Josh Rosen already impressing in Arizona.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Whatever you do ... DON'T BOO HIM, or Chan Gailey will have some strong words for you.

They're not booing...they're saying "grow a pair, Trent."

Only concussions can stop Rosen being a good Quarterback in this league in my opinion. I think he will start in Arizona and I think he will be rookie of the year. 

That said, as others have pointed out, you don't take Allen for him to be better week 1 or even year 1. You take him hoping in 4 years time he reaches that potentially sky high ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Only concussions can stop Rosen being a good Quarterback in this league in my opinion. I think he will start in Arizona and I think he will be rookie of the year. 

That said, as others have pointed out, you don't take Allen for him to be better week 1 or even year 1. You take him hoping in 4 years time he reaches that potentially sky high ceiling. 

I am nervous, GB.

35 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I was listening to Colin Cowherd and he said according to league sources Rosen is already blowing everyone away.

According to the source Rosen "looked incredible" and is already a virtual lock to be starting week 1.

Did we mess this up? 

Why make this thread just a few days into OTAs? Patience...we will see how both turn out in a few years.  Even if the first year is garbage for Allen, he can certainly turn it around.  Goff and Wentz are the most recent examples of QBs making big strides from year 1 to year 2.

Edited by Buffalo30

Here you go OP:

http://buffalobills.com/s/30841/embeddedNewsPath?newsGuid=612c9891-cfbe-4fb7-a6d4-3055992a2bd7

Josh Allen threw a 20-yard rope to fellow rookie Robert Foster. The play pulled a "nice shot" comment from offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

Allen's best pass of the day came when he squeezed a pass into Ray-Ray McCloud between a corner and a closing safety for a 30-yard touchdown.

Travaris Cadet had a 20-yard touchdown catch in the front corner of the end zone on a pass from Allen towards the end of practice.

And rookie Robert Foster got good separation on an inside route as Allen hit him in stride allowing him to get yards after the catch

You have to wonder... did the Browns and Jets mess this up?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Day 1 rosen should look better than allen. We hope come year 2-3 he’s plateaued as a relatively average qb while allen is top tier. 

For the most part, I agree with you, except that I really don't care where Rosen is in 2-3 years.  He can be top tier too, as long as Allen is for the Bills.   That's all that really matters.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I was listening to Colin Cowherd and he said according to league sources Rosen is already blowing everyone away.

According to the source Rosen "looked incredible" and is already a virtual lock to be starting week 1.

Did we mess this up? 

Leave it to you to start this topicLeave it to you to start this topic

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

For the most part, I agree with you, except that I really don't care where Rosen is in 2-3 years.  He can be top tier too, as long as Allen is for the Bills.   That's all that really matters.

At that point, yea. Though if both are elite then trading less could be nice.... but that’s really nothing as long as you got a franchise qb

No surprise at all. Rosen had been considered the most pro ready college QB since last August when the scouting books were opened up and the work began in earnest. Nothing has changed that since. But he is closer to his ceiling than anyone else, too, so it will be interesting to see how quickly he levels off relative to the improvement of the other top prospects. 

• Like (+1) 2