Mason Rudolph to Pitts

10 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

...and Tom Brady was picked about two rounds later. Rudolph will be a great QB. 

Reminds me more of Trent Edwards. People thought he would go late first or early second. We got him for a great value in the 3rd. 

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

...and Tom Brady was picked about two rounds later. Rudolph will be a great QB. 

First, I was only commenting on the notion that Rudolph was somehow a 1st round talent. He clearly wasn't.

Second, I love how people always trot out Brady, Wilson, or Prescott, as if that's the norm. The vast, VAST majority of later round quarterbacks fail or, at best, amount to career backups. Always pointing out the .1% of exceptions doesn't make it any more likely that late round guys are going to succeed.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

First, I was only commenting on the notion that Rudolph was somehow a 1st round talent. He clearly wasn't.

Second, I love how people always trot out Brady, Wilson, or Prescott, as if that's the norm. The vast, VAST majority of later round quarterbacks fail or, at best, amount to career backups. Always pointing out the .1% of exceptions doesn't make it any more likely that late round guys are going to succeed.

Thank you for saying this. 

• Like (+1) 1