[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Housley - Dahlin is getting better every day. It's been a grind for him, and the biggest for him is learning the characteristics of players around the league and get some time away from the game to get energized and re-booted.

Grind indeed. Kid hasn’t had a decent break from the game in over a year and there are times in games when he looks tired so I’m not surprised. I think he’ll benefit the most from the 10 day break in January. 

The kid is a sublime hockey player. That simultaneous spin move around the opponent and pass to himself off the boards to keep the puck in the O zone vs. Ottawa on Saturday was amazing. That just can’t be taught. 

Edited by K-9

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Where you are on the ladder has little to do with behaving ethically. I don't find your nanny example persuasive because a nanny working for a family would be acting unethically/inappropriately if she posted private conversations on the internet or wherever. Doing right has nothing to do with what you do as it does about your character.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. As a customer, you are not dealing with a few companies that set uniform policy. As a customer, you are dealing with individuals from all walks of life, the world, etc... The driver broke no laws. Who are you to judge what is right?

Agree to disagree. Good luck trying to convince decentralized, loosely regulated ride-sharing providers are all going to be on the same page ethically.  It's just easier for the customer to keep their mouth shut.  I set the rules for what happens in my vehicle outside obviously breaking of any laws.   I should have a right to film them and record audio just like other businesses do.  I am protecting my asset (vehicle) and life. What I do with that info is my business.

Unless you want government more involved with ride sharing, be careful what You wish for.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Uber’s CEO says recording + sharing that video violated their terms of service. 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Can't have your cake and eat it too. As a customer, you are not dealing with a few companies that set uniform policy. As a customer, you are dealing with individuals from all walks of life, the world, etc... The driver broke no laws. Who are you to judge what is right?

Agree to disagree. Good luck trying to convince decentralized, loosely regulated ride-sharing providers are all going to be on the same page ethically.  It's just easier for the customer to keep their mouth shut.  I set the rules for what happens in my vehicle outside obviously breaking of any laws.   I should have a right to film them and record audio just like other businesses do.  I am protecting my asset (vehicle) and life. What I do with that info is my business.

Unless you want government more involved with ride sharing, be careful what You wish for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, bbb said:

Of course they will say that. Uber is a side job.  They will can a driver, who's going to be heart broken? The CEO wants  people to take Uber, they'd side with customer... Instead of just saying: "Show some individual responsibility and keep your trap shut on sensitive topics."

What's new in America. Yet... They want "ethics." One can make more $$$$ selling dirt to TMZ than driving for Uber.

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of course they will say that. Uber is a side job.  They will can a driver, who's going to be heart broken? The CEO wants  people to take Uber, they'd side with customer... Instead of just saying: "Show some individual responsibility and keep your trap shut on sensitive topics."

What's new in America. Yet... They want "ethics." One can make more $$$$ selling dirt to TMZ than driving for Uber.

Well, yeah. But that's the ethical question, isn't it? 

I'd be interested in knowing if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy in a taxi. It's not public transportation, it's transportation available to the public. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Great. Yet another screed about how Reinhardt needs to jump start his game early in the season. Might as well wait until January again. Although this year, he won't be on Jack's line to get him going. 

JBots was smart to sign him to a short term deal. 

At this juncture and as much as I like certain aspects of his game at times, I wouldn't care if he was traded. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

At this juncture and as much as I like certain aspects of his game at times, I wouldn't care if he was traded. 

I'm not with you on this issue. The attributes you like are the same attributes that I like. He is not very much of a north/south skater because he simply doesn't have the speed. But his passing ability and instincts for the game are superb. As you know he is most effective when he is in front of the net screening and knocking the puck in in tight spaces. He hasn't been too consistent in that area so far but he is the type of player who will eventually score in bunches. That has been his history. 

I agree with you that Botterill was smart in signing him to a short deal because it is still too early to tell what his potential is. It's easier to make a determination of what type of a player Jack or Skinner is but with Reinhart it is more difficult to determine. With a player such as Reinhart most of his numbers come from his line mates who would be converting his passes. When they don't finish his numbers don't really reflect how well he plays. 

While you are more receptive to making a deal I'm less inclined to do so. 

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

Great. Yet another screed about how Reinhardt needs to jump start his game early in the season. Might as well wait until January again. Although this year, he won't be on Jack's line to get him going. 

At this point, I expect him to do exactly what he did last year and have a very strong second half.  That'll be enough to get a decent return for him when they trade him in the offseason.  At this point, he is what he is.

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

At this point, I expect him to do exactly what he did last year and have a very strong second half.  That'll be enough to get a decent return for him when they trade him in the offseason.  At this point, he is what he is.

We disagree on Reinhart but that's okay. What do you think we could get for him?

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

We disagree on Reinhart but that's okay. What do you think we could get for him?

I don't like playing the trade proposal game.  There's way too many details that go into it.  That said, if he pulls off the strong second half again, that definitely ups his value.  Teams will think they can get a full year of that from him.  But then again, if strong second halves extend into the playoffs, that completely changes my view on the whole thing.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm not with you on this issue. The attributes you like are the same attributes that I like. He is not very much of a north/south skater because he simply doesn't have the speed. But his passing ability and instincts for the game are superb. As you know he is most effective when he is in front of the net screening and knocking the puck in in tight spaces. He hasn't been too consistent in that area so far but he is the type of player who will eventually score in bunches. That has been his history. 

I agree with you that Botterill was smart in signing him to a short deal because it is still too early to tell what his potential is. It's easier to make a determination of what type of a player Jack or Skinner is but with Reinhart it is more difficult to determine. With a player such as Reinhart most of his numbers come from his line mates who would be converting his passes. When they don't finish his numbers don't really reflect how well he plays. 

While you are more receptive to making a deal I'm less inclined to do so. 

I don’t think it’s difficult to assess Reinhart at all; it’s easy to say what kind of player he is: wildly inconsistent and often not fully engaged, especially when it comes to puck battles along the boards.

I don’t buy the excuse that it’s becsuse his line mates don’t finish, either. There is no shortage of players that would benefit if their line mates could just finish. Jack is a better example of that, but Eichel keeps generating chances. Samson is just not creating enough opportunities, period. Again, that’s reflective of his inconsistent effort to create them. 

Anyway, these reports about needing to “find his game” and to “get going” are tiresome. He’s been a pro for five years now. I had hoped he’d have a better idea of what it takes by now. And I think he does. I just don’t think what he has is good enough. 

Maybe they can package him and Scandella in a trade. ?

7 hours ago, shrader said:

I don't like playing the trade proposal game.  There's way too many details that go into it.  That said, if he pulls off the strong second half again, that definitely ups his value.  Teams will think they can get a full year of that from him.  But then again, if strong second halves extend into the playoffs, that completely changes my view on the whole thing.

I'm confident that you and K-9 will come around to my positive view of Reinhart. I'm also predicting that by the end of the season K-9 will be making the observation that Scandella is a good partner with Bogo. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

^^^^^^Scandella is cooked..

You kn ow what's fun about the Sabres not totally sucking? I am looking forward to this game tonight.They were better team agaisnt Rangers..but forget preseason expectations this is a good Canadians club, one that really needs to be considered along with the Sabres as a potential wildcard team. 

Lets Go Buffalo!!!

43 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You kn ow what's fun about the Sabres not totally sucking? I am looking forward to this game tonight.They were better team agaisnt Rangers..but forget preseason expectations this is a good Canadians club, one that really needs to be considered along with the Sabres as a potential wildcard team. 

Lets Go Buffalo!!!

That's a heck of a skating team. They got younger and with their fresh legs they have shown that they can fly down the ice. Sometimes changing players for the sake of changing players you can refresh and invigorate a stale team. That's what the Sabres and Montreal did this offseason. 

P.S. I'm not proclaiming that Scandella is a special player because he certainly is not. However, that doesn't mean that he is dreadful. He's a useful defender who so far works well  with Bogo. You work with what you got and put the player in the right situation. Nothing more and nothing less. 

