Mason Rudolph to Pitts

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're a witch.

The Bills could have traded down 10 times and gotten him.

If they wanted to groom a backup, they could have.  But they really need a starter.  Not saying Allen is that starter, but I think he has a better chance than Rudolph.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The one who had him highest was Chris Trapasso who maintained that he was the #1 QB in the draft which I thought was ridiculous. 

Yeah, that was pretty dumb. I know Bucky Brooks had him in the first round of his mock draft (one of them) and maybe a couple other NFL.com guys. And there were several that had him in the 20s.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, that was pretty dumb. I know Bucky Brooks had him in the first round of his mock draft (one of them) and maybe a couple other NFL.com guys. And there were several that had him in the 20s.

Brooks had him going 12 to the Bills because of fit for the culture.  Also nuts.  

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, ricojes said:

If they wanted to groom a backup, they could have.  But they really need a starter.  Not saying Allen is that starter, but I think he has a better chance than Rudolph.

I was kidding because some thought the Bills were targeting him at 12.

It's obvious to pretty much everyone that this guy was a 3-4th round pick. All I kept hearing on this board was how the Steelers or Patriots were gonna go get him and I kept saying ...sure...maybe in the third. And here we are. The Steelers essentially replaced Landry Jones with a younger version of himself. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Rudolph to Pitt

Landry Jones replacement ;)

They need a new bench warmer ;)

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It's obvious to pretty much everyone that this guy was a 3-4th round pick. All I kept hearing on this board was how the Steelers or Patriots were gonna go get him and I kept saying ...sure...maybe in the third. And here we are. The Steelers essentially replaced Landry Jones with a younger version of himself. 

I only read the first post then quoted it....then seen yours...great minds think alike ;)

• Like (+1) 1

Good for Mason, great situation. It was fun watching him in college the last couple of years. I started this season really hoping he'd take the next step and become a top talent, but it just didnt happen.

Still would rather have him over Jackson if we got locked out of the Big 4.

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Neither Rudolph nor Jackson were options at 12 for the Bills. 

This is very good. It means our staff uses common sense and rational thought and understands values and projection. Beane does not seem like the type of guy who will reach. 

I posted all over this board that I thought Rudolph would go in the first round....clearly you can count me among those that got that completely wrong.....so.....to offer some hope to the fans here who don't like Allen....you can all rest easier now knowing that I have been calling him a bust for months.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

It's funny that a decent amount of people thought the Bills could pick him at 12.

Well, it turns out he DID get taken with the 12th pick....of the 3rd round!

Wilson got picked in the 3rd, some people drop. This happened because 5 QB's taken in 1st round.

I know NE was interested too for Brady's backup. Looks like Pittsburg is good for another 12 years.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

First, I was only commenting on the notion that Rudolph was somehow a 1st round talent. He clearly wasn't.

Second, I love how people always trot out Brady, Wilson, or Prescott, as if that's the norm. The vast, VAST majority of later round quarterbacks fail or, at best, amount to career backups. Always pointing out the .1% of exceptions doesn't make it any more likely that late round guys are going to succeed.

It's a little bit more than 1% 11-12 teams (~35%) this year will have opening day starters that were not first round picks, and that's been pretty much the standard for the last 10 years. Among the better QBS you have Wilson, Cousins, Carr,  Garappolo, Brady, Brees. It's not exactly the prescribed route, but it's far from a wing and a prayer.