Bills One of the Best Fits for Dez Bryant - Per ESPN

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/272427/where-will-dez-bryant-land-teams-that-could-be-a-fit

Interest in Bryant can't be ruled out -- because the Bills have a need at wide receiver. They have invested resources in Zay Jones (drafted in the second round last year) and Kelvin Benjamin (acquired in a trade for third- and seventh-round picks last season), but the results left something to be desired. The Bills lost Deonte Thompson and Jordan Matthews in free agency, so they could use some veteran help. -- Mike Rodak

• Haha (+1) 5

I just don't see it happening.  You have to think the Cowboys offered him some where around that $8mil mark because that is what it cost to cut him.  So Dez is probably looking to get a contract between $8M - $12M. 

So for #1 we don't have the cap room for that, and for #2 he doesn't really fit the character mold the McBeanes are trying to build.

35 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

I just don't see it happening.  You have to think the Cowboys offered him some where around that $8mil mark because that is what it cost to cut him.  So Dez is probably looking to get a contract between $8M - $12M. 

So for #1 we don't have the cap room for that, and for #2 he doesn't really fit the character mold the McBeanes are trying to build.

It has been reported they did not, they just cut him. 

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We don't need an aging wr diva who can no longer seperate. Time to get young.

and how are they going to do that?

You need veteran WR on this team.

Im not saying sign him to a ridiculous deal, Im saying look into it to see if it is a fit cost wise.

Currently the Bills #2 WR is Rod Streeter or Andre Molmes. 

Any WR that hits the open market needs to be looked in to. 

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

He would be the best WR on our team.

There isn't even a close 2nd.

He has more catches and yards than the entire Bills WR group. 

But he doesn't just "Shut up and play" so he is obviously bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

This shows you how much that ESPN doesnt really pay attention to the Bills.

Could you imagine Dez Bryant on the sideline screaming at whoever we draft because he isnt getting the ball?

Much like OBJ, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Brown, TO, Randy Moss, etc etc have done.

Big time WR want the ball, this is not new. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

It has been reported they did not, they just cut him. 

You could see them phasing him out of their offense at the end of last year.  His talent no longer warranted the headache he caused.

I think he lands in Washington.  They need a big WR, they've got a couple guys who can get the deep ball with Doctson / Richardson and Crowder in the slot, but no big body WR

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

and how are they going to do that?

You need veteran WR on this team.

Im not saying sign him to a ridiculous deal, Im saying look into it to see if it is a fit cost wise.

Currently the Bills #2 WR is Rod Streeter or Andre Molmes. 

Any WR that hits the open market needs to be looked in to. 

He has more catches and yards than the entire Bills WR group. 

But he doesn't just "Shut up and play" so he is obviously bad. 

exactly.

I don't love his attitude.

he still had close to 900 yards last year and is 29 years old.

Oh he played like the last half of the season on a sprained ankle.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am trying to remember a time when Sammy Watkins EVER got in the face of his QB during a game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13896976/sammy-watkins-tells-buffalo-bills-making-look-bad-lack-targets

http://www.businessinsider.com/sammy-watkins-rant-about-not-getting-the-ball-enough-2015-10

Edited by CountDorkula

What the hell difference does it make?

He went out of his way to say he wanted the ball and though a "Temper tantrum" as many call it. 

Because is shows that your not paying attention.

When did Sammy Watkins EVER get in the face of his QB during a game with his antics......

It never happened.

Read before you post.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because is shows that your not paying attention.

When did Sammy Watkins EVER get in the face of his QB during a game with his antics......

It never happened.

Read before you post.

I'm asking what does it matter if its during a game or during a PC.

I also guess your forgot Sammys disgusted body language during games when EJ Manuel was the QB and gesturing to him to be better. 

44 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

I agree, I dont see this happening.  But we definitely have plenty of cap room if they wanted him.  But, that being said, McD and Beane have been VERY vocal about the culture of the locker room, and Bryant doesn't seem to fit into those plans.  Add in he is a big injury risk every year, I doubt they see him worth the gamble.  

Dont get me wrong, I wouldn't complain at all if we signed him, as I do think we need WR help especially ZJ had a terrible rookie season and even worse off season so far and KB is also injury prone, especially his knees.  So we need WR help, and Dez is still a talent.  But, I don't see him as the guy our FO is going to look at for help and expect them to probably draft a guy with some speed too.  In fact if we dont trade most our early picks to get a QB (like a cheaper trade up to 5-10 or no trade up at all), I think its possible we will target one in the 2nd.

I dont see this happening at all.....likely will go to the NYG, phili or even wash......would love to have dez here.....hell at this point likely will take any available WR as we pretty much have nothing right now!

35 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

One of the best fits? Why because he's available?

He can't get separation like he used to, he's lost some speed. I don't see the fit, sounds a lot like the receivers the Bills already have.

Because he's a wr

At this point I think Jerry rice would be our #1 receiver

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

The Bills need some speed on the outside. They don't have it and Bryant won't bring that. Rodak just throwing stuff at the wall.

Look.

Bryant is available.

He'd be far and away the best wr on this team, it's not even close.

He's 29.

He's also an ahole and probably wants big $$$$.

You can say he's not worth the money or the attitude anymore, but he's still better than anything we have, or will get before the season starts.

I'm not saying give him the $$$.

I think we should at least give him a ring.

43 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

One of the best fits? Why because he's available?

He can't get separation like he used to, he's lost some speed. I don't see the fit, sounds a lot like the receivers the Bills already have.

SO hes the same as Andre holmes and Rod Streeter?

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Look.

Bryant is available.

He'd be far and away the best wr on this team, it's not even close.

He's 29.

He's also an ahole and probably wants big $$$$.

You can say he's not worth the money or the attitude anymore, but he's still better than anything we have, or will get before the season starts.

I'm not saying give him the $$$.

I think we should at least give him a ring.

Entire Bills WR Group ~ 550 catches and  7,767 yards (6 people)

Dez Bryant - ~550 catches and 7,459 yards.

but you know the guys we have on this team are just as good as him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Entire Bills WR Group ~ 550 catches and  7,767 yards (6 people)

Dez Bryant - ~550 catches and 7,459 yards.

but you know the guys we have on this team are just as good as him. 

He's clearly our #4 on the depth chart.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

And Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin.... only he will cost $9m+

SO we shouldn't try to improve on teh WR core because of those two?

Zay Jones who we don't even know if hell be available to start the season because of suspension and Kelvin Benjamin whos knee is an unknown?

We have no idea what Dez Bryant costs, and yes Good WR's cost Money. How much do you think Benjamin is going to get next year. Its going to be north of 10MM dollars? are we going to let him go too, because he costs money?