Favorite Tom Hanks movie?

Another Fan

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not one mention of "that thing you do"? 

8 hours ago, bbb said:

Saving Private Ryan, but there are so many that I love.  Green Mile, League of their Own, That thing you do, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Wilson was robbed - he should have gotten the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

Quiet, staid, sober.  Spoke volumes without saying a word.

9 hours ago, Dante said:

The Burbs

Blandings is a better version imho. Lots of great stuff going on in that flick. One of my favorite scenes is Grant's wife picking paint colors.

That woman is the reason the paint chip sample industry was founded.

Castaway. 

I was dragged to "What Women Want" during a trip back to Buffalo, Xmas 2000. I said, "But what about Castaway? Tom Hanks is in it, looks really good."

You all tell me.......which movie has been shown on TV over and over and over again?  

18 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm not a big Tom Hanks fan.  I have always wondered how he managed to end up in so many films given his talent level.

I guess the answer is his movies tend to be financially successful, and that's how you get repeat work in Hollywood.

Five Academy Award Nominations for Best Actor - Won Two

Nine Golden Globe Nominations for Best Actor - Won Four

Nominated for a Tony Award for Best Actor

Plus numerous awards and nominations for directing and producing. 

My favorite Hanks movies:

- Splash

- Bachelor Party

- Big

- A League of Their Own

- Apollo 13

- Toy Story (all of them)

- That Thing You Do (written, directed, starred, and composed four songs)

- Green Mile

- Castaway

- Road to Perdition

- Catch Me If You Can

- Bridge of Spies

- Sully

- The Post

12 hours ago, Dante said:

The Burbs

Blandings is a better version imho. Lots of great stuff going on in that flick. One of my favorite scenes is Grant's wife picking paint colors.

Myrna Loy . . . 

20 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

The Burbs

That was my first choice, I also like Bachelor Party, the Toy Story movies, Money Pit, A League of Their Own, Catch Me If You Can, The Man with One Red Shoe and Splash.

By contrast I hate Forest Gump, Castaway, You've Got Mail, and the Polar Express. Also indifferent on things Philadelphia, Big, Turner and Hootch Nothing in Common, Sleepless in Seattle .

Edited by The Jokeman

13 hours ago, Dante said:

The Burbs

My wife and I spent weeks trying to decide on what color to paint some interior rooms in our house. Back and forth we went, making sure what we did was exactly the right color. We were away one weekend and a client who had a painting business had his guys do the work. When we returned we told him “George, I’m glad we spent so much time getting this right! That’s PERFECT!” He said, “well, what you picked out was way too dark so I just saved you a lot of trouble.” Oh well.....