Kiper and McShay Predict The Bills Will Pass on QB in 1st to “Fill Holes”

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah well Pat Kirwin, in his final mock draft, predicted that the Bills would draft a safety at #12 and it wasn't even Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I get about 10-25% as upset as I used to; but, if the Bills draft a defensive back or a running back at #12 my head will likely explode.

In the past,I have countered your dislike for first round DBs saying that it depends on the pick and not the position. But in this draft, if we draft a DB or RB before QB, my head may take your cue. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/4/25/17279816/final-mel-kiper-jr-todd-mcshay-2018-nfl-mock-draft-has-buffalo-bills-getting-quarterback-rudolph

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay released their mock draft yesterday.  This would be a pretty bad scenario for the Bills.  Drafting Tremaine Edwards at 12, McGlinchy at 22, and then Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round.   If this happens I will start a new thread about why the 2018 draft was a fail for the Bills.

The one thing is - Kiper and McShay do not have trades in their mock draft and are selecting players in their spots as of yesterday

The bold is basically a threat of terrorism.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/4/25/17279816/final-mel-kiper-jr-todd-mcshay-2018-nfl-mock-draft-has-buffalo-bills-getting-quarterback-rudolph

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay released their mock draft yesterday.  This would be a pretty bad scenario for the Bills.  Drafting Tremaine Edwards at 12, McGlinchy at 22, and then Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round.   If this happens I will start a new thread about why the 2018 draft was a fail for the Bills.

The one thing is - Kiper and McShay do not have trades in their mock draft and are selecting players in their spots as of yesterday

I would not be disappointed with Mason Rudolph in the least.  Watch his film.  You'll wonder why he's not being talked about more.  I'd be willing to bet good money that if the Bills pass on him, the Cheatriots pick him up, and he ends up being good.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah well Pat Kirwin, in his final mock draft, predicted that the Bills would draft a safety at #12 and it wasn't even Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I get about 10-25% as upset as I used to; but, if the Bills draft a defensive back or a running back at #12 my head will likely explode.

I agree with your sentiment but I'm confident that the Bills are going to come out of this draft with a high end prospect. The next basis for a discussion will include twenty threads how the Bills over-spent to get their future qb. 

I don't want to antagonize you but there will be a lot of good DBs going in the first and second rounds in this draft. I have given up trying to convince you on the importance and value of having good DBs in this passing league. On that issue you are mulishly stubborn beyond the ability of being retrieved. :)

I'm counting on the Bills moving up to draft either Josh Allen or Rosen. If I had a bet I think they are leaning toward Allen although I prefer Rosen. I'll be happy either way. 

13 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I would not be disappointed with Mason Rudolph in the least.  Watch his film.  You'll wonder why he's not being talked about more.  I'd be willing to bet good money that if the Bills pass on him, the Cheatriots pick him up, and he ends up being good.

You failed to see what the real issue is. It's not whether Rudolph will be good it is whether the qb you choose will be better.

56 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

You mean like most drafts from OBD, lol. I wonder if they think Whaley is still here. Sadly I can see OBD drafting a RB today with a move up.

I agree shooting blindly but history is why they are predicting such a thing IMO.

Yes, the widely known drafting history of Brandon Beane.  Makes perfect sense.  :doh:

Whew. If Kiper and McShay are predicting it, it almost certainly won't come to pass. 

1 hour ago, Pre1236 said:

Mocks without trades are worthless.  Of course, mocks with trades are pretty much worthless as well.  Amazing how an entire industry has been built on nothing but speculation and hype. 

It's a mockery I tell you!

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

"I will start a new thread calling the draft was a fail"....oooohhh I can't wait....calling it a fail before it anyone plays....

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

So you can grade a draft before any of the players play an NFL down.  That's talent.