[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

12 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Stinky first period for the good guys but when they play that poorly and walk away with it still being 0-0 I take that as a victory.  Hopefully they wake up in the 2nd and start generating some offense.  

I thought they started out pretty good. For about the first 5 minutes the Sabres did a pretty good job of controlling the play. 

Then the next 15mins it was mostly all Winnipeg. 

So yeah, overall it was not a good period. Very happy buffalo is not behind. 

Lets hope for a better 2nd! 

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo turning the puck over WAY too much tonight. They are constantly just handing it right to Winnipeg. 

They are really struggling in general. We look out-classes tonight. Winnipeg is so good at taking away their time and space and transitioning up the ice quickly. Winnipeg is just dictating the whole game. Buffalo looks like they are just trying to hang on. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thompson has to be sent down to the Amerks.

I was just typing the same thing. 

Thompson should be in the AHL. He’s just not ready for thr NHL yet. I can’t really think of much of anything he’s done to contribute so far this year. He was good in the preseason and I thought he earned his spot. But since the regular season started, he’s done absolutely nothing to keep that spot. Send him down and bring up someone who’s better prepared to contribute right now. 

I suspect he he will be sent down when Scott Wilson is ready to come back. At the very latest. Could be sooner (and should be...).  

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Buffalo turning the puck over WAY too much tonight. They are constantly just handing it right to Winnipeg. 

They are really struggling in general. We look out-classes tonight. Winnipeg is so good at taking away their time and space and transitioning up the ice quickly. Winnipeg is just dictating the whole game. Buffalo looks like they are just trying to hang on. 

I was just typing the same thing. 

Thompson should be in the AHL. He’s just not ready for thr NHL yet. I can’t really think of much of anything he’s done to contribute so far this year. He was good in the preseason and I thought he earned his spot. But since the regular season started, he’s done absolutely nothing to keep that spot. Send him down and bring up someone who’s better prepared to contribute right now. 

I suspect he he will be sent down when Scott Wilson is ready to come back. At the very latest. Could be sooner (and should be...).  

Let CJ Smith have a shot with the big boys.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thompson has to be sent down to the Amerks.

He is young but he isn't cutting it at the moment.  At one point it looked like WPG left him get in deep knowing they could just take the puck and get an odd man break.  He is too slow to catch up.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Holy **** Bogo! 

Almost gave Winnipeg the game with less than 10 seconds left. Wtf was he thinking with that play?! There’s seconds left. Just keep the damn puck along the boards. You definitely don’t do what he did. I learned that in pee-wee hockey ffs. 

Well... no matter what happens in OT, buffalo is damn lucky to be coming away with (at least) 1 point.

Edited by BillsFan4

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (11-6-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 20 vs. MIN at 6 PM ET on 11/17

Botterill added Hutton, Skinner and Sheary for almost nothing. What a difference these additions are making!

The Sabres were outplayed by a better team when they beat Tampa. We won. 

The Sabres were outplayed by a better team when they beat Winnipeg. We won. 

Because this team doesn't quit they always have a chance to come away with a win or a hard earned point. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Botterill added Hutton, Skinner and Sheary for almost nothing. What a difference these additions are making!

The Sabres were outplayed by a better team when they beat Tampa. We won. 

The Sabres were outplayed by a better team when they beat Winnipeg. We won. 

Because this team doesn't quit they always have a chance to come away with a win or a hard earned point. 

They are learning how to win. So much more enjoyable watching them now

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

They are learning how to win. So much more enjoyable watching them now

Even when they are being outplayed you never get the sense that they are slacking. Whether they are winning, losing or tied their style of play for the most part stays the same. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Hutton was phenomenal. I wonder why Skinner doesn't get his number called in the SO? For that matter, Dahlin, too. 

I can't argue with the results though. Great win, third place in the Atlantic. Go Sabres!

His career shootout % is pretty bad. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It just doesn’t seem possible that we outshot them 28-14 after the first period and shot attempts were 56 apiece. Just...strange. Perhaps it was because the Jets swarmed for longer stretches and had more quality chances? 

Great win. Most of us were gonna be happy with four out of the eight points over the four game stretch starting with Tampa. We are there already. Time to get greedy. Gonna be a tough road to hoe in Minny on the second of a back to back, especially while traveling late after an extended shootout the night before, but I think this team maybe doesn’t know better. 

I know he was super highly touted, can't miss, generational and all but it is beyond difficult watching Dahlin and trying convince your own brain that he is 18 years old.  It's ridiculous.  When he makes a mistake there is zero panic.  He barely missed setting up an unreal game winner in OT.

18.  Nope.  Not buying it.

• Like (+1) 2