NEW Bills Stadium question

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Goodell promised the Dolphins Super Bowls if they did the upgrade. And no Super Bowls ever again in the old non upgraded stadium. The owner paid for all of it. 

Ross might be an idiot of an owner, but he does put his money where his mouth is 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

The stadium must be a multi purpose facility,capable of being used 12 months a year.If it isn't,Erie County is not willing to foot any part of the bill.

Good thing Pegula can go drill a well if he wants to make more money. He can pay for it himself.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

The city would not take the hit..part of the monies would come from NYS and WE,the Erie County taxpayers would see about a 2% property tax increase.Terry and Kim would be paying about half the cost...that was the only proposal semi offered by the ECC and was never reviewed by Polancarz. The stadium would have a retractable roof.

Don't forget about the NY Power Authority... the can CERTAINLY assist with paying for this.

Also, Jeremy Jacobs / Delaware North said they wanted to help build/manage the new stadium.

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

lucas oil stadium

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=lucas+oil+stadium&FORM=HDRSC2

combine with Buffalo/Niagara Convention Center

No, please no not clone Lucas Oil. I cannot stand Lucas Oil Stadium from a design perspective. We have enough real stuff in Buffalo that we don't need to Disney the F out a stadium with fake preservation/industry design.

Go bold and modern.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Goodell promised the Dolphins Super Bowls if they did the upgrade. And no Super Bowls ever again in the old non upgraded stadium. The owner paid for all of it. 

Have you been there since the remodel? 

People like to argue about the merits of a new stadium but the alternative is a renovated New Era Field. To judge that option one needs to look around the league to see what other teams have done. Miami and KC both come to mind as major overhauls.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Good thing Pegula can go drill a well if he wants to make more money. He can pay for it himself.

The Pegula's are to intelligent to get into a war with the county...sometimes everything isn't about money ,it's about the community.For example,when the Buffalo cop died..Terry and Kim donated the KBC  to the city for the funeral mass.In addition,look at what they have doing at Canalside..with more to come.The facility would be used much like a massive convention center would be,with priority number one being able to host football games...UB and maybe even some Syracuse games every so often.

8 minutes ago, buffalobillsfootball said:

Also, Jeremy Jacobs / Delaware North said they wanted to help build/manage the new stadium.

You bring up a solid fact here..which would leave us to believe,the facility must be used 12 months a year.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Whatever would get built my hope is that it be unique to Buffalo and the traditions surrounding Bills football. Not some copy cat multipurpose facility with no ties to the history and community.

Deek..tell me the large open area near Tift Farms wouldn't be the perfect spot? I believe that area was in the proposal.

46 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

The stadium must be a multi purpose facility,capable of being used 12 months a year.If it isn't,Erie County is not willing to foot any part of the bill.

Let's not pretend the state and county are going to play hardball. History tells us otherwise. 

https://deadspin.com/5971468/the-bills-blackmailed-new-york-taxpayers-into-covering-84-percent-of-stadium-renovations

Here's the list of events that you can expect from a stadium:

https://www.usbankstadium.com/events

http://www.levisstadium.com/events/category/tickets/

https://www.metlifestadium.com/events-tickets/event-calendar

These regions are significantly larger and richer than WNY, and they still can't get many events! Are a few Taylor Swift and Jay Z shows worth half a billion, or more, in taxpayer dollars? No chance. 

The stadium / convention center idea was floated in San Diego and never took off. Completely different facilities that just don't work well together. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

9 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Deek..tell me the large open area near Tift Farms wouldn't be the perfect spot? I believe that area was in the proposal.

It very well might be...but this the location...now in your opinion what design elements would make the new facility uniquely Buffalo?

28 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Let's not pretend the state and county are going to play hardball. History tells us otherwise. 

https://deadspin.com/5971468/the-bills-blackmailed-new-york-taxpayers-into-covering-84-percent-of-stadium-renovations

Here's the list of events that you can expect from a stadium:

https://www.usbankstadium.com/events

http://www.levisstadium.com/events/category/tickets/

https://www.metlifestadium.com/events-tickets/event-calendar

These regions are significantly larger and richer than WNY, and they still can't get many events! Are a few Taylor Swift and Jay Z shows worth half a billion, or more, in taxpayer dollars? No chance. 

The stadium / convention center idea was floated in San Diego and never took off. Completely different facilities that just don't work well together. 

Convention market is flooded with convention buildings. 

1 hour ago, buffalobillsfootball said:

Don't forget about the NY Power Authority... the can CERTAINLY assist with paying for this.

