[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

17 hours ago, JohnC said:

When you have a wish list and it is fulfilled then you have to accept the blame. You should be held accountable. Don't shirk from your responsibility here for the disappointing endings. Have you ever considered that wishing for more victories might be better than settling for less? :devil:  

They really need to start scoring 6 goals a game and giving up 0.

53 minutes ago, shrader said:

They really need to start scoring 6 goals a game and giving up 0.

I have a simpler wish: When on offense get in front of the net. A perplexing issue that repeatedly rears up its ugly head is why so often in the first period of games this relatively young team skates like they are old arthritic? It was apparent in the Calgary and Ottawa games. 

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@JohnC this stuff will never end on this guy...should have traded him two years ago as some smart guy on here kept advocating?

https://buffalonews.com/2018/11/01/woman-sues-ex-sabre-evander-kane-alleging-he-coerced-her-into-having-abortions/?utm_medium=more_stories

Whether the claims of the woman have merit or not is debatable. Regardless, his risky behavior off ice is going to eventually jeopardize his career. I don't know of the smart person who was calling for his trade :ph34r: but at the time prior to his eventual trade he was one of the few goal scorers on an offensively impotent team. When can't be questioned is that getting rid of him was the right thing for the Sabres and him. He;s talented but undisciplined on and off the ice.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2018 at 12:12 PM, plenzmd1 said:

yea...think we chatted bout this last year. My gut is you got it set up to record on the old channel..wasn't it like 638 or something? there was a thread here where it was like ** sabres 638/other..somthing like that. the purpose of the code was to make sure it recorded the MSG feed first, if there was not one then record 220 or for you in caroilna whatever the hurricanes local is for when they played the Canes.

And man, I am getting really frustrated with this new Genie interface. Cant get the Sabre games to record on right channel, recording go missing and have to go into history to find them, stops communication with the other DVRs connected and needs a reset like once a week...all common problems with the software, not the hardware.

BTW, i am going to chat with them today..do you record on a genie or just regular DVR?

It looks like my setup has the channel as 365 instead of 365-1.  I don't know if that matters and I also have no clue how, if possible, to change it.

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

It looks like my setup has the channel as 365 instead of 365-1.  I don't know if that matters and I also have no clue how, if possible, to change it.

i tried to do the chat with them yesterday...that was useless. When I have some more time and beers in me, will call and talk to their technical folks. This Genie UI update is causing them headaches a plenty...plus just received a mail saying they offering a rebate on Sunday from last week as I guess that was a mess. I get it for free, so ain't gonna muddy the waters asking for $20

Yikes, remember when they had the best product and service ..not even all that long ago..

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 11/3/18 vs. Ottawa

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Thursday, November 1
Buffalo 2 at Ottawa 4
Goals: Pominville, Skinner
Goalie: Hutton (28 saves/31 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 1/4; PK: 3/5; Shots: Buffalo 48 – Ottawa 32

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 53)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 13 games
Sean Malone (knee, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 13 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 13 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Sunday, Nov. 4: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 8: Buffalo at Montreal, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 10: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 16: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 8 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME
SENATORS at SABRES
  • This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Senators this season.
  • Last meeting: Ottawa defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Ottawa on Nov. 1
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, March 26 in Ottawa
  • The Sabres are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Senators; 5-4-1 at home
  • This is the 139th game all-time between Buffalo and Ottawa; Buffalo has a 67-51-20 series record.
  • The Sabres are 36-23-8 at home against the Senators all-time.

Great first period (outside of the last few minutes anyway). I was hoping they’d come out fired up and I wasn’t disappointed. 

Now they need to keep their foot on the gas. 

They say that 3 goal lead can be the most dangerous (lead) in hockey... 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Great first period (outside of the last few minutes anyway). I was hoping they’d come out fired up and I wasn’t disappointed. 

Now they need to keep their foot on the gas. 

They say that 3 goal lead can be the most dangerous (lead) in hockey... 

I thought it was a 4 goal lead...............I hope we can avoid that! 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2018-19 - Game 15 vs. NYR at 7 PM ET on 11/4

Don't tell K-9 that I said that Scandella is playing well. He will question my  vision and sanity. :ph34r:

When the Sabres have players around the opposing net good things happen. 

Ullmark was not challenged much but he was quietly efficient. There is such a calmness to his game. As the season advances I see him playing more. Maybe every other game. 

Bogo playing is a major addition not only to the defense but to the team. He is rugged and has a presence not only with the opposition but also with his own team. He taking down the Ottawa player hovering around the goalie into the boards behind the net was a thing to behold. He did it in such a way that would not garner a penalty. My only criticism of him is that his beard is getting scraggly. He needs to trim it. I have an aversion toward slovenly looking players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Post-Game Report: 11/3 vs. Ottawa

Final Score

1st 2nd 3rd OT SO Final SOG
Senators
(5-6-2)
0 1 1 2 29
Sabres
(7-5-2)
3 4 2 9 41

Top Notes
  • The Sabres scored nine goals in a game for the first time since Jan 27, 2009 at Edmonton (10-2 win).
    • The last time Buffalo scored nine goals in a home game was Jan. 18, 2008 vs. Atlanta (10-1 win).
  • Jason Pominville’s three-point game (2+1) today has extended his point streak to seven games, which is tied for the eighth-longest active streak in the NHL. During his streak, Pominville has 13 points (7+6).
    • The streak is Pominville’s longest streak since he posted points in seven straight from March 9 to 20, 2014.
    • Since the streak began on Oct. 20, Pominville is tied with linemate Jeff Skinner (8+5) for the NHL lead in points. Eichel (1+11) ranks third in the league during that span.
  • In his 10 games since Oct. 13, Skinner is tied for second in the NHL in goals (9) and points (16). This marks the best 10-game stretch of his career.
  • Skinner’s nine goals so far this season tie him with Miroslav Satan in 1997-98 for the fourth-most goals in a Sabres player’s first 14 games with the team.
    • The three players who have scored more goals through their first 14 career games with the franchise: Rick Vaive in 1988-89 (12), Richard Martin in 1971-72 (10) and Wilf Paiement in 1986-87 (10)
  • Conor Sheary (0+2) recorded his 100th career point with his second assist of the game.
  • With his two assists today, Sam Reinhart has five points (1+4) in his last four games against the Senators.
  • Linus Ullmark made 27 saves to improve to 3-0-1 on the season with a .934 save percentage and a 2.00 goals-against average.
Today’s Goaltenders

Today’s Stats
Team Goaltender Decision SV% GAA
Senators Anderson
McKenna
L
ND
Sabres Ullmark W .931 2.00

Updated Season Stats
Team Goaltender Record SV% GAA
Senators Anderson
McKenna
5-4-2
0-0-0
Sabres Ullmark 3-0-1 .934 2.00

Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jason Pominville
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Senators head coach Guy Boucher
Senators forward Mark Stone
Senators forward Magnus Paajarvi
Senators defenseman Cody Ceci

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Once concern I have about today's game: there's a better than even chance our hockey team put up a better score than our football team will. 

I'm staking my disreputable reputation on Peterman playing well and the Bills winning against the Bears. I'm also predicting that if that scenario plays out that Gunner is going to be furious and respond with a tirade and a ten page screed why Peterman should not be playing in the league. He will then put me on ignore and never respond to me again until Peterman plays poorly in another game whereupon he will be re-energized and revive his campaign against the fifth round backup to the backup qb. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm staking my disreputable reputation on Peterman playing well and the Bills winning against the Bears. I'm also predicting that if that scenario plays out that Gunner is going to be furious and respond with a tirade and a ten page screed why Peterman should not be playing in the league. He will then put me on ignore and never respond to me again until Peterman plays poorly in another game whereupon he will be re-energized and revive his campaign against the fifth round backup to the backup qb. :ph34r:

It's funny you responded to my post because I deleted it as soon as I saw someone else had already made the joke over on TSW. 

Regarding Peterman, I certainly don't have any sense of impending doom, necessarily, but I don't hold out hope that he will play well, either. I'd like nothing more than to see the kid exorcise some demons though. I'll be rooting for him, regardless. 

And Scandella still blows chunks. He's a third pair D man at best. But Risto is no better than a second pair, either. Our D corp has a long way to go, imo. Other than Dahlin, I don't see a legit first pair NHL player at the position at present.