Which Bills Moments Legitimately Made You Cry?

Again, I’m stealing a really interesting topic from Howard and Jeremy and twisting it around to share here.

Question is - what moments in Bills history made you cry?  This is a serious question too - so no embellishing.  I mean - I was thrilled when they broke the playoff streak but I didn’t cry over it (like Russ Brandon was rumored to be doing).  It’s an interesting idea and I’d love to hear your responses.  

All of my moments were as a youngster.  I haven’t cried over football but certainly have felt a myriad of different emotions:

Super Bowl 25 - I remember losing it when Norwood shanked that kick.  I was literally in tears and finished with Scotty as a kicker.  Looking back, Scotty was on the decline in 1990 and should not have been in that position.  I fault the Bills for holding onto a player that they should have upgraded from for a season too long.  Also there’s a lot of blame to pass around for that game.

New England 16, Buffalo 13

I never saw this knew coming.  New England was a terrible team that year and they pulled off a giant upset.  The Bills actually struggled against the Patriots earlier in the season, but I never could have called this one.  I remember having to run around the block after the result of this game.  

Jets 24, Bills 17 - 1992

This was “The Dennis Byrd Game.”  I was in shock that the Bills lost to such a bad team.

Super Bowl 26

The score made this one seem a lot closer than it was.  To me this just seemed like a slaughter.  Nothing that the Bills did seemed to work on offense and the defense was getting shredded.  Just a clear nightmare.  

Houston 27, Buffalo 3 - 1992

This was supposed to be an AFC Showdown.  But instead it was the game that went off the rails for the Bills.  Houston knocked Jim Kelly out of the game and absolutely owned the Bills.  I remember being sad not just because they lost because it seemed their time at the top was nearing an end.  I remember thinking, “well, it’s over.  It was fun while it lasted.”  This game was a Sunday evening game if I can recall and it wasn’t pretty.  

Therr were plenty other moments as an adult where I was livid, angry, or pissed off but never reduced to tears.  How about your moments....

Edited by BuffaloRush

Made me cry - January, 1981 loss to the San Diego Chargers which finished the short playoff run.  I was a young kid at the time.

Pissed off - Wide right.  We should have won that SB.

Disappointed - too many to list.

Now, I'm optimistic we're headed in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 2

Listening to GR after the Pegula's bought the team ensuring the Bills would remain in Buffalo.  Some very emotional moments when hearing about the love of the Bills along with family and family tradition stories.  Most were saying it didn't matter how well they do, they would be happy as long as they were here to stay...

Such liars!

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 9

I'm a young guy. I remember the music city "miracle" and that made me cry. A few years later a Monday night game against the cowboys. I was so proud to finally have a prime time game and we were playing really well.. We blew it in spectacular fashion at the end and I went to bed with tears in my eyes. 

Seeing Kyle cry with his kids in the lockeroom was the most recent time ..

• Like (+1) 1

The day Ralph passed was a tough one. I never actually expected that it would make me respond quite the way that it did. Having feelings of mourning a perfect stranger is a very surreal experience. Perhaps it wasn't so much his death but the uncertainty that may have followed.

Sport seldom makes me cry, good or bad. It's mainly anger with the teams that I support :D

• Like (+1) 2

The only time I cried was the last Super Bowl against the Cowboys. I was pretty young, 3rd grade maybe? That's the only time I cried. 

I felt gutted when Sam Cowart got hurt when he was having a monster year. It's was a 3 person race to the best LB in the league: Cowart, Spikes, Lewis. And Cowart was every bit as good as them before the cheap shot by the TB lineman.