Do you find the "Saints" name/logo offensive?

Do you find the Saints logo/name offensive?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. The name "Saints" is offensive to me because

• It is a religious theme which has no part in the NFL
    • It is a name that evokes violence and death
    • It is a name that symbolizes a weapon
    • I don't find it offensive but will stand behind anyone who is offended by it

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Can you use a word other than pathetic? Call me lame, goofy, asinine, dopey....but pathetic has been used three times now. Go to www.thesaurus.com

I recommend "bathetic."  Only a letter off, so it shouldn't present too much difficulty, and surprisingly applicable in the context.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I had my leg nearly bitten off by a Saint Bernard.....so YES, it is an offensive name.

Plus, Saint Bernards carry a keg of brandy around their necks, which I'm pretty sure is a violation of the NFL personal conduct policy and worth a four game suspension.  So why the hell is New Orleans even allowed to take the field???

But really...someone tell me why the slavery connection isn't offensive.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Last time a team in New Orleans changed their name they chose the Pelicans so I'd be careful in getting rid of the name.  I don't want to play the New Orleans Flamingoes. 

Not true the last team name change was the minor league baseball team. They are now the New Orleans Baby Cakes and it is awesome!!

I voted for the Rougarou for the basketball team. The Pelicans were an old New Orleans baseball team. Benson wanted that name. Now, there is a boxing champ from here using the Rougarou nickname and he even wears the werewolf mask. I love it!!

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not true the last team name change was the minor league baseball team. They are now the New Orleans Baby Cakes and it is awesome!!

I voted for the Rougarou for the basketball team. The Pelicans were an old New Orleans baseball team. Benson wanted that name. Now, there is a boxing champ from here using the Rougarou nickname and he even wears the werewolf mask. I love it!!

That doesn't raise my level of confidence.  It weakens it.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Have they pilfered your Meadcoins? 

Why is it that I always picture Oakland Raiders players hoarding not real money, but those gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins?  Why is it that I think they're that dull?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

Why is it that I always picture Oakland Raiders players hoarding not real money, but those gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins?  Why is it that I think they're that dull?

Next time I am in your area I will give you a meadcoin 

Jets drop bombs

Giants step on people and squash them

Hope Fergy doesn’t decide to delete this thread ?

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

So if you’re not a Saints fan, then you agree that their name/logo is offensive. Thanks. I’ll mark you down as response #2

Further proof of just how pathetic you are. Goodnight little one(s). Happy trolling to both of your accounts tonight. ;)

Just now, Green Lightning said:

This is possibly the dumbest thread I've come across in many a year, and I've seen some beauties.

It's a typical troll thread. The question asked was ridiculous so why take it seriously at all.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

This is possibly the dumbest thread I've come across in many a year, and I've seen some beauties.

In the days before camp, things become unhinged.....it’s part of The Process. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, rodneykm said:

It's a typical troll thread. The question asked was ridiculous so why take it seriously at all.

The religious angle is a fair question in these dull days, and if DC Tom is correct, it becomes far more interesting.