Do you find the "Saints" name/logo offensive?

Do you find the Saints logo/name offensive?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. The name "Saints" is offensive to me because

• It is a religious theme which has no part in the NFL
    • It is a name that evokes violence and death
    • It is a name that symbolizes a weapon
    • I don't find it offensive but will stand behind anyone who is offended by it

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Penn State = Penn St. = Penn Saint. I see the connection clearly now.

The connection is there if you want to take your blinders off.  Just ask all the kids who Sandusky raped, like all the priests did/keep doing to other kids.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

The Tampa Bay Rays were originally called the Devil Rays...not sure why they were forced to make the name change.

I lived in the area at the time. There was some complaint about the “devil’ aspect. I’m not sure how much impact that had in the decision, but it was a factor. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nope, not one bit! I don't get offended by things. You know why? Because I am an actual adult and don't need to get my panties in a bunch over pointless things like sports team names. Being offended is just a persons inability to handle their own emotions. Sack up! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I dont find much of anything offensive. I've got far better things to do in my life than spend time crying about someone hurting my feelings or playing the victim.

That's life. Nobody hands out participation trophies or snowflake awards in life. Nobody gives a crap about you other than yourself, your family, your significant other and a few friends. Life can be cruel and harsh, and i choose to embrace that fact rather than try to run and hide from it because its too hard to deal with. In fact, probably the only thing I am offended by is other people being offended so much.

If I dont like it i won't support it simple as that.

Where is the 5th poll option that says "I am not offended and think people need to get a life, quit being pansies and stop being offended by everything"?  Oh...not there because someone might be offended I guess...sigh....

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

We get it! You are offended by the logo. Just go to bed and dream of buffalos and Packers. Let the adults work this out. 

We get it! You think this is your playground. And you’re sick of 4chan or reddit or wherever you came from. I’ll mark you down as a troll and move along.

I am about as anti-religious as they come, but the name "Saints" is just a name. No need to be offended by it. It'd be like being offended over the Raiders or Bucs name because of what real pirates did in the past. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

All of the above.

I'm highly offended now that you've pointed it out.

4 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I am about as anti-religious as they come, but the name "Saints" is just a name. No need to be offended by it. It'd be like being offended over the Raiders or Bucs name because of what real pirates did in the past. 

Thanks for pointing that out.

Those are irreconcilably offensive. The NFL needs to make the necessary changes.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

The Tampa Bay Rays were originally called the Devil Rays...not sure why they were forced to make the name change.

The Arizona State University Sun Devils' mascot is literally a devil/demon figure.

It's disgustingly heathen.

• Haha (+1) 1