills fans. If the Bills are playing well and winning, that can be a very cool, celebratory experience. The problem in St Augustine is, the Bills Backers bar kind of sucks. Beer and wine only (I like bourbon during the game), small, downtown where it is sometimes difficult to park. Some other places I've been (like McFadden's in NYC) are far too obnoxious for me to tolerate. Loud music and announcements during commercials---really stupid stuff. Yes, I'm old. But I've always been more interested in The Game. Not the extracurricular  stuff. I watched a game in LA with Kelly the Dog at a very nice bar, with many Bills fans. More low-key. That's the way I like it.