Josh Allen “not looking to beat anyone out”

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

This is what he said on One Bills Live...which kind of surprised me...I understand he’s trying to learn the offense and his team mates, but so are the other two guys...anyway, it looks like he’s not even expecting himself to start.

Just curious what everyone thinks about this...I know Baker Mayfield said, after the draft, that he expected to earn the starting job- and we all know what Rosen thinks of himself...so what are your thoughts on JA not looking to beat anyone out?

THis is terrible, and very serious. Sounds to me like the kid just shows up for a paycheck. 

Edited by OJ Tom

I would think he knows his time is coming.  Just being patient and letting the process play out.  At the very least, doesn't sound like Josh's maturity level should be questioned, so that is a big positive at these early stages of his career.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

This is what he said on One Bills Live...which kind of surprised me...I understand he’s trying to learn the offense and his team mates, but so are the other two guys...anyway, it looks like he’s not even expecting himself to start.

Just curious what everyone thinks about this...I know Baker Mayfield said, after the draft, that he expected to earn the starting job- and we all know what Rosen thinks of himself...so what are your thoughts on JA not looking to beat anyone out?

Go with God Crispy

• Haha (+1) 1

I think this is a great statement, love it in fact.  What he is saying is that he is focused on learning and building the foundation to be a successful QB, not just being a little better than 2 unproven QB's so he can start. 

Its not like we got Flacco ahead of him here like Lamar does in Balt.  AJ and NP here might lay eggs this preseason and Allen could be named the starter by just not being awful, but doesn't really mean he was ready to start.  So Josh isn't focused on beating those guys, he is focused on his own development first and foremost and the rest will work itself out.  That may mean he wins the job week 1, it may mean he doesn't play at all this year.  I like Baker as a prospect, but look at what he said and whats actually being said about his readiness.  He thought he would win the job outright, when the reports all say he is way behind Tyrod and Browns have firmly committed to TT and odds are Baker doesnt play this year unless TT gets hurt or flops and Browns are still consistently losing.  

I love this type of statement from him, shows his eagerness to learn and develop and check the ego at the door.  

• Like (+1) 1

Clearly the kid lacks heart and desire. He should be immediately labeled a bust and cut from the team. The entire front office, up to and including the night cleaning crew, needs to be immediately and irrevocably fired. In fact, all current coaches and players should be given their walking papers as well for this debacle.

Mr. and Mrs. Pegula should then be forced to sell the team.

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Remind me to never go to one of your parties 

They do tend to be sausage-fests.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Whenever I see a thread like this I’m always dying to hear what the Poster would like him to have said.

"So, yeah. AJ McMunchy and Norm Peterson are just wastes of space in the QB room; they're not real competition. Hell, I'm not sure they're really even quarterbacks. They suck. I'm going to go out there and dominate those hapless bitches on the field. I'm the !@#$ing man, period. I'm going to throw for 6,000 yards this season, at a minimum. No one can match the raw sexual power of Josh !@#$ing Allen. NO ONE.

Oh, and AJ... yeah, sorry buddy, but I've been tagging your wife for like a month now."

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

I think he said the right thing. Being The new kid, he knows that OBD has plans for him. Why be a douche and tick off teamates?

Now if was Rex Ryan's kid one would expect the exact opposite. 

..because for some, that is a VERY difficult thing to comprehend.....one of the more nauseating ones in recent memory was RG II 1/8.....NOTHING was ever his fault in a "L", had no problem throwing teammates under the bus at will and had Daddy RG in the limelight as well.....Rex was "Bloviating Buddy Jr"......that acorn did not fall to far from the "tree"....

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I think you are silly for posting this. Thanks for asking.

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..because for some, that is a VERY difficult thing to comprehend.....one of the more nauseating ones in recent memory was RG II 1/8.....NOTHING was ever his fault in a "L", had no problem throwing teammates under the bus at will and had Daddy RG in the limelight as well.....Rex was "Bloviating Buddy Jr"......that acorn did not fall to far from the "tree"....

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

First, he will be the best, and then he will be first.