Hard Knocks 2018: The Cleveland Browns

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I don't think it affects teams. Bad teams just sign up for it. Like these guys aren't exposed to cameras all the time anyway?

I disagree. I think almost any time someone has a camera on them, it changes things at least a little bit....and maybe more than a little. They’ve never had media attention quite like this. I know the almighty dollar is involved, but I would never want this for my team. But hey, some people watch so I doubt it goes away any time soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

When Gregggggo said "seven jobs" did he specify they were football related?

Garbage collector, ticket taker, school crossing guard are jobs too.

Edited by eball

Found it interesting that Hue is using the “helmet stripe” gambit in camp. "Earn your right to be a Brown!”

*drops 17 passes*

*throws a dozen red zone picks*

*runs 6 yard curl on 3rd & 7*

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

The scene where Hugh is trying to assert his dominance and "this is my team" was so awkward. You can tell Haley can't stand the guy.  

You could tell he was thinking “I won more games as a HC in 2010 than you have in 3 years. But yeah, preach to me about sitting in that chair” 

9 hours ago, JP's Voice said:

I agree with this on Landry. Really hated him ever since that hit on A.Williams and because he catches balls that he can get two hands on with one hand to be flashy. But after watching him last night, I think he's awesome and would love a guy like that on my team. Wishing him the best of luck in Cle this year. Also felt that way about Baker. Really excited to see him play.

Naaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

!@#$ Jarvis Landry. With Mayfield’s RV.

I am learning to despise Greg Williams. Can't stand the guy: "I turned down 7 other jobs to be here!" Yeah right. Nobody ACTUALLY chooses the Brown's unless they have no other choice.

Finally got to see the first episode.  A few random thoughts/observations:

1) This show is so well done; I'm sure each episode will make much better TV viewing than some of the actual Browns football games this season.

2) Loved Jarvis Landry misspeaking when he said (of Tyrod Taylor) "He's the first one in and the last one out.  That's not an understatement, that's the truth."  He meant overstatement obviously.

3) Loved the part where Nassib is explaining the concept of financial interest to some players and one guy was looking on, seemingly intrigued; he genuinely appeared to be introduced to the concept for the first time in his life.

4) Gregg Williams is just a straight up douche bag.  He wreaks of it.

5) One of the players at a team meeting asked Baker Mayfield what school he went to and wasn't joking.

6) Loved the bit where Willie McGinest is doing some lame TV interview segment with Myles Garrett.   I'm sure whatever was said was trite and boring.  But then it got interesting when the camera was switched off, with McGinest giving the kid some encouragement and giving him pass rush pointers.  That stuff (which no one ever would have seen on TV) is much more interesting than the canned crap we actually get on football shows. 

7) It looks like we'll see some behind the scenes stuff about the Coleman trade with Buffalo in the next episode.

8) Really enjoyed the show and can't wait for more! 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You could tell he was thinking “I won more games as a HC in 2010 than you have in 3 years. But yeah, preach to me about sitting in that chair” 

IMHO, it's been my experience that when a leader / boss / manager needs to tell a room of his subordinates that he's in charge, he's lost the room. 

Great leaders don't need to remind or tell anyone that they're the leader or head of the ship (so to speak)....great leaders pull people to them as followers like gravity. Hue was merely speaking to his insecurities and probably his anxiety about the potential of losing his job (which is almost a near certainty). Additionally, the loss of his brother and mother so close together leading up to the time of filming the episode, probably added to his shaken state of identity. 

Either way, his hubris and his inability to connect with his coaches will ultimately cost him the ability to lead the players which of course will cause more losses, no matter the talent, and then his job. 

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 2