No, please no not clone Lucas Oil. I cannot stand Lucas Oil Stadium from a design perspective. We have enough real stuff in Buffalo that we don't need to Disney the F out a stadium with fake preservation/industry design.

Go bold and modern.

Lucas Oil stadium is one of the best looking NFL stadiums ever. Plus it is downtown which is nice.

If you go retractable, be sure the darn thing works! The gazillion dollar fancy pants retractable dome in Atlanta will be closed all next season. It doesn’t work. The glass is apparently too heavy for one thing, and they need lots of time and lots of money to fix it. Lawyers will make a fortune on this one! 

Will a retractable roof or a dome handle snow or will it collapse like the Vikings dome?

An architect friend of mine showed me designs he made a stadium which the field was open to snow but the stands were covered with slanted curved walls designed for snow to fall along sides preventing excess weight buildup. Sort of like the eye Dallass's stadium has but much more curved.  He said that a roof could be put on it but it would not one which was quickly retractable but left up for the season in this case winter.

22 hours ago, Carter said:

Please. Is this a joke. 

Buffalo can’t afford a new stadium. Their economy has been stagnant for 40 years. The local politicians are too selfish and dumb to understand the trickle affects of building a new stadium, they will refuse any public money be given. 

Pegs will use this as his excuse to Initiate talks for moving the team to a more “sustainable” city with a “bright” future. 

Buffalo is not that. Complete opposite amof. 

Please.  New stadium on buffalo. Hahaha. 

Why are you so angry all the time? Do you want to talk about it?

41 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think it's too late.....Dunkirk Don already started construction............

I do not think many players will fit in the used tongue depressor stadium he is building from the examinations of asylum he is in.  

Anyone want to buy a really crappy troll bridge contact him.

Football in domes absolutely sucks.  So does baseball or soccer.

Thank God most MLB teams have had the presence of mind to play outdoors on real grass.

It would be unthinkable in Europe for a soccer stadium not to at least have a giant hole in the roof (or no roof) with real grass on the field.

Edited by Fadingpain

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I do not think many players will fit in the used tongue depressor stadium he is building from the examinations of asylum he is in.  

Anyone want to buy a really crappy troll bridge contact him.

..Bo knows....and obviously so does Don.....stay tuned.............:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, 4:20 said:

I can’t believe everyone wanting a dome. Part of Bills history is weather. Could you ever see Green Bay building a dome or retractable roof? Hell no. Open air. Even pussies like Tom Brady play outside in the elements. And yes it’s cold and snowy in New England too. NO DOME!!!! 

I am sure you would not notice of the roof was closed or not as long as the grass was green!

34 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Why are you so angry all the time? Do you want to talk about it?

Angry?  Just  telling it like it is. There is no need to DEFLECT this to an emotional response... 

From the fan perspective, I would think a retractable roof would be just about a no brainer.  The fly in the ointment would be the cost.  I have a hard time seeing how the powers that be are willing to commit the kind of money to the project that would make a retractable roof possible.  A dome is a much more practical solution and would make the stadium much more versatile than an open air facility.

It better be open. What exactly is happening in a dome that can’t happen at an arena...in Buffalo? Is selling your soul worth that price???

Retractable?! Why...? Who’s seen a team open up the roof when there’s a snow storm?? I have a lot of questions..

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

It better be open. What exactly is happening in a dome that can’t happen at an arena...in Buffalo? Is selling your soul worth that price???

Retractable?! Why...? Who’s seen a team open up the roof when there’s a snow storm?? I have a lot of questions..

Yes, it is worth the price to have an actually usable stadium downtown.

3 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Yes, it is worth the price to have an actually usable stadium downtown.

You’re right! It’s going to change everything! Of course the Super Bowl will come to Buffalo if only it had a dome. 

Know who you are. The Bills play in the snow. They always should. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

You’re right! It’s going to change everything! Of course the Super Bowl will come to Buffalo if only it had a dome. 

Know who you are. The Bills play in the snow. They always should. 

I'm not just talking about the Bills, I'm talking about downtown Buffalo. An open air stadium is an economic black hole. A dome could be used for other things that would bring commerce downtown.

Bills fans need to get over this myth that Buffalo weather is an advantage. Only one team in our history said it was, and that team was so damn good they probably would've beaten any team regardless of where they played (except the Super Bowl:()

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

I'm not just talking about the Bills, I'm talking about downtown Buffalo. An open air stadium is an economic black hole. A dome could be used for other things that would bring commerce downtown.

Bills fans need to get over this myth that Buffalo weather is an advantage. Only one team in our history said it was, and that team was so damn good they probably would've beaten any team regardless of where they played (except the Super Bowl:()

I see where you’re coming..I’m sure a dome is better for the city economically. But frankly, I don’t give a damn. I’m a Bills fan and I’m on a Bills forum. The city of Buffalo can burn to the ground for all I care. Just as long as the team wins. And I believe an open air stadium IS Buffalo Bills football.

Yes, those teams in the 90s won playoff games in Miami and Pittsburgh; but you can’t tell me that the weather, or at least its mystique, didn’t add to their lengendary home field advantage in those years. But what the hell do we know.. let’s get some quotes from former visiting players and see what they have to say! And, we can just ask ourselves: If you were playing for the Chargers, would you rather play a playoff game in Buffalo indoors or outdoors?

5 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I see where you’re coming..I’m sure a dome is better for the city economically. But frankly, I don’t give a damn. I’m a Bills fan and I’m on a Bills forum. The city of Buffalo can burn to the ground for all I care. Just as long as the team wins. And I believe an open air stadium IS Buffalo Bills football.

Yes, those teams in the 90s won playoff games in Miami and Pittsburgh; but you can’t tell me that the weather, or at least its mystique, didn’t add to their lengendary home field advantage in those years. But what the hell do we know.. let’s get some quotes from former visiting players and see what they have to say! And, we can just ask ourselves: If you were playing for the Chargers, would you rather play a playoff game in Buffalo indoors or outdoors?

If the dome was like Seattle's that focused the noise, I would say outdoors.

45 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

So build the roof just like Seattle except finish the roof. Will be louder then.

Could you imagine how loud Seahawks stadium would be it the roof did not just cover the seats on sidelines but covered the whole thing? crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

So build the roof just like Seattle except finish the roof. Will be louder then.

Could you imagine how loud Seahawks stadium would be it the roof did not just cover the seats on sidelines but covered the whole thing? crazy.

Exactly. THAT'S home field advantage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

For a building that is going to cost more than $1billion, and be partly (mostly) tax payer funded, it MUST be multi-use, and be able to bring in revenue for it and the surrounding area more than 8-10 days a year.

So you're getting a retractable roof at the very least. But those things barely function in good weather, there's no way they're going to open it when it's snowing.

If they did something like Lucas Oil, that could look cool downtown. And was cheap to build. Not sure how something like the new Vikings or Falcons stadiums would look in Buffalo anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Will a retractable roof or a dome handle snow or will it collapse like the Vikings dome?

An architect friend of mine showed me designs he made a stadium which the field was open to snow but the stands were covered with slanted curved walls designed for snow to fall along sides preventing excess weight buildup. Sort of like the eye Dallass's stadium has but much more curved.  He said that a roof could be put on it but it would not one which was quickly retractable but left up for the season in this case winter.

Birdair in Amherst put together that roof in Minneapolis.I wonder if they would offer a bid for the new retractable roof stadium.Stay tuned...

On 4/17/2018 at 9:22 PM, 4:20 said:

I can’t believe everyone wanting a dome. Part of Bills history is weather. Could you ever see Green Bay building a dome or retractable roof? Hell no. Open air. Even pussies like Tom Brady play outside in the elements. And yes it’s cold and snowy in New England too. NO DOME!!!! 

People who love the idea of games in bad weather probably don't go to them. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Carter said:

Please. Is this a joke. 

Buffalo can’t afford a new stadium. Their economy has been stagnant for 40 years. The local politicians are too selfish and dumb to understand the trickle affects of building a new stadium, they will refuse any public money be given. 

Pegs will use this as his excuse to Initiate talks for moving the team to a more “sustainable” city with a “bright” future. 

Buffalo is not that. Complete opposite amof. 

Please.  New stadium on buffalo. Hahaha

don't you mean our economy?

smells like a troll

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Okay, buddy, here's the facts:

I started with the 1980s since everybody knows the Dolphins won every matchup in the '70s and included games played Nov 1st and later.  Starting with the 1st game in 1985, the Dolphins have visited 23 times, including 2 playoff games, and the Bills record in those games is 16-7.  

That doesn't prove anything. What's the record before Nov 1st, and excluding the 70s just seems convenient for your point. There's no logical basis to exclude the 70s other than it just isn't convenient for the point your trying to make.

3 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What is wrong with you? Go find another team. 

3 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Don't agree with that piece of ****