Would like to see Bills on Hard Knocks

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I have never watched the show but have a question about it.

Has a team on it ever gone to the SB?

What is the best a team has done that has been on it?

All I know is that when fat Rex told them to get a GD  snack, they stunk.

I hope we are never on it. The men need to concentrate on football. When cameras are around, it changes behavior. See Marcia Clark's hair dos for reference.

Red dog, I know this only goes up to 2014, but it does answer your questions.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Don't think the Bills are eligible this year. Thankfully, HK is a show I just don't

see McD would even consider. the intrusion and BS that goes with a full film crew

hanging around for weeks.  At this stage IMO the Bills are trying to build a long term contender.

It would be a distraction, and negatively impact what the regime is building. 

39 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'd have to think the Browns are likely the leaders in the clubhouse.  Can't say no. built in drama with Baker and Tyrod, coach firmly on the hot seat.

Yeah! Stick the Browns with it! It’s not like they could get any worse

I’ve never really watched Hard Knocks, and the last thing I’d want is to get the Bills mixed up in an unnecessary circus distraction. 

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I don't understand why there has seemingly been a fear over at One Bills Drive, regardless of front office regimes, and even ownership, to do this.

Just to add to the above, I hate the Miami Dolphins.  When they were on...jeepers, I almost liked them, regardless of the way the show makes a team look (which is usually pretty good).

Why is that something any organization wouldn't want?

I know we are not eligible, but still.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

To be completely honest, I've never watched the show.  If someone the me there bills and browns were up for consideration this year and I had to pick a team to watch, I think it would be the browns.

They have a much higher "what if, what's going to happen" factor in regard to QB/coaching future/record last year.

I don't know what's going to happen with the bills at QB which I'm sure would be a big draw to watch but other than that, I feel like it would just be a lot of the process and couch speak.

Again, never watched the show so I don't know how involved they actually get with the team/players.

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I don't understand why there has seemingly been a fear over at One Bills Drive, regardless of front office regimes, and even ownership, to do this.

It may not be a “fear” but rather a preference. Some GMs refuse to cut players in front of the camera, HBO insists on it as part of the series. It’s a big sticking point.

• Like (+1) 1

Long time reader.... first time posting..... I do not want to see the Bills on any media. I watched the 4 falls of Buffalo and what I took from that was Belichick saying he seen an interview with one of the bills coaches or players... I can’t remeber that part.... but the team was practicing in the back.... and while watching that Belichick noticed them running a play that he hadn’t seen on any game film.... so he prepped for that play and they were able to be ready and stop it when the Bills tried to run it.... so I am sure that not only would we be watching the Bills but so would 31 other head coaches and everyone else. So yes I would love to watch that... but I don’t want other people watching it. 

5 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

The people saying they dont want to see the Bills on it are totally nuts.  If the Bills were on hard knocks, you'd watch every episode and absolutely LOVE it.

My options are support it or boycott the show?

of course I’d watch it but that doesn’t mean I think it’s best for the team.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It may not be a “fear” but rather a preference. Some GMs refuse to cut players in front of the camera, HBO insists on it as part of the series. It’s a big sticking point.

It also adds spotlight to your promising guys that may otherwise be practice squad material

amd ultimately the number one question: could it help or hurt at qb... and I can’t see any upside even if risk is minimal. Why add any risk though?

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Because asshats would post stuff in social media twisting everything.  Bad enough they need to deal with opposition media from their own market.

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Red dog, I know this only goes up to 2014, but it does answer your questions.

it does indeed. Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know we are not eligible, but still.

Since making the playoffs makes us ineligible, I hope we are never eligible ever again. Especially next year.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

While not an obvious choice, I think the 49ers would be interesting, although I agree probably not as interesting as the Browns. 

Still, you have a younger QB with his first full offseason leading his team. (Unfortunately, his looks probably would entice a certain portion of the potential audience to tune in.) 

Seeing Shanahan as a young, innovative coach would be interesting.

McKinnon taking over as lead back.

Richard Sherman and Rueben Foster have to be draws, too. 

Fair points - completely forgot about Sherman. The Foster situation doesn't seem like something the NFL would want to publicize though. I can see Roger 86ing the Niners for that reason.

22 hours ago, JohnC said:

For those who are interested in this type of garbage just go watch some other fraudulent reality show such as House wives for wherever. Hell no!

Guess you're not much of a football fan. Of course some of it is staged but the insights on players, covering position battles, interactions between coaches and players, coaches and front office is riveting television. nothing like any housewives show.

1 hour ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

Guess you're not much of a football fan. Of course some of it is staged but the insights on players, covering position battles, interactions between coaches and players, coaches and front office is riveting television. nothing like any housewives show.

I'm very much a football fan. If you like it then watch it. I'm not into watching some staged foolishness. If you think that watching McDermott give his cliché riddled responses makes for a compelling watch then go ahead and tune in. It doesn't matter what team is being profiled I don't watch such garbage. 

