Hard Knocks 2018: The Cleveland Browns

This Browns train wreck will be entertaining. Hue already locking ego horns with Haley and Williams. Landry, with the cameras running, trying his best to join the wr "diva club".  Nice F bomb rant that wouldn't fire up a 5 yr old. No guarantee Mayfield beats out Tryhard Taylor....

Must see tv

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This Browns train wreck will be entertaining. Hue already locking ego horns with Haley and Williams. Landry, with the cameras running, trying his best to join the wr "diva club".  Nice F bomb rant that wouldn't fire up a 5 yr old. No guarantee Mayfield beats out Tryhard Taylor....

Must see tv

I get the hate towards Landry cause of what he did to AW. But This board seems to think he isn't a good WR because of that play. He is easily better than anyone on the Bills roster. I wouldn't be surprised if he was talking to Coleman in that rant for lack of commitment. He gets shipped away after the rant.

Edited by Starr Almighty

3 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

Before watching the first episode, I thought the Browns may win a few games this year because of the young and new talent, etc. 

After watching the first episode, no way. They will lose at least 14 games this season. Hue Jackson, Josh McDaniels, and Gregg Williams are the worst coaching trio in the league. They make Kay Stephenson's staff look like Lombardi, Landry, and Shula. 

Yeah, nobody watched last episode and came away with the thought....gee, the Browns may be a sneaky playoff contender.

I think they go 4-12 to 6-10 assuming Tyrod starts.  Not drafting Chubb with the 4th pick was the second dumbest move in the draft besides the Giants passing on a quarterback.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry, but this board way over exaggerates that play and this place is full of hypocrites.  So many complain about the NFL softening the game, then you guys paint a player as being something he is not over one play that had an unfortunate result where he was just trying to lay a big block in the heat of battle in the red zone.  You can see the dispair on Landry's face at the result of the play and accidentally hurting AW.  He went out and tried to throw a big block, and AW unfortunately sustained another injury out of it.  

This play is NOTHING like what Gronk did, it was clearly an attempt at a big block in the heat of battle, not a premeditated dirty play.  Landry does not have a reputation for being a dirty player, in fact, if this play happened against any other team no one here would even mention it.  If AW didn't get hurt, no one here would even mention it.  This is false lore around this place.  So the only "PR Spin" anyone is falling for is the false narrative this board has made up about this play and this player.  There are countless plays substantially more dirty than this play in the NFL every year, hell Hughes is good for a couple himself.  

I agree with this on Landry. Really hated him ever since that hit on A.Williams and because he catches balls that he can get two hands on with one hand to be flashy. But after watching him last night, I think he's awesome and would love a guy like that on my team. Wishing him the best of luck in Cle this year. Also felt that way about Baker. Really excited to see him play.

3 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

Before watching the first episode, I thought the Browns may win a few games this year because of the young and new talent, etc. 

After watching the first episode, no way. They will lose at least 14 games this season. Hue Jackson, Josh McDaniels, and Gregg Williams are the worst coaching trio in the league. They make Kay Stephenson's staff look like Lombardi, Landry, and Shula. 

When did he join the Browns???

17 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I get the hate towards Landry cause of what he did to AW. But This board seems to think he isn't a good WR because of that play. He is easily better than anyone on the Bills roster. I wouldn't be surprised if he was talking to Coleman in that rant for lack of commitment. He gets shipped away after the rant.

I don’t see anyone who said that. Also I’m not sure being easily better than anyone on the Bills is a high bar of excellence. Nor does this have anything to do with Bills WRs. The issues with Coleman are why he was dealt for a case of beer. No surprises there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see anyone who said that. Also I’m not sure being easily better than anyone on the Bills is a high bar of excellence. Nor does this have anything to do with Bills WRs. The issues with Coleman are why he was dealt for a case of beer. No surprises there. 

When he was a free agent I said the Bills should go after him. I was told over and over again that he wasn't very good. He lead the league in receptions how's that for a bar ?

Edited by Starr Almighty

3 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

When he was a free agent I said the Bills should go after him. I was told over and over again that he wasn't very good. He lead the league in receptions how's that for a bar ?

When was he a FA? He was tagged and traded and never went to FA

Edited by YoloinOhio

Lots of talk about Landry, lots of Landry talking. He is too into himself for my taste but you can’t question the guys heart and determination. He is a guy you can win with. 

His attitude against the Patriots is part of the reason for the Fish giving the Pats a fight. Landry won’t back down, and he doesn’t go in and expect an L.

I find the confidence of Browns fans on their forum interesting. Seems to be a sentiment that "getting rid of coleman is going to make them better at WR". They also seem to have an opinion that Cleveland is no longer where careers go die and it's now Buffalo...strange folk.

43 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Judging by the slumped over look of the players in that WR room, I'm guessing he was talking to ALL of them, not just one guy.

But yeah, the Browns think they'll be better without Coleman:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2789872-browns-new-receiving-corps-ready-for-showtime-after-trading-corey-coleman

(though I'm not sure Landry really feels that way ""Having Corey in the room, it helps us out, but at the same time, now that he's not here, we have to move past it," Landry said, per Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot. "We have to move on. We can't dwell on losing a guy, so I don't see it having any effect on the team.")

On 5/17/2018 at 8:36 AM, Augie said:

Those poor Browns, just can’t catch a break...

They don’t need that distraction. 

I don't think it affects teams. Bad teams just sign up for it. Like these guys aren't exposed to cameras all the time anyway?