Bills sign LB Keenan Robinson, roster at 90

Long jump/triple jump means he can run.  

The emphasis in this defense is on speed. especially at linebacker.  

And hybrid players.   McDermott is looking for interchangeable parts who can run.  

• Like (+1) 3

Worked him out in March. 

In the intervening months -- given all of Beane's talk about having "the RIGHT 90...not just signing a guy for no reason" -- they must not have found anyone they felt was more worthy of a roster spot than Robinson.

Has good size and speed.  I think at best he starts at Sam and is the other nickel linebacker.  At worst he is the 4th linebaker and spells for all three starters.  Overall good pick up.  Alexander at this point needs to be a situational player and this allows that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This stood out to me also.  Has Katt Williams ever even been in a movie or TV show?  I guess he was on that Wild and Out show on MTV.

Yes he has...mostly in comedic supportive roles like in Friday After Next (very funny btw), First Sunday and Norbert. But I agree that stuck out to me as well, LOL.

I really liked K. Robinson coming out his draft year from Texas. I think he's a good addition to play at the SLB position, hopefully he is healthy and can replace Alexander as the starter. Alexander is better served as a ST ace & situational pass rusher.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whoever writes up the PR stuff needs an editor. “Him and his wife Lauren” ? 

Wow, it should have read "Him and him's wife Lauren".

• Like (+1) 2

I posted about 2 months ago that I’d love to see the Bills pick him up. Solid depth behind Lorax and can be a spot player and contribute no doubt.

great pick up! The defense is gonna have to be solid this year to repeat last year. Cause the offense may struggle a bit.

He played inside linebacker in college.  I haven't looked at what he's done in his pro career, but his scouting report suggests he'd be better on the outside.  Doesn't time that well in the 40, but is said to have good range and game speed.  He had a quad injury last year and was on IR for most of the season,  If recovered he sounds like a good depth signing.  He has started in the past and performed well.

11 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

He played inside linebacker in college.  I haven't looked at what he's done in his pro career, but his scouting report suggests he'd be better on the outside.  Doesn't time that well in the 40, but is said to have good range and game speed.  He had a quad injury last year and was on IR for most of the season,  If recovered he sounds like a good depth signing.  He has started in the past and performed well.

I read that he will compete with Matt Milano at the WLB position 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Why? Humber's still a good depth/ST LBer. 

I disagree. There are better LB's available for a backup job and I'd rather develop a younger guy there than a proven nontalent in his 30's.

6 hours ago, WMDman said:

LORAX has said that hes gonna be more of a pass rusher this season

As he should be, he looked good rushing the passer last year . If Lawson actually lives up to the hype , Hughes /Murphy and Lorax/Lawson is a really good DE rotation, much improved over last year ,but I'm probably in the minority on Hughes (thought he was a force in pressuring last year but stats didn't stack up) and Murphy ,who I think can be a stud opposite Hughes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1