Summit Predictions

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Is there anything more?

Yes but it's still streaming out.That's just the released portions. Notice the dates... A lot of this was done in May and April on the pages we've been able to see so far.

Press conference in under an hour from Trump. More should be leaking out soon.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

See this obama fans? This is what !@#$ing winning looks like

Lol, oh really? I bet you said that when you got your Trump University diploma in the mail. 

De-nuclearization very soon, ya right. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Consciously optimistic , a good first step that I was not expecting , I wish Trump success . 

I am with you on this one..lets hope and pray this leads to peace and stability.

Lots to be worked out..lots of information and verification methods that need to be done.

As I understand it, this is really a reaffirmation of previous agreements (relative to the denuclearization) ..but hopefully this time both side follow through.

Good first step Mr. Trump!

2 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

If you had, “Trump making concessions and getting nothing in return”’ you win.

OK, I'll play.  What concessions did Trump make?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

OK, I'll play.  What concessions did Trump make?

I think all the left has is "he took a picture with Kim thereby legitimizing him to the world" ... or at least that was what the talking point was last night. Hard to keep up the goalposts move so often. ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

The ending of military exercises, and Trump even decided to call them “war games”, a tip of the cap to Un.

That's a concession?   Did the US agree to remove troops & naval presence?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think all the left has is "he took a picture with Kim thereby legitimizing him to the world" ... or at least that was what the talking point was last night. Hard to keep up the goalposts move so often. ?

It’s always “the left” to you sycophants...like their is no room for Conservatives who refuse to drink the look-aid.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Yes, ending training exercises was a concession.

Love him or hate him, Trump is doing something both Bushes, Clinton and Obama couldn't.  

I've never understood the preoccupation that some have with keeping US troops in Korea in perpetuity.  Times change. 

If someone from 2018 went back to 1970 and said the United States and Vietnam are signing cooperative trade and security deals and the Vietnamese Prime Minister visits the White House, you'd be laughed out of the room.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

Yes, ending training exercises was a concession.

A concession is something you give up for nothing.   Stopping military exercises is a symbolic move.  With no change in military deployment on the peninsula, the exercises can be resumed at a drop of the hat.

A concession would be an immediate lifting of sanctions.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Your gods did nothing as President and now you demand perfection....

umm...where did I say I was demanding perfection. I said job well done Mr. Trump.

Having said that, the North Koreans have agreed to denuke 3 times before, baulked at verification, and ultimately just strung the US and the world along .Do you deny this happened????

As of today, there is a pledge to "work towards denucleariztion"...no verification specifics etc. Let's all hope we get there, God knows i do..and  we know Trump and Pompeo insist on open and always 100% verification. .Let's just hope they demand it in all agreements, and not let ones they negotiate have a different standard.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

umm...where did I say I was demanding perfection. I said job well done Mr. Trump.

Having said that, the North Koreans have agreed to denuke 3 times before, baulked at verification, and ultimately just strung the US and the world along .Do you deny this happened????

As of today, there is a pledge to "work towards denucleariztion"...no verification specifics etc. Let's all hope we get there, God knows i do..and  we know Trump and Pompeo insist on open and always 100% verification. .Let's just hope they demand it in all agreements, and not let ones they negotiate have a different standard.

I thought it was perfectly clear that's what you meant.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GG said:

Not training with the people we are helping defend themselves. Ya, that's a concession. Gees, if Obama had sent Kim a pizza you'd be bleeding out your butt in anger. 

And Kim gave up nothing in return, BTW 

22 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Love him or hate him, Trump is doing something both Bushes, Clinton and Obama couldn't.  

I've never understood the preoccupation that some have with keeping US troops in Korea in perpetuity.  Times change. 

If someone from 2018 went back to 1970 and said the United States and Vietnam are signing cooperative trade and security deals and the Vietnamese Prime Minister visits the White House, you'd be laughed out of the room.  

No, They all got worthless agreements from this murderous regime also. But they didn't do photo ops with the brutal dictator or give them greater legitimacy on the international stage. 

23 minutes ago, GG said:

A concession is something you give up for nothing.   Stopping military exercises is a symbolic move.  With no change in military deployment on the peninsula, the exercises can be resumed at a drop of the hat.

A concession would be an immediate lifting of sanctions.

Good point about concessions vs symbolic gestures. We would do well to remember that. Gestures are important to the process, particularly in most Asian cultures. It will be interesting to see how some of the Asian media outlets spin our goodwill gesture.

And, as predicted, China wasted no time in demanding that sanctions against N Korea be lifted. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Trump hasn't done anything different than the Bushes, Clinton and Obama - NK has pledged before to come correct...and ultimately didn't....maybe this sounds different....maybe this will turn out different...who knows.....based on Trump as POTUS record of accomplishing anything substantive...

AFA keeping troops...you do realize that NK has troops on the border as well as weapons directed at SK? You do know that there exists a formal war declaration? You do know that the troops represent an important military presence in the South Pacific....keeping NK and China in check.....you do know that our friends SK and Japan want them there right?.....of course you knew all that....

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

!@#$ off, you droopy-eyed armless child.

lol...you got nothing dude....absolutely nothing

• Like (+1) 1

Kim is a good guy, Trudeau deserves a special place in hell? 

Normalizing the dictators. Putin summit up next. I guess they will be planning out the Trump-Russia mid term election strategy 

President for life? Ya, it was a joke 

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics/trump-jokes-about-being-president-for-life

President Donald Trump said his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un "would not have happened" without Otto Warmbier, the American college student who mysteriously died after being sent home from a North Korean labor camp last year.

Trump appeared to sidestep a question about him calling Kim "talented" given North Korea's humanitarian record and human rights violations by crediting Warmbier's death for bringing the two world leaders together.

"Otto Warmbier is a very special person and he will be for a long time in my life. His parents are good friends of mine. I think without Otto, this would not have happened," Trump told reporters at a Tuesday news conference in Singapore. "Something happened from that day, was a terrible thing. It was brutal. But a lot of people started to focus on what was going on, including North Korea. I really think that Otto is someone who did not die in vain. He had a lot to do with us today."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-credits-otto-warmbier-north-korea-summit-otto-did-not-n882276

What? 

24 minutes ago, baskin said:

Trump hasn't done anything different than the Bushes, Clinton and Obama - NK has pledged before to come correct...and ultimately didn't....maybe this sounds different....maybe this will turn out different...who knows.....based on Trump as POTUS record of accomplishing anything substantive...

AFA keeping troops...you do realize that NK has troops on the border as well as weapons directed at SK? You do know that there exists a formal war declaration? You do know that the troops represent an important military presence in the South Pacific....keeping NK and China in check.....you do know that our friends SK and Japan want them there right?.....of course you knew all that....

lol...you got nothing dude....absolutely nothing

can you see how childish you are trying to insist nothing has happened?

this is purely your leisure time activity, how you are spending it

and you are coming across as a moron and loser

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

can you see how childish you are trying to insist nothing has happened?

this is purely your leisure time activity, how you are spending it

and you are coming across as a moron and loser

And very bitter. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, westside said:

And very bitter. 

it's okay to be bitter at times, it's quite righteous sometimes, but constant non-stop nattering is ruinous, god help the people who have to live with someone like that

it's not utopia but it's a good step to get to the table after decades of stalemate, there's no other way to look at this no matter how you feel about the people involved

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1