Day 3 of draft rounds 4-7 let’s talk

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

McDermott knows LBs and secondary guys, got a really good eye for them. I like both the secondary picks for sub package purposes, with Neal they can go a bit bigger in nickel or dime.

If I’m not mistaken wasn’t J Norman a 4th round pick ?

So far this is a very good draft.....why?  I choose to trust the process and I know next to nothing about any of the college teams or players.  The fine folks at OBD do and they are paid well to do so.  I trust the process.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm only disappointed with NFL Network's coverage. "Griffin, Griffin, Griffin, .... oh by the way, a few teams made picks, ... Griffin, Griffin, Griffin"

...I'm happy for the kid, but do we really need two straight days of non-stop Shaquem Griffin coverage?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, tannins said:

Taking CB Taron Johnson over OT Tyrell Cosby in the 4th was disappointing then to come back for another DB next pick??? Not feeling the Day 3 picks. Hope I'm wrong. 

Love all out Day three picks

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I made fun of the Milano pick a year ago. I was wrong. 

Did you make a cookie joke?

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Teller and Johnson will be on the field as starting LG and Nickel CB.  To get 2 starters past pick 100 is good.  

This is a very weak WR and OT class .  OBD chose to take BPA at position of need that also tied to overall player rating.  Teller was rated as a Rd 2-3 pick.

Lots of UDFA and post draft cuts to help at unaddressed areas.

I have to believe Gaines starts at Nickel.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just take a QB with this last pick. Take a chance. You never know. It’s pretty much a throw away pick anyway. Just take a QB and let him be the 4th guy through camp and the starter of that last Preseason game. You never know. If Faulk is still there, that’s who I want.

There goes Luke Falk

15 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I can’t believe we didn’t get 3 day one starters on offense in day 3 of the draft. Losing faith in McBeane. 

UDFA out of college is where you lock down your future starters. They should have drafted a punter!

19 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I can’t believe we didn’t get 3 day one starters on offense in day 3 of the draft. Losing faith in McBeane. 

If we don’t get an all-pro right tackle with our next pick I’m done!  Lost all faith in this organization.  

I just hope these guys work out and this team resigns them when their rookie contracts are up so we don't constantly use picks on CBs. 

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

If we don’t get an all-pro right tackle with our next pick I’m done!  Lost all faith in this organization.  

Who do you have on your board? 

46 minutes ago, tannins said:

Taking CB Taron Johnson over OT Tyrell Cosby in the 4th was disappointing then to come back for another DB next pick??? Not feeling the Day 3 picks. Hope I'm wrong. 

If it’s any comfort, you are probably wrong. 

Edited by Max Fischer
  • Haha (+1) 1

I get all the rest but just not crazy about Ray Ray. (Though love the name). Just don't see the purpose in a 5'10" oft injured wideout. Did we need to draft a position less kick returner? That said, this crew of drafters seems thorough and on top of things. I knew going in they had too many holes to fill them all through the draft. I see wide receiver, tight end, running back in their draft future for next year.

Edited by BubbaT