Bills Are Trading Up Folks

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Just listening to John Murphy and he is dropping hints about the Bills being actI've early tonight.  He was talking similar the Friday prior to the Tyrod trade.  I think he knows something and I can't wait for tonight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/04/23/its-a-quarterback-heavy-nfl-draft-but-the-three-best-players-arent-qbs/?utm_term=.19c8237a46c2

General Manager Brandon Beane said at the Bills’ pre-draft news conference that it could be a successful draft for the team even if it doesn’t use an early pick on a prospective franchise quarterback.

“There’s a lot of good players in this draft and that was the big thing from moving from [No.] 21 to 12,” Beane said of an earlier trade with the Cincinnati Bengals. “The natural assumption — I get it — is: ‘They’re moving up to get a quarterback, yada-yada.’ No, we improved our draft position. … We’re excited about where that moves us on our draft board, the players that we see would be available there.”

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Just listening to John Murphy and he is dropping hints about the Bills being actI've early tonight.  He was talking similar the Friday prior to the Tyrod trade.  I think he knows something and I can't wait for tonight.

Tonight? Is there something going on tonight? It's a Thursday...nothing happens on Thursdays.

Just now, PIZ said:

About time for a good luck link ddaryl.

sure if you promise to click it

I did post a non linked peter pan in the were dracfting Riley thread.. Virgil got all hot and bothered. Probably won't hear form him for awhile why he takes care of something

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I think Murph is just going off gut feeling. I doubt the Bills draft room talks to the media guys about their plan. I like the McBeane run a tight ship and not much gets leaked out. 

14 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He knows nothing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I think Murph is just going off gut feeling. I doubt the Bills draft room talks to the media guys about their plan. I like the McBeane run a tight ship and not much gets leaked out. 

His gut Looks very wise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I met John Murphy once at the airport.....really nice guy.

I hate him.  I was working at an oil change garage while putting myself through school (UB).  He came in one winter and while I was in the pit draining his oil and changing his filter, he was kicking the nasty salt laden chunks of brown ice on the bottom of his car into my face while I worked.  

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/04/23/its-a-quarterback-heavy-nfl-draft-but-the-three-best-players-arent-qbs/?utm_term=.19c8237a46c2

General Manager Brandon Beane said at the Bills’ pre-draft news conference that it could be a successful draft for the team even if it doesn’t use an early pick on a prospective franchise quarterback.

“There’s a lot of good players in this draft and that was the big thing from moving from [No.] 21 to 12,” Beane said of an earlier trade with the Cincinnati Bengals. “The natural assumption — I get it — is: ‘They’re moving up to get a quarterback, yada-yada.’ No, we improved our draft position. … We’re excited about where that moves us on our draft board, the players that we see would be available there.”

Ahhh the " company line". I get it, Beane can't appear desperate to move up. 

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

I hate him.  I was working at an oil change garage while putting myself through school (UB).  He came in one winter and while I was in the pit draining his oil and changing his filter, he was kicking the nasty salt laden chunks of brown ice on the bottom of his car into my face while I worked.  

I'm so sorry.   How did you manage to get through therapy on a Automotive Technician salary?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Can't blame him. I'd do the same to you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

At this point no real information is being put out.  WHAM is putting out Allen as the Bills goal but that probably means that Allen is in fact a misdirection with the Bills real interest yet to be determined.

8 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I met him once and he told me that this is how his family shows affection.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm so sorry.   How did you manage to get through therapy on a Automotive Technician salary?

As you can tell I never got over it...

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Can't blame him. I'd do the same to you.

You might have ended up with a pile of grease from the pneumatic grease gun on your shoe :)

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You should do it just to fit in.

That was over 20 years ago...

And doing something to fit in is about the most asinine excuse to do something stupid in the first place.

Edited by T-Bomb