What are your most valued traits in a QB???

Rebel101

On 4/29/2018 at 1:54 AM, Rebel101 said:

Arm strength, pocket awareness, timing, decision making, ability to run, accuracy, leadership, release speed? What is it you think is the most important qualities of a franchise QB?

I think these things are all very important but the most important to me is something that cant be measured instincts . Instincts being able to know when & where & how in a split second . 

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

On 4/28/2018 at 6:54 PM, Rebel101 said:

Arm strength, pocket awareness, timing, decision making, ability to run, accuracy, leadership, release speed? What is it you think is the most important qualities of a franchise QB?

Decision making, accuracy, makes plays when the play breaks down, 3rd down conversion rate.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:15 AM, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Hand size 

fast eyes

I want them to work harder than the guys next to him, film study - extra reps - weight room etc.

I want him to have that moxie and swagger that is just infectious... you're never out of a game with this guy.

I don't want there to be any inherent weaknesses to his game.  It makes you so much harder to gameplan for when you can do a little bit of everything.

A QB can have a ton of positive traits, but it's still a team game.  If the Oline isn't good, the vast majority of QB's will struggle.  If the WR corps is hurt/hobbled, it hurts the QB.  Same goes for the RB group.  If the OC's scheme doesn't incorporate accentuating the QB's strengths, the QB struggles.  This has been the Bills the last few years.

By drafting Allen, McD and Beane are embarking on building THEIR team.  Is Allen a risk?  Of course he is as most first round QB's are every year.  I give credit to Beane for shoring up other areas of the team, namely the Oline and LB's.  It'll be interesting how they handle Allen this year.  Does he start?  Or will they bring him along slower?  The likely bet, of course, is  that he starts for two reasons 1) he was a first rounder and 2) who else do they have?

God help Allen though if he struggles (and he will to a certain extent).  This board will have a melt down of epic proportions calling for McD and Beane to be fired before Christmas.

Edited by Bills757

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, Rebel101 said:

All of these.  With regard to decision making, I'll specify:  when to run, when to slide, when to get out of bounds and when to throw the  ball away.

Accuracy which encompasses both Timing,  decision making.

to me that the MOST important. Other traits are very needed but if I am choosing one its Accuracy

17 hours ago, mead107 said:

Drew Brees has all sorts of yards.   

Idont care about the yards I want wins.   

5,000 yards mean nothing if you can’t throw the winning TD.  

Win baby. 19-0 Baby 

Which he also has? Are you trying to say he's not an all-time elite QB?

On 4/29/2018 at 1:46 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

1. Accuracy

2. Leadership

3. Smart able to read Defense

Size & strength are highly overrated 

...sure are....need to have a kid that makes the passing game a viable threat every week....how the hell do you game plan if it is a limp noodle?.....opposition having eight in the box with folding chairs is a feared passing game?......Daboll needs the flexibility of 60/40 or 40/60 depending on what the defense gives him...sure as hell would be nice if down by 7, 2:28 to go in the 4th, that I can depend on the guy executing the two minute drill to tie this bad boy up......sure the TBD pundits say the WR corp sucks, but they were regularly INACTIVE on Sundays.....growin' mold I think....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FappyTheClown said:

Harvard alumni and high Wonderlic score.

With awesome beard, plays with his wedding ring on, and has great neighborhood parties. 

Also, accurate, strong arm, doesn’t throw red zone interceptions when the game is close and time is running out.