If you want to watch a reality show let me recommend Naked and Afraid. You can watch the mosquitoes nibbling on some bare asses in the wild.

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid/

On 5/7/2018 at 12:01 PM, jr1 said:

this show is the Kardashians for men

Watching scripted decadence deal with trivial issues compared to watching young men fight and bleed and sweat and scrape for employment that they love. 

Great comparison.

The only thing they have in common is there on television.

It's funny to see the blanket reality TV argument used, and with such venom in many cases here.

I don't have cable.  I don't watch much TV.  I don't have time.  My children don't have TVs in there rooms like many parents allow now a days.  That being said, I do share the disgust in shows like the Kardashians, or Real Housewives. Like I said, I have daughters.

Making that comparison seems very petty.  If Rex as on the staff I would understand.... Kinda(Rex brought enough distraction himself) but McBean are not Rex.

No. 

Not saying you're wrong re interesting story lines.

No, because this is not Buffalo Bills football. The Big Tree is Buffalo Bills football, where, if I want to know what a player thinks, I can look down the bar and just ask him.

EDIT: We have a way of doing things here, a culture, parts of which existed even before McDermott got here. McDermott has done a fine job incorporating that(See: how he has adjusted his style to conform with the informal "council" of team leaders), but also contributing parts of his "process"(oh look out! Yeah, I said it. Get past it.). Frankly I don't see how Hard Knocks fits with any of this, and I would be shocked if McDermott wen along with it willingly.

Now, my understanding of the contract says that sooner or later, every team is compelled to participate: the Bills will have to do it. Perhaps the show will die out before it gets to us, perhaps it won't.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

4 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

No. 

Not saying you're wrong re interesting story lines.

No, because this is not Buffalo Bills football. The Big Tree is Buffalo Bills football, where, if I want to know what a player thinks, I can look down the bar and just ask him.

One of the best things about being a bills fan is the history.

They have so much history because of the age of the team.

The few times Buffalo came to Jax to play the stadium is was half filled with Bills fans.

The point im making is so many of us can't go to the Big Tree.  Your point seems self serving.  The Bills fan base is coast to coast.  We billeave our team should be seen on a national level.   (I was at the game TO had the 99 yard touchdown at the Jags.  The stadium erupted like a home game).

Just now, JaxBills said:

One of the best things about being a bills fan is the history.

They have so much history because of the age of the team.

The few times Buffalo came to Jax to play the stadium is was half filled with Bills fans.

The point im making is so many of us can't go to the Big Tree.  Your point seems self serving.  The Bills fan base is coast to coast.  We billeave our team should be seen on a national level.   (I was at the game TO had the 99 yard touchdown at the Jags.  The stadium erupted like a home game).

Read my edit. It's not self-serving. It's more that the players themselves know that A) they can and will be questioned at any time, even in the grocery store and B) they have our undying support, provided they provide undying effort C) there is no pedestal/we don't put glass around our players here(see the Sabres walking to the bench vs the Dallas Cowboys) and D) they are part of something unique to Buffalo.

We care about them as players and people: not about what some guy says about them, or how often or for how long s/he says it. Sorry, but it seems that putting that culture at risk, so that you can hear more about the team, from Jax, might also be considered self-serving.

And, know this: I make the trip to Miami every year. I'm part of the sea of blue that you see. I go to the Jets/Pats aways when I can. Some years I've gone to more away games than home games. It all depends on work.

31 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Read my edit. It's not self-serving. It's more that the players themselves know that A) they can and will be questioned at any time, even in the grocery store and B) they have our undying support, provided they provide undying effort C) there is no pedestal/we don't put glass around our players here(see the Sabres walking to the bench vs the Dallas Cowboys) and D) they are part of something unique to Buffalo.

We care about them as players and people: not about what some guy says about them, or how often or for how long s/he says it. Sorry, but it seems that putting that culture at risk, so that you can hear more about the team, from Jax, might also be considered self-serving.

And, know this: I make the trip to Miami every year. I'm part of the sea of blue that you see. I go to the Jets/Pats aways when I can. Some years I've gone to more away games than home games. It all depends on work.

To bad it's not the 80's and 90's anymore.  And I love how well the fans travel.  But I can't.  And it's 2018.  And this BUSINESS depends on TV viewership.

I trust that McBean are not the types to allow a circus.  And they have made a point to remove distracted players and replace them with their guys.

I suspect you're at least a decade older than my 36 years (I don't mean that in a bad way, but I see where your opinion comes from.)

I think the "distraction" is over blown.

Zoe told the world that Allen had some expaining to do.  I don't think that fits into your naritive.  I also don't believe any person should ever be put on a pedestal.  I'm a soilder.  

Edited by JaxBills