Lamar Jackson says he had zero meetings with Bills

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Lamar Jackson steals show at NFL Combine, meets with Buffalo Bills

http://www.newyorkupstate...s_with_buffalo_bills.html

"When asked which teams he met with, the Buffalo Bills were the first team he mentioned. Jackson ran the Erhardt-Perkins offense at Louisville. That happens to be the same offense Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is scholed in. Jackson is more than confident he can command that offense in the NFL, too."

Yes, he said that. So he either forgot, or thought the reporter was asking if he’s talked to them since.  I’m assuming the latter.

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Lamar Jackson steals show at NFL Combine, meets with Buffalo Bills

http://www.newyorkupstate...s_with_buffalo_bills.html

"When asked which teams he met with, the Buffalo Bills were the first team he mentioned. Jackson ran the Erhardt-Perkins offense at Louisville. That happens to be the same offense Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is scholed in. Jackson is more than confident he can command that offense in the NFL, too."

Confirmed: Jackson is a blockhead. He obviously forgot meeting with the Bills.

7 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

A lot of teams are going to look plain stupid passing on Jackson in this draft.

A lot of fans are going to look plain stupid for banging the table for him.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What would the point of a Lamar Jackson smokescreen even be for the Bills? 

The main reason for a smokescreen is so teams won't jump ahead of you and so you don't need to spend pick(s) to move up. Teams like the Cardinals, Ravens, Chargers, Bengals, Patriots could all pull a 2017 Chiefs or Texans "move up for a QB" like those teams did to get ahead of the Cardinals last year to select Mahomes and Watson respectively.

Edited by 1billsfan

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dont worry, I'll always remember you for being right on Jauron instead of remembering you for being wrong about Jackson. :lol::thumbsup::beer::beer:

Browns and Jets picking the right QB in this draft? Not going to happen. The best QB in this draft will be Jackson.

This is the equivalent of having sex with a fat chick, or a Buttaface with a terrible reputation. Yes, the Buffalo Bills (us at Two Bills Drive) is the fat chick. Lamar did meet with us a few times, but will flat out lie to his friends about it when they're hanging out playing Madden reminiscing about the greatness of NFL 2K and how the NFL were stupid to give lifetime rights to Electronic Arts.

I'm a Buffalo Bills die hard, but even I would lie about meeting with the Bills. "No I don't know her. What are you talking about?"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not wrong for not taking him, wrong for not talking to him. That’s negligent. These guys wouldn’t do that. They absolutely carved out some time to talk to him and put him on the board. Maybe they crossed him off shortly thereafter but they aren’t going to make any assumptions without doing their due dilligence. They just don’t operate like that. There won’t be any self created blind spots. 

I believe the Bills did meet with Jackson for 15 minutes at the NFL Combine. Maybe that was all it took to realize that they wanted to go in a different direction or maybe the Bills could not get in touch with his mom/management team to schedule an appropriate time. But the fact is that there has been no in depth meetings/visits between the two sides and that is extremely telling.

Maybe if this was a previous regime they would try creating a smokescreen by not meeting with Jackson but this regime is smarter and more meticulous. They are going to identify quarterbacks that fit what they are looking for and do an exhaustive analysis on them. They are all about being prepared. They are certainly not going to outsmart themselves by drafting a quarterback that they have not been able to do a thorough meeting with. This is the franchise quarterback, not a cornerback. Their jobs will likely depend on getting this pick right and I just can't imagine Beane making such an important decision without an in depth analysis of Jackson. 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 1

I find this strange. I can easily understand Jackson not being their guy but it sounds as though they didn't really even scout him during Louisville's 2017 campaign and evidently have not followed up at all this draft season either. For a QB needy team to show no interest whatsoever in a Heisman trophy winning QB who has a first round grade just seems odd to me. 

Must be they are totally disinterested in QBs in the Vick mould or agree with Polian & Co that he is a WR.

Or just maybe......we're in the twilight zone...

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

Confirmed: Jackson is a blockhead. He obviously forgot meeting with the Bills.

A lot of fans are going to look plain stupid for banging the table for him.

Well he did score 13 on the wonderlic....Lower than a janitor 

42 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

The main reason for a smokescreen is so teams won't jump ahead of you and so you don't need to spend pick(s) to move up. Teams like the Cardinals, Ravens, Chargers, Bengals, Patriots could all pull a 2017 Chiefs or Texans "move up for a QB" like those teams did to get ahead of the Cardinals last year to select Mahomes and Watson respectively.

The patriots are very unlikley trading up. I would be shocked if they did. 

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Well he did score 13 on the wonderlic....Lower than a janitor 

Meanwhile, it was reported today that Josh McDaniels worked out Lamar Jackson in Florida. That's makes two workouts for Jackson with the Patriots. Hmmm, maybe he's not quite as dumb as the geniuses here think he is...

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-qb-lamar-jackson-had-private-workout-mcdaniels

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

Meanwhile, it was reported today that Josh McDaniels worked out Lamar Jackson in Florida. That's makes two workouts for Jackson with the Patriots. Hmmm, maybe he's not quite as dumb as the geniuses here think he is...

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-qb-lamar-jackson-had-private-workout-mcdaniels

Good for those geniuses....great athlete, not a great QB

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Josh McDaniels drafted Tim Tebow. The end.