Jason LaCanfora and Peter King reports from Bills camp

2 minutes ago, teef said:

that's what i meant!  where did i get shooters?

i like to refer to it as hard gas.  i have some class.

Shooters is the bar off of baird rd and fairport rd, (Used to be the baird road pub)

Edited by Bray Wyatt

4 hours ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

"Oh, and as for the short passes, the Bills are saying that he threw very few if any of those in college and it's almost a new skill for him."

Allen said this himself on WGR the other day - he said it's like learning to chip in a golf ball from 10 yds out with a 4 iron.

Yeah he knows he has to work on it:

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/how-bills-qb-josh-allen-is-trying-to-fix-his-short-throw-issues

“I’m very confident with my arm and my ability to makes throws. The type of throws where I struggle are kind of the underneath patterns where I’ve got to tone down my arm a little bit. And sometimes, you know I hate to use an analogy, but it’s like I’m 100 yards out and I have a 4-iron. So I’m just trying to develop more clubs to put it on the green.”

Allen, 22, said he stays after practice – as he did Sunday – or comes out onto the practice field as much as 30 minutes early to “just throw those routes.”

“We’re getting to where we want to get,” he said. “Still, it’s going to take some time. And I’m not putting any pressure on myself right now."

“Well, it’s like – I’m going to use another golf analogy,” Allen said. “When you slow down your swing, that’s when things tend to go wrong. So it’s about finding the right tempo in my arm for the ball to come over the top, get the right spin and ultimately hit the target in the right spot.

“So I just can’t slow my arm down. And sometimes I think I need to. But I don’t need to. I just need to control it at the top a little better. That’s what we’re (working on).”

Edited by HappyDays

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was talking about an ice cream place in Pittsford where he always gets a milkshake. 

Pittsford Farm Dairy?  Hicks & McCarthy's (which sadly and surprisingly is now closed)?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

is this admitting you shart too when plays?

Gentlemen like teef and I refer to it as liquid gas, or in some circles, hard gas. Ok?

1 hour ago, teef said:

i like to refer to it as hard gas.  i have some class.

See!!!

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If Allen can't reliably hit short passes right from the get-go, why should we think he will be able to do it later on? 

If a.medical student can't do a triple bypass in the first semester of school, why should we think k he can do it five years later? 

People learn. At least some people. 

On 8/1/2018 at 7:59 AM, teef said:

that's the first thing i thought.  i don't know if i would have known it was shooters unless someone mentioned it.

It's not Shooters, it's Shorts. Much different. Shooters is a sterile cookie cutter sports bar, Shorts is a grade A hole in wall with terrible Karaoke bar with awful bartenders. Up until a few years ago they had nekkid Playboy pics covering the entire men's bathroom.  

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

It's not Shooters, it's Shorts. Much different. Shooters is a sterile cookie cutter sports bar, Shorts is a grade A hole in wall with terrible Karaoke bar with awful bartenders. Up until a few years ago they had nekkid Playboy pics covering the entire men's bathroom.  

ok.  i'm familiar with shooters then.  we watched the atlanta game this year, and i thought the place was solid.  i especially remember with when it was moe's back in the day.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:11 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OMG OMG did you see the film clip after that - Peter King trivia with Kyle Williams?  Hysterical.  You can just see how fierce a competitor KW is. 

Funniest KW video since his swim competition with Marshawn Lynch - "must see TV" if any of you missed it

I can't believe he guessed Paris was the most populous city in the world... ?

He was doing so well and then lost all of his steam after that.

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Nasty Nate I can see.  But the jury is still way way way out on AJ IMHO.

We've seen more of AJ than we have Nate. If you want to say "the jury is out" on any of them (I wouldn't), then it's definitely AJ.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I can't believe he guessed Paris was the most populous city in the world... ?

He was doing so well and then lost all of his steam after that.

We've seen more of AJ than we have Nate. If you want to say "the jury is out" on any of them (I wouldn't), then it's definitely AJ.

If the jury is not out, what's the verdict?

Can you really judge if a QB is no good on 4 games when he threw 6 TDs and 2 picks and brought  his team from behind to take the lead late in a playoff game only to be blown by Bungle defenders getting 2 Personal Fouls resulting in 30 yards in penalties setting up the opponents game winning FG?

OK. 

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

If the jury is not out, what's the verdict?

Can you really judge if a QB is no good on 4 games when he threw 6 TDs and 2 picks and brought  his team from behind to take the lead late in a playoff game only to be blown by Bungle defenders getting 2 Personal Fouls resulting in 30 yards in penalties setting up the opponents game winning FG?

OK. 

?

On 7/31/2018 at 3:57 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

Not even close.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is a full red shirt year for him.  I wouldn't mind it either.  Would love to see Mack here next year!

I would love to see Mack in Bills uniform as well , but nothing I would LOVE more then having our QB position settled by then , if NOT it won’t matter who we bring we ain’t going nowhere = ( playoffs) 

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Cool avatar.  But evidently not much gray matter between the horns. :)

You're very defensive. Yeah, I obviously got that phrase confused. 

What I meant to say is that if there is a verdict on any of them, it's AJ. 

I do agree with the other poster that neither QB seems very good. There is a small chance we'll be surprised, but all hope seems to rest on Allen's shoulders.

Honestly, when I watched AJ's Bengals games, I saw another Peterman. He didn't have a meltdown, but he didn't look any better than Peterman's best. 

That has shown up in camp, as well. AJ is the most consistent, but it's not at a level that's putting him above the other two guys. Peterman's only in his second year and it sounds like he can be better than AJ is, if he becomes more consistent. Allen obviously has the most potential and is producing highlight-reel plays that the other two simply can't.

So, the jury is out for all three guys, but the least so with AJ. He's already just consistently mediocre.