Which Bills Moments Legitimately Made You Cry?

The blowout game vs the Cowgirls back in 1993. I went to bed crying. My brother forced me out of bed and told me i needed to watch the entire game, like a man (i was probably 10 or 11). I did get to see Don Beebe’s memorable play as a result of coming back. 

Games, never.  Presser I tend to get choked up over the big deal things.  The four falls of Buffalo was a good one doc that got me.  Though i was drunk at the time so a Subaru "they lived" commercial could get me going.

Edited by The Wiz

On 5/24/2018 at 2:31 PM, BuffaloRush said:

Again, I’m stealing a really interesting topic from Howard and Jeremy and twisting it around to share here.

Question is - what moments in Bills history made you cry?  This is a serious question too - so no embellishing.  I mean - I was thrilled when they broke the playoff streak but I didn’t cry over it (like Russ Brandon was rumored to be doing).  It’s an interesting idea and I’d love to hear your responses.  

All of my moments were as a youngster.  I haven’t cried over football but certainly have felt a myriad of different emotions:

Super Bowl 25 - I remember losing it when Norwood shanked that kick.  I was literally in tears and finished with Scotty as a kicker.  Looking back, Scotty was on the decline in 1990 and should not have been in that position.  I fault the Bills for holding onto a player that they should have upgraded from for a season too long.  Also there’s a lot of blame to pass around for that game.

New England 16, Buffalo 13

I never saw this knew coming.  New England was a terrible team that year and they pulled off a giant upset.  The Bills actually struggled against the Patriots earlier in the season, but I never could have called this one.  I remember having to run around the block after the result of this game.  

Jets 24, Bills 17 - 1992

This was “The Dennis Byrd Game.”  I was in shock that the Bills lost to such a bad team.

Super Bowl 26

The score made this one seem a lot closer than it was.  To me this just seemed like a slaughter.  Nothing that the Bills did seemed to work on offense and the defense was getting shredded.  Just a clear nightmare.  

Houston 27, Buffalo 3 - 1992

This was supposed to be an AFC Showdown.  But instead it was the game that went off the rails for the Bills.  Houston knocked Jim Kelly out of the game and absolutely owned the Bills.  I remember being sad not just because they lost because it seemed their time at the top was nearing an end.  I remember thinking, “well, it’s over.  It was fun while it lasted.”  This game was a Sunday evening game if I can recall and it wasn’t pretty.  

Therr were plenty other moments as an adult where I was livid, angry, or pissed off but never reduced to tears.  How about your moments....

The fact the Bills had to rely on Norwood to begin with was an " Issue". They got our coaches in that game.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:37 PM, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

When Kevin Everett walked back onto to the field for the first time after his injury.

This.

35 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The day I sat at the Left Bank with Darryl Talley and he looked at me with tears in his eyes and said that I (all of us on TSW) saved his life.

That woulda made me cry too

How is he doing?  I heard somewhere, progressing CTE ?

• Like (+1) 1

Game #16 last year for sure. The Kyle touchdown and his teammates around him. And of course, the 4th & 12. Then seeing the Bills locker room videos, even the fan reaction videos, I was emotional for sure for all these moments.

Music City Miracle had me pissed, not crying. I was in a sports bar and many were jeering while I was foaming that it was a forward pass. I was shocked that the refs didn't call that as I sure that would be the call so didn't react much because I expected that call, and then I was foaming at the mouth.

Edit: but yeah me too some pressers and "real life" stuff got me. Hell I even had tears hearing the Jason Witten retirement conference. He had such class. I'm not Cowboys fan (hell no!) but sure can respect players on other teams too.

Edited by Jerome007

On 5/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, BuffaloRush said:

Again, I’m stealing a really interesting topic from Howard and Jeremy and twisting it around to share here.

Question is - what moments in Bills history made you cry?  This is a serious question too - so no embellishing.  I mean - I was thrilled when they broke the playoff streak but I didn’t cry over it (like Russ Brandon was rumored to be doing).  It’s an interesting idea and I’d love to hear your responses.  

All of my moments were as a youngster.  I haven’t cried over football but certainly have felt a myriad of different emotions:

Super Bowl 25 - I remember losing it when Norwood shanked that kick.  I was literally in tears and finished with Scotty as a kicker.  Looking back, Scotty was on the decline in 1990 and should not have been in that position.  I fault the Bills for holding onto a player that they should have upgraded from for a season too long.  Also there’s a lot of blame to pass around for that game.

New England 16, Buffalo 13

I never saw this knew coming.  New England was a terrible team that year and they pulled off a giant upset.  The Bills actually struggled against the Patriots earlier in the season, but I never could have called this one.  I remember having to run around the block after the result of this game.  

Jets 24, Bills 17 - 1992

This was “The Dennis Byrd Game.”  I was in shock that the Bills lost to such a bad team.

Super Bowl 26

The score made this one seem a lot closer than it was.  To me this just seemed like a slaughter.  Nothing that the Bills did seemed to work on offense and the defense was getting shredded.  Just a clear nightmare.  

Houston 27, Buffalo 3 - 1992

This was supposed to be an AFC Showdown.  But instead it was the game that went off the rails for the Bills.  Houston knocked Jim Kelly out of the game and absolutely owned the Bills.  I remember being sad not just because they lost because it seemed their time at the top was nearing an end.  I remember thinking, “well, it’s over.  It was fun while it lasted.”  This game was a Sunday evening game if I can recall and it wasn’t pretty.  

Therr were plenty other moments as an adult where I was livid, angry, or pissed off but never reduced to tears.  How about your moments....

What about that time you got beat up?

• 2 weeks later...

Jimbo's HoF acceptance speech
Pancho announcing our 3rd round pick this year 

Wide Right

I was lucky enough to be in attendance at all 3 of 'em.

Andy Dalton's TD pass to finalize the end of the drought, and the ensuing outpouring from #BillsFamily

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

On 5/24/2018 at 1:40 PM, no name said:

this last year. I welled up some watching the video(s) leading up to the moment the drought was broken.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-turning-point%2F0ap3000000902518%2FThe-moment-the-drought-ended-in-Buffalo-NFL-Turning-Point

Yeah this was me. Didn't cry when it happened, but watching all the videos, especially of the one of Kyle with his boys, crying... that one got me.