22 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What's next for Joel Quenneville?

Greg Wyshynski  ESPN   Nov 6, 2018

Teams that immediately come to mind that might be in the Quenneville business:

The Buffalo Sabres, who could view him as a significant upgrade over second-year coach Phil Housley. Owner Terry Pegula missed out on Mike Babcock when he signed with the Leafs; what would he pay to land Quenneville?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Lets Go Buffalo!!!

Yeah, finally they are at the very least, watchable this season.  Last 3-4 seasons I couldn't watch more than a period of any game. Still have a long way to go.  I watched some of the pens caps last night (only early game on), and when you see two pretty decent teams play for a while you can see how the Sabres are still lacking, but definitely much improved.

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

What's next for Joel Quenneville?

Greg Wyshynski  ESPN   Nov 6, 2018

Teams that immediately come to mind that might be in the Quenneville business:

The Buffalo Sabres, who could view him as a significant upgrade over second-year coach Phil Housley. Owner Terry Pegula missed out on Mike Babcock when he signed with the Leafs; what would he pay to land Quenneville?

Hmmmm tough call.  Not sure I'd be ready to give up on Housley just yet.  But Quenneville might be better with all the young players that need to develop.

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 11/8/18 at Montreal

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Sunday, November 4
Buffalo 1 at NY Rangers 3
Goals: Sheary
Goalie: Hutton (19 saves/21 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 0/4; PK: 1/1; Shots: Buffalo 40 – NY Rangers 22

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 59)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 15 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 15 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/6: Activated F Sean Malone from IR; assigned Malone to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Nov. 10: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 16: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 8 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Minnesota, 6 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 19: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at CANADIENS
  • This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Montreal 4-3 in Buffalo on Oct. 25
  • Next meeting: Friday, Nov. 23 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-4-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 4-5-1 on the road
  • This is the 281st game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 127-112-41 series record.
  • The Sabres are 54-72-13 on the road against the Canadiens all-time.

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yeah, finally they are at the very least, watchable this season.  Last 3-4 seasons I couldn't watch more than a period of any game. Still have a long way to go.  I watched some of the pens caps last night (only early game on), and when you see two pretty decent teams play for a while you can see how the Sabres are still lacking, but definitely much improved.

Hmmmm tough call.  Not sure I'd be ready to give up on Housley just yet.  But Quenneville might be better with all the young players that need to develop.

...certainly agree with your assessment...........

BROSSARD - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured at Thursday's morning skate at the Bell Sports Complex.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Agostino - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - Peca - Hudon

Benn - Petry
Alzner - Reilly
Ouellet - Mete
Juulsen - Schlemko

Price
Niemi

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The NHL's best line?  And, a few weeks ago, before they actually played together, Housley's head  was being called for all over the place for coming up with such a stupid line! 

Projected Lineup

Beaulieu will skate on a defense pair with Rasmus Dahlin, replacing Casey NelsonKyle Okposo will move to a forward line with Conor Sheary and Casey Mittelstadt while Evan Rodrigues will center Vladimir Sobotka and Sam Reinhart. 
Linus Ullmark will get the nod in net. Here's the full projected lineup:

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 29 Jason Pominville
17 Vladimir Sobotka - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 23 Sam Reinhart
43 Conor Sheary - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 21 Kyle Okposo
10 Patrik Berglund - 22 Johan Larsson - 28 Zemgus Girgensons

19 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
Zach Bogosian - 6 Marco Scandella
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 26 Rasmus Dahlin

35 Linus Ullmark
40 Carter Hutton

2 hours ago, bbb said:

The NHL's best line?  And, a few weeks ago, before they actually played together, Housley's head  was being called for all over the place for coming up with such a stupid line! 

he's a dunce cause it took him too long to figure it COULD be a great line?

I did not think Pommers would keep up, for sure(hopefully Pommer fans got that)

And I would still trade Housley for Quenneville!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1