Idea From WGR: Use Picks To Build Team Then Grab Rodgers Next Year With the Cap $$

Sorry I don't even remember who said this but on my ride to work this morning they talked about the idea.

We have a zillion picks this year. And we have I think 70 million in cap room for next year.

So they said one option would be to fix up the team with our draft, to make it a young, solid, attractive team.

Then next year just outspend the Packers by whatever it takes, to get Aaron Rodgers. They haven't got the money to match us they said.

I actually liked this idea. What do you guys think?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Rodgers is not leaving GB. They would Franchise him for 3 years before they let that happen. 

Rodgers will sign a new extension with the Packers that will likely come after Ryan's  new deal with the Falcons. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Sorry I don't even remember who said this but on my ride to work this morning they talked about the idea.

We have a zillion picks this year. And we have I think 70 million in cap room for next year.

So they said one option would be to fix up the team with our draft, to make it a young, solid, attractive team.

Then next year just outspend the Packers by whatever it takes, to get Aaron Rodgers. They haven't got the money to match us they said.

I actually liked this idea. What do you guys think?

Right...the Packers are just going to let Aaron Rodgers walk...theyd franchise him first.  These are ideas from people with no clue how things actually work. 

They throw enough crap on the wall and hope some sticks.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

I heard he went to school in California so he can't play in cold weather

I love when I hear things like this.  I remember a few years ago someone was adamant weather was important for Buffalo and QB's because we generally have 8 home snow games a year.

Edited by Royale with Cheese