Post a picture of your first ever car

1d878159d911611af56485b05b675fcd.jpg

boom!

my parents wouldn't let us buy cars, so we got the hand me downs.  this puppy was all mine.

46 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

6ef6f01c.jpg

21 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

My wagon laughs at your toy......

Image result for 1988 chevrolet caprice estate wagon

i didn't even see these before i posted.  nice

Image result for 1981 toyota corolla tercel

Above was my first car, Toyota Corolla Tercel  about $5,200 brand new, cheaper car on the planet back then, had plastic on the floor and no radio...never replaced anything but tires, filters, one battery  after 120,000 miles i gave it away.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

5 minutes ago, teef said:

they were the minivans of their time.

Nice teef, I like you even more now that I know you owned the same car as me, just in Buick skin!

9 seatbelts in those bad boys....a V8 that churned out "maybe" 150HP.....and survived me burying it in an off-road snowfield off Michael road on the way to OPHS. And also then survived my brother falling asleep and crashing it into a ditch which bent the frame. 

When Goodwill picked it up, they appreciated that everything worked on it! If I still had it I would have done a full frame-off restoration. 

1961 Corvair Monza 900; white on red; automatic.  Bought it for $1,200 in 1990.  I have never loved a car like I loved this one and my dream is to have another some day.

*** This is not the actual car, but it was in nearly pristine shape like the one in the picture.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair for sale 100985504

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

1961 Corvair Monza 900; white on red; automatic.  Bought it for $1,200 in 1990.  I have never loved a car like I loved this one and my dream is to have another some day.

*** This is not the actual car, but it was in nearly pristine shape like the one in the picture.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair for sale 100985504

Did you enjoy a lot of strawberry milkshakes and Van Morrison in this car?

Mine was a 1993 Honda Civic EX coupe in black with taupe interior, just like this one.

Great car; put 125,000 miles on it in 8 years of ownership, nothing broke ever.

Took it to Watkins Glen for a few driving schools; car was nice and light (@ 2,350 lbs. as I recall) but tended to understeer.  Still a lot of fun to drive. 

Honda_Civic_Coupe_1993-1995.JPG