Josh Allen “not looking to beat anyone out”

This is what he said on One Bills Live...which kind of surprised me...I understand he’s trying to learn the offense and his team mates, but so are the other two guys...anyway, it looks like he’s not even expecting himself to start.

Just curious what everyone thinks about this...I know Baker Mayfield said, after the draft, that he expected to earn the starting job- and we all know what Rosen thinks of himself...so what are your thoughts on JA not looking to beat anyone out?

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This is what he said on One Bills Live...which kind of surprised me...I understand he’s trying to learn the offense and his team mates, but so are the other two guys...anyway, it looks like he’s not even expecting himself to start.

Just curious what everyone thinks about this...I know Baker Mayfield said, after the draft, that he expected to earn the starting job- and we all know what Rosen thinks of himself...so what are your thoughts on JA not looking to beat anyone out?

....I like the humility and how he shows respect early on........

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Coachspeak.  It's why Mcbeane liked him so much.  

He’s also said that it’s set up so everyone has a shot at it.   Sounds like he was trying to be respectful.  

Guessing he came out of the gate high on adrenaline yesterday and faded at the end, hence the bad throws there. Has to learn how to be a pro. 

Edited by bobblehead

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he just wants to say the PC thing.  He wants to start, no one wants to sit.

I dunno…. I feel like jim sorgi was legitimately ok with cashing a check and never having to play in indy all those years behind manning. haha. 

he was honestly a professional clipboard holder...…. and I think he was cool with that. and that's okay!

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I dunno…. I feel like jim sorgi was legitimately ok with cashing a check and never having to play in indy all those years behind manning. haha. 

he was honestly a professional clipboard holder...…. and I think he was cool with that. and that's okay!

Yeah but if there was a team that wanted to start, he would have jumped for it like McCaron, Taylor and Glennon.  

He said this after Peterman responded to the media that all of the quarterbacks were working together to get better and not against each other.  He, quite frankly, said what he should have said.  I'm glad he was the #1 QB on the Bills board for the draft.  I'll be the other clowns egos get in the way of their success in lieu of actually helping them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If he had stated that, then people will call him Ryan Leaf!