Richie Incognito fires his agents via Twitter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/05/richie-incognito-fires-agents-via-twitter/

Richie Incognito said at the time he was “thrilled” to rework his contract with the Bills, which amounted to a pay cut.But maybe he wasn’t, assuming he’s not just messing with people (which is an assumption you can’t always safely make with him).

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RussellDopeland said:

How disgraceful. Only a morally-bankrupt, spineless weasel would fire someone via twitter....like Donald Trump.

Better than shooting them like...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Or he fired his agents personally, and then sent out the tweet?

Love how people take PFT sensationalization as gospel.  

In his tweet, do you see or read it as a followup to a personal firing?

It sure seems like it wasn't.  And if he fired them personally,  why follow up with this kind of tweet?

Edited by Mr. WEO

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

In his tweet, do you see or read it as a followup to a personal firing?

It sure seems like it wasn't.  And if he fired them personally,  why follow up with this kind of tweet?

The tweet also doesn't prove that he didn't have a conversation with Dunn prior to the tweet.  

Nobody knows what transpired before the tweet,  but it's not stopping anyone from speculating based on PFTs crusade

6 minutes ago, GG said:

The tweet also doesn't prove that he didn't have a conversation with Dunn prior to the tweet.  

Nobody knows what transpired before the tweet,  but it's not stopping anyone from speculating based on PFTs crusade

How is it a crusade?  They put up the guy's tweet.

When he clarifies that he fired them personally beforehand, they will publish that tweet too.

Clearly, Incognito is putting it out there that he just fired them via tweet.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Could be this is his last run so he knows he won’t need them anymore, so why pay them? 

Maybe hes getting a new kind of agent for his next step after football? 

Not necessarily any reason to think something nefarious is going on here...

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Could be this is his last run so he knows he won’t need them anymore, so why pay them? 

Or he’s hiring his mom

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How is it a crusade?  They put up the guy's tweet.

When he clarifies that he fired them personally beforehand, they will publish that tweet too.

Clearly, Incognito is putting it out there that he just fired them via tweet.

It's a crusade based on their past reporting on him. 

PFT reported the agent's firing by twitter as fact, based only on the tweet, and without any corroboration from Richie or Dunn.   

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Or he’s hiring his mom

I have been as hard as anyone on Jackson but was starting to come around a bit.  This mom as his agent stuff though...  I don't think I want someone quarterbacking my team that at his age can't break the cord.  

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This was my read of the Tweet. People are overthinking this.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

How disgraceful. Only a morally-bankrupt, spineless weasel would fire someone via twitter....like Donald Trump.

I know this is shocking but RI is a big Trump guy. 

Just now, JackKemp said:

This was my read of the Tweet. People are overthinking this.

Or maybe the guy who was several times voted the dirtiest player in the nfl, kicked out of multiples colleges, sexually harassed women, might be a scumbag.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know this is shocking but RI is a big Trump guy. 

Or maybe the guy who was several times voted the dirtiest player in the nfl, kicked out of multiples colleges, sexually harassed women, might be a scumbag.

Another overthinker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

Another overthinker.

Thank.  Rather been an over think than a under thinker. :)

most agents are are scum too so I don’t have a problem with.  I’m also not naive enough to think RI is some great dude just because he plays for my football team.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like they just reported what was out there 

Kind of.  They also then went on to suppose that he wasn't happy with his deal.  Perhaps he knows he signed his last contract and doesn't feel he needs an agent anymore.  Perhaps he was/is unhappy with their treatment of him.  Perhaps a million different scenarios but the only one PFT put out was that perhaps he was unhappy with his deal when there is no evidence of that being true.

This line specifically:

At the time, the 34-year-old Incognito seemed fired up about the chance to stay in Buffalo, but he apparently changed his mind in the interim.

That is a lot of speculation wrapped up in a statement that is not worded as such.  Nothing in his tweet references his deal, paycut, or Buffalo.  PFT is moving more and more into TMZ territory for me.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, GG said:

PFT reported the agent's firing by twitter as fact, based only on the tweet, and without any corroboration from Richie or Dunn.   

The guy tweeted "You're fired!".  They are posting this.  That's a crusade?

Did you even read the rest of the item?  They twice allowed that it could be an April fool's type joke by RI.

Richie has a long history of publicly commenting on his previous public comments.  He can correct "set the record straight" at any time as to his firing of his agents.  He has chosen not to yet.

Again,  HE put this out there to look like he's firing them by Twitter.  It's not a "crusade" to report this.

24 minutes ago, GG said:

I did notice how they threw in the Miami scandal, and the racial slur thing, even though they didn't have to. It was an unecceary, indirect jab. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re 12 right? Because that is the age cutoff for using cool terms like butthurt.

c u c k and snowflake are 2 insults that instantly make me think really really poorly of someone.  If they utter those 2 phrases I immediately lose respect for them. :death:

Edited by section122
  • Like (+1) 1