[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Not sure how Nylander didn’t make the team

He's not ready to play top 6 minutes in the NHL.  I'd much rather have him playing in the Top 6 in Rochester than playing a 3rd or 4th line role in Buffalo.  Keep in mind, he's still only 20 years old.  There's no reason to rush him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's not ready to play top 6 minutes in the NHL.  I'd much rather have him playing in the Top 6 in Rochester than playing a 3rd or 4th line role in Buffalo.  Keep in mind, he's still only 20 years old.  There's no reason to rush him.

I mean I get it but I just thought he was arguably our best forward in preseason. It’s going to be hard to crack top 6 minutes this year or next year. The 3rd line would be good for him

10-2: Kyle Okposo on WGR (9:13)

Okposo - You get excited for the season opener every year. You just want to go out and show what you worked on over the summer. I think we did a lot of good work, and we're looking forward to showing it off. #Sabres

Okposo - I'm doing really well. Just putting my story out there was something that was scary for me, a tough thing to do, but it was so worth it. It was liberating, and it has helped out others that have reached out to me. It makes it all worth it. #Sabres

Okposo - You won't find a lot of guys around the league that like playing against Jeff Skinner. He always seems to have the puck and it irks guys. It's also a plus having a guy who can score goals. #Sabres

Okposo - Buffalo isn't one of the flashiest cities, but from personal experience, once you get here you will love being here. #Sabres

Okposo - I think our speed has vastly improved. With the guys we've added in the past few seasons, we're definitely in a better place than where we were last year. #Sabres

Okposo on Rasmus Dahlin - He's a special talent. He's extremely smooth, and he's a great kid with a great head on his shoulders. He wants to play hockey, get better and soak everything up. He wants to compete and win. #Sabres

Okposo - There will be that adjustment period with playing in the NHL, but he'll get that down quick. His skills are dynamic. Everyone is pretty impressed with him as well. #Sabres

10-2: Amerks' GM Randy Sexton with The Instigators (14:36)

#Sabres assistant general manager Randy Sexton joins @TheInstigators right now on WGR!

Sexton - We have high expectations for our team this season in Rochester. We have all the ingredients to have a high level of success. #Amerks

Sexton on Jack Dougherty - He's a player who's game is way more substance than style. He's a really reliable defenseman in his own end who can provide some offense. We're thrilled to add Jack to our defensive depth. #Amerks #Sabres

Sexton - Jack, like everyone else, will have to earn their ice time this season. Their opportunity to play and get more ice time will come from their work ethic on and off the ice. #Amerks #Sabres

Sexton - Like every young player, there are things to improve on. Brendan Guhle comes in with a clear mind and high expectations this season. The road to Buffalo goes through Rochester, and he's a guy that has to go through that. We have high hopes for him. #Sabres

Sexton - Alex Nylander did everything that we asked of him in the offseason. He had a fantastic camp and he is close. He's made tremendous strides. He has the skill to be a dynamic offensive player, but there are things he still needs to work on. #Amerks #Sabres

Sexton - The changes came from work in the gym and work off the ice. He said he feels fresh, strong and great. He is disappointed to be going to Rochester, but understands where we're coming from and where he needs to be. #Sabres 

Sexton - We've worked hard in our time in Buffalo and Rochester to build relationships with our players. We can help them get to where they want to be, and we want to get to know them. Our players have come to learn that we care about them, and we all have a common goal. #Sabres

Sexton - We think we have all the pieces here, if we stick together through the season, to have a championship team in Rochester. #Amerks #Sabres

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I believe so.  Someone must be getting moved out with Rosters required to be set by 5 PM ET.

Didn't they free up space by sending 3 down to Rochester last night, and Wilson on IR?

Interesting waiver claim. I was wondering if someone would take a chance on Remi Elie. Glad it was Buffalo. 

Some info and highlights - 

When you see that number 40 sweater out on the ice, you know what you are getting night in and night out: hustle, effort and physicality. While the stats might not scream out at you, Remi Elie provides something that every coach loves to see in a young developing player with his heart and a work ethic.

At 22 years old, selected 40th overall in the 2013 draft, Remi Elie is starting to prove that he is a NHL regular and can skate with top guys. He is that player who coaches love, and you can tell why he made the roster to begin the season and hasn’t left yet. Elie puts in the work day in and day out, shift after shift you can count on him to provide those three things; hustle, effort and physicality. He will beat his man to the puck and if not well then he will provide the defense to get that puck back. 

Coaches love these kinda guys because it shows that they want to be here and will do anything to continue to be here. No young player wants to constantly rotate from AHL to NHL and back and forth through the season. But most of the time that is what happens because the potential flashes but other than that they have nothing to offer. But with Elie the potential flashes spectacularly in moments while in others his presence is known and DOES NOT give up. He gives a team full of star players something to emulate at practice and in games. 

Lets take a look at some of Elie’s highlights through the first half of this season: (click on link)

https://www.defendingbigd.com/2018/1/8/16861354/dallas-stars-remi-elie-highlights

From what I read, I guess he was he was pretty well liked by all his teammates. 

Edited by BillsFan4