President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

15 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Could you be more specific? Who caught him doing what in 06?

What other lies has he told that I've missed.

Honest question. Just curious because I have no idea what you're talking about. And please don't tell me to google it. Just use your own words.

A WH staffer named Manuel Miranda stole emails from Leahy and other Senate Dems with the intent of advancing W's judicial nominees.

Kavanaugh worked with this guy closely and has concocted about 3 dodgy stories about his knowledge of the emails over the years. This matter lead to a long delay in his appointment to the US Court of Appeals.

There is no smoking gun proving he lied, but the evolving answers should lead even his most ardent supporters to question his honesty. 

The Dems realized it wasn't politically expedient, so they dropped it instead focusing their energy on a salacious 36 year old allegation. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Either a very dishonest, disingenuous person who has no idea how to converse with people...

Or an intentional asshat here to slide everything to the absurd. 

But it's not me that thinks that. Or Tasker. It's your posts that prove you're one or the other of the above. Want to change the perception of your posts, be a better poster. 

I vote asshat.  It better fits his inconsistency.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

After watching the leaders of the Democratic party attempt to intentionally destroy the lives of a good man and his family, actively work to undo the concept of innocent until proven guilty in our justice system, assert that men by their nature are evil rapists, and all of the rest, you're more motivated to vote for them?

Says all anyone needs to know about you.

Reminder: they just attempted to try a criminal case in a goddamn Senate committee hearing.

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The !@#$?  That's exactly what the Democrats tried to do.

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: :lol: Coons is such a bad actor. 

And his name is racist.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, I'm sympathetic to the #metomovement, but I'm also sympathetic to all the mens lives getting tarnished and careers ruined by allegations that can't be proven. 

how about a #notmemovement for men...

What about the men that rot in jail after being convicted based on victim testimony.  The innocence project has gotten quite a few of these guys off.

https://www.amny.com/news/central-park-rape-wrongful-convictions-1.18439640

I am sympathetic as well but there has to be some kind of balance here.  We can't just say survivors remember vividly what happen and are never wrong which I hear and read about.  (There was an editorial in my local paper pretty much saying that this morning.)  When there is evidence to prove that's not the case.  But they should be treated better by our justice system and police.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The friend in question, under penalty of felony, said that was the case, and that there was never any sexual contact of any kind.

Is she a liar?

Actually, this is what she said:

"I learned about these yearbook pages only a few days ago," Dolphin said in a statement to the Times. "I don't know what 'Renate Alumnus' actually means. I can't begin to comprehend what goes through the minds of 17-year-old boys who write such things, but the insinuation is horrible, hurtful and simply untrue. I pray their daughters are never treated this way. I will have no further comment."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/24/politics/new-york-times-kavanaugh-renate-high-school-yearbook/index.html

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the ABA didn't say slow down, it was one individual. i didnt see anywhere where it stated that he spoke on behalf of the entire ABA.

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It was the ABA, he was their spokesperson. ...

21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

proof?

didn't think so.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for take my ball and go home meme

Gee, thanks Booker.  Considering you're one of the asshats who caused it to begin with.

Think about this: the Democrats who are walking out are effectively protesting the principle of "innocent until proven guilty."

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

Gee, thanks Booker.  Considering you're one of the asshats who caused it to begin with.

Think about this: the Democrats who are walking out are effectively protesting the principle of "innocent until proven guilty."

Correct. Because prog-fascists who don't realize they're prog-fascists (though in this case, some of the senators know exactly what they are) are the most dangerous idiots out there in today's divisive political landscape. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for take my ball and go home meme

not participating in a vote from a committee you sit on should be immediate grounds for dismissal from that committee. same goes for the senate, if you don't vote on a scheduled vote, you should be dismissed from congress.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

The ABA knows better.

Probably a Chinese spy.

We'll never get that far.  This system is going to collapse before we do.

Th upside to that is some people will get some real revenge on the same people

who have been threatening them.

26 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

A WH staffer named Manuel Miranda stole emails from Leahy and other Senate Dems with the intent of advancing W's judicial nominees.

Kavanaugh worked with this guy closely and has concocted about 3 dodgy stories about his knowledge of the emails over the years. This matter lead to a long delay in his appointment to the US Court of Appeals.

There is no smoking gun proving he lied, but the evolving answers should lead even his most ardent supporters to question his honesty. 

The Dems realized it wasn't politically expedient, so they dropped it instead focusing their energy on a salacious 36 year old allegation. 

So, the dems decided not to bring up your speculation about Kavanaugh's knowledge/participation in stolen emails and subsequently lying about them but chose to make asses of themselves over a high school yearbook? I just don't think there's much to your speculation.

• Like (+1) 1

you know what would be funny. say two Republicans miss the vote here. and later those asshat Democrats that refused to vote realize that had they only voted, they could have rejected the nomination.

Edited by Foxx

11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

not participating in a vote from a committee you sit on should be immediate grounds for dismissal from that committee. same goes for the senate, if you don't vote on a scheduled vote, you should be dismissed from congress.

Sometimes there's valid reasons.  

But walking out of a vote in a fit of pique because you can't get your way because your a great big !@#$tard who turned a confirmation into a political hatchet job should be grounds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Is Flake gonna flake?

I'm pretty sure all the Senate Dems will walk out of the final vote if they know all the Republicans are voting to confirm.

A couple of fence-sitting Republicans should let leak they're deciding to vote against, just to get the Democrats to stay for the vote.  Then vote for, with the Democrats present, so the Democrats have participated and can't argue there wasn't a quorum and Democrats weren't represented at the vote.

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I wonder why she wasn't questioned on her connections and her father's connections to the CIA. 

the swamp is not on trial here, only the dwellers within.

:lol:

it looks like they are filing back in. 'bout damn time.

or are they.....

Edited by Foxx

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The simple fact this post is so completely devoid of content that it doesn't put your stupidity on display makes it your most intelligent post ever.

He's probably referring to a possible 1-week delay

• Thank you (+1) 1

Now they have to do the investigation.  I'm ok with what was proposed.  A one week investigation with a hard date to vote.  

The only problem is that god knows what crazy crap and allegations will come out.

Just now, Magox said:

Now they have to do the investigation.  I'm ok with what was proposed.  A one week investigation with a hard date to vote.  

The only problem is that god knows what crazy crap and allegations will come out.

They don't though. They can call the vote Saturday, and probably will. 

McConnel and Schumer will make the final call. 

Now Flake is waffling on the dems :lol: 

This is the problem when you rely on a snake without a spine.

• Like (+1) 2