Lamar Jackson says he had zero meetings with Bills

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills definitely met with him (even if he isn’t their guy). They weren’t going to meet with every QB prospect besides a guy with his gifts. The Bills were very thorough when it came to QBs. Maybe the Bills told him they weren’t interested so he’s trying to create a market? Maybe the Bills have a promise in place with him if he gets to 12 and asked him not to say anything? Both seem like a stretch to me but it is unfathomable that they would talk to every QB but him (and we’ve already been told that they met). 

The one who told us they met was him, and now he’s saying they didn’t 

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would rather trade 4 1st rd picks and get the QB I want than end up with Jackson at 12. We will lose the 12 pick in the draft and then be subjected to 3 years of hell, I would easily trade 4 1st rd picks before taking Jackson.

What if the QB we draft for 4 1st rounders is a bust? 

McDermott is on record saying that he believes strongly that this is a drop-back league. 

Also, if Lamar Jackson were the plan, then shipping Tyrod out of town would not have happened, IMO.

The pick will not be -- and never WAS going to be -- Lamar Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

I will go on record saying that I have had a feeling for awhile that the Bills and Jackson have been match made in heaven, and i honestly believe they have been trying to hide the fact that they are infatuated with him. Think about it alll the hype and hooplah they have made about all the QB's EXCEPT Lamar. 

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills definitely met with him (even if he isn’t their guy). They weren’t going to meet with every QB prospect besides a guy with his gifts. The Bills were very thorough when it came to QBs. Maybe the Bills told him they weren’t interested so he’s trying to create a market? Maybe the Bills have a promise in place with him if he gets to 12 and asked him not to say anything? Both seem like a stretch to me but it is unfathomable that they would talk to every QB but him (and we’ve already been told that they met). 

Maybe he forgot? 13 Wonderlic and all that jazz... :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

image.thumb.png.b7267651386dd796f6cd90ff84128dba.png

image.thumb.png.8dcc684e5afc771da5381883bd80f83b.png

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think there are different definitions of "met with" at play here.

I'm guessing they spoke at the Combine in some fashion, but didnt do any official visits.

12 minutes ago, section122 said:

What if Jackson is who they want?

Pocket Passer like Cam?  He of the sub 60% career completions?  I don't think anyone has any idea who they like or why.  

I’m confused by why you decided to bring up Cam. He is not in this draft. I listed the quarterbacks the Bills are interested in for the 2018 draft. Cam was in the 2011 draft. 

If your inferring that Cam is somehow like Jackson, I just don’t see it. 

1. Cam took his team to a National Title game while Jackson got 8-9 wins each year. 

2. Cam was a 66% passer his final year at Auburn. 

3. Cam is 6’5 and weighs 230-240 lbs. he can stand tall in the pocket and absorb hits. 

There is more but you get the point. They are nothing alike and just because Beane was scouting Cam 7 years ago does not mean anything for this draft. 

Read what anonymous executives, coaches and scouts say about Jackson. He is a project at qb if he is able to make it at all. The Bills are not drafting him. Maybe Jackson goes to a team that can let him sit for a few years and he because really good. It’s just not going to happen here. 

Edited by racketmaster

In my opinion, the Bills do not want a mobile QB. I believe they want more of a pocket passer. 

It feels like everything they've done and said points to this. 

-made Tyrod take a big pay cut and then got rid of him (after he helped them to the playoffs).

-they were linked to Brian Hoyer last year and Sam Bradford this year.

-it was said the only QB they would have drafted last year was Mitch Trubisky

-passed on both Mahomes and Watson

-they drafted Nate Peterman

-signed AJ Maccarron

-Beane and McDermott have said numerous times how important it is to be able to win from the pocket. 

We we will find out tomorrow, but from what I've gathered I don't believe they'd have interest in a QB like Lamar Jackson. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

It’s because Jackson is not the pocket passer they are looking for this franchise at this time. It’s that simple. The Bills have had visits, workouts and/or meetings with Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph and Falk. Those are the top qbs that the Bills have scouted and interviewed. 

He can play from the pocket though. They aren’t going to be too stubborn to meet with a   1st round QB. That is negligent. As thorough as they have been I find that impossible, not unlikely. Imagine if he shows up and gets off to a start like Watson or RG and they didn’t even meet with him? They would never subject themselves to that type of criticism. They can certainly pick someone else but they will be on the firing line if they didn’t do their due diligence. That isn’t something Beane and McDermott would do. They are thorough. 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The one who told us they met was him, and now he’s saying they didn’t 

Yep, that’s why there is something there.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think there are different definitions of "met with" at play here.

I'm guessing they spoke at the Combine in some fashion, but didnt do any official visits.

That’s perfectly reasonable.