Mayock: If Cardinals Move Up, It's for Josh Allen

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Mayock: If Cardinals Move Up, It's for Josh Allen

Allen seems to be the most intriguing QB prospect of the draft. I would feel so much more at ease with any of the other top 4 guys. I think I like Darnold/Mayfield the best and that leaves Rosen very close behind those two. I wonder what Allen's college stats would have looked like if he had played in a different program though. Still if the Bills don't get one of the other 3 guys you have to make a play for Allen.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1- CLE Darnold

3 - NYJ Mayfield

5 - BUF Rosen :beer:

We have similar feelings on these guys I see... I hope we are right on how the draft goes down...

20 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I think it has more to do with politics when it comes to Rosen and the Jets.

I don't think Woody Johnson has much involvement in the draft now. It's more about the OC, Jeremy Bates, who worked well with Cutler. 

Edited by dave mcbride

46 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Lets make a friendly wager @whatdrought  I propose a $20 gift card to Tim Horton’s

No deal. I live in the south where we aren't so lucky to have such luxuries (or any coffee that's worth a d*mn). 

Also, my wife won't appreciate me blowing (potentially) money a week after finding out we're expecting. ;)

But I counter with a public proclamation that you were right/I was wrong? Can you do signatures on this board? The old Bills board used to allow signatures and people would put such admissions of error in there. 

Although, I'm not the one that made a definitive statement either way. I think there is a possibility that the Jets take Mayfield, I just don't expect it. You all but assured us that they will not take Rosen. 

Edited by whatdrought

49 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

All I want is Rosen or Mayfield. Something tells me that these are the two that our teams get.

Best odds today would have Rosen in NY and Mayfield in NJ. But my dark horse scenario is that the Bills secretly have Mayfield as their #1 and would trade up with the Giants to take him before the Jets could. Possibly with the Broncos or Colts involved so the Giants end up at 5 or 6. In that scenario you guys probably end up with Allen.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Best odds today would have Rosen in NY and Mayfield in NJ. But my dark horse scenario is that the Bills secretly have Mayfield as their #1 and would trade up with the Giants to take him before the Jets could. Possibly with the Broncos or Colts involved so the Giants end up at 5 or 6. In that scenario you guys probably end up with Allen.

I just don't see the Giants taking a qb at their pick. It's probably Barkley but also could be Chubb. Some people criticized the Jets for giving up too much to take the Colts spot. But it seems to me that it has worked out well for them. They are well positioned to come out of this draft with a high end qb prospect regardless what other teams do. Assuming that Darnold is off the board I think the Bills are targeting Rosen. I would love to know how the Bills ranked the qbs. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is what you have to worry about on Thursday. If you are not aggressive and are reluctant to pay that price to get the player you want, just remember, there will be another team that will be willing to pay. There always is.

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

This is what you have to worry about on Thursday. If you are not aggressive and are reluctant to pay that price to get the player you want, just remember, there will be another team that will be willing to pay. There always is.

Beane has all of the draft picks he needs to facilitate a deal.

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I just don't see the Giants taking a qb at their pick. It's probably Barkley but also could be Chubb. Some people criticized the Jets for giving up too much to take the Colts spot. But it seems to me that it has worked out well for them. They are well positioned to come out of this draft with a high end qb prospect regardless what other teams do. Assuming that Darnold is off the board I think the Bills are targeting Rosen. I would love to know how the Bills ranked the qbs. 

If the Giants stay put at #2, they have to get a Franchise QB.  They are not going to be at #2 in the draft again when the time comes for Eli to hang up. 

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If the Giants stay put at #2, they have to get a Franchise QB.  They are not going to be at #2 in the draft again when the time comes for Eli to hang up. 

I agree with you but I don't think the Giants do. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1- CLE Darnold

3 - NYJ Mayfield

5 - BUF Rosen :beer:

Please! The only (realistic) thing better would be my dream of the Jests taking Allen and he never figures it out. 

30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you but I don't think the Giants do. 

I cant understand how people think this

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Cardinals don't have the ability to outbid the Bills. 

They do if beane chickens out

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

If they want to outbid they can, but if they don't then we hope Arizona takes Allen. 

They don't come close to the amount of capital Beane has in his arsenal with accumulated picks.  Beane has even said they'd give up the '19 #1 for the right guy.   If they did somehow and took Allen, of course that would be great.

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Beane has all of the draft picks he needs to facilitate a deal.

...certainly has plenty of capital, but no way to tell if he's "all in" on one guy versus being a value shopper focusing on volume quality....was his FA value shopping an indicator on a conservative approach that may tell you how he will approach the draft OR was limited FA capital an impediment to his shopping?......with substantial draft capital, he could very easily move to QB invest (far better class so far on paper) knowing that the 2019 class is weak but having $85+ mil in FA dollars to spend.....2018 QB is a slam dunk IMO, but who, when, where, why, etc are ????'s.............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...certainly has plenty of capital, but no way to tell if he's "all in" on one guy versus being a value shopper focusing on volume quality....was his FA value shopping an indicator on a conservative approach that may tell you how he will approach the draft OR was limited FA capital an impediment to his shopping?......with substantial draft capital, he could very easily move to QB invest (far better class so far on paper) knowing that the 2019 class is weak but having $85+ mil in FA dollars to spend.....2018 QB is a slam dunk IMO, but who, when, where, why, etc are ????'s.............

This is different with his number 1 job of acquiring a potential franchise QB.  Not the same calculation with veteran free agency under a cap crunch. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz