Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

Somebody please talk me down off the edge with this nightmare scenario.  
    For the most part, everyone on here is in the boat we should bundle picks and take a qb because a franchise qb is more valuable than 5 starters,  I dont disagree, whats to stop the Pats from going crazy and offering a kings ransom (god forbid more than us) to move up for the heir to Brady?  All I see is them dropping a ton of picks for their successor and have him groomed by brady/bb. They have worked miracles with less talent and would potentially have a better situation than Manning>>Luck. Pats actually hit with the qbs they pick and I cant think of a more dangerous situation.

Edited by BillsMafia13

9 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

LOTS of talk about trading him out. Reports coming out of the owners meetings that 3 teams are talking to Bellicheat about a trade, as he made it known he wants to move him

I think Gronk’s agent and BB are playing games right now. Gronk wants more money or will retire, Pats threatening to trade him to somewhere where his career will die like Cleveland. In the end he will be there because he’s the most important player on the team not named Marcia.

Look, while it may be possible that the Pats* trade up, I really doubt it.  They LOVE trading down and I actually expect them to do that a couple times.  I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade down from 23 and pick up a 2nd or something next year.  Who knows, they may scam someone out of picks this year and next year for that pick for all we know. 

That said, by trading down and getting more picks, it makes it more likely they WILL take a QB either late in the 1st, or in the 2nd with the picks they get for trading down.  The Pats* always seem to find a way to accumulate a ton of draft picks by trading down.....a practice I fully support and would love the Bills to do just about every chance they get, except for this year when they need to trade up for the QB.

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Why would any self-respecting team in the top 5 trade with the Pats**? The Giants certainly don't get along with the Pats** and I'm sure the Broncos don't either.

Judging by how they've dominated the league for years, why would any team trade with them ?

If I'm a GM and the patriots are calling, I let it go to voice mail. I wouldn't help them out no matter what.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't you love how the Pats are "all set" to move up to #2 but the Bills, who have 2 or 3 times the draft capital to make a trade, will have a hard time?

Exactly this. Bills are consistently mentioned as one of the most likely teams to move up but I keep seeing all sorts of mocks and speculation articles saying the Cardinals will jump up or whoever, and now the Pats... with #23 and #31 are gonna fly up the board and take a QB who won't see the field for at least a year. Meanwhile, they (Pats) have plenty of other spots to fill. 

This isn't about the media "disrespecting" the Bills or anything like that. It's just pointing out how asinine they can be. "Gonna be tough for the Bills, but watch out now, here come the Pats, they've offered the Giants pick #23 and a half-eaten Snickers (shared between Tommy and Billy themselves!) for EVERY SINGLE Giants pick for the next 14 years. Oh, and would ya look at that, just because teams respect the Pats so much, the Browns have gifted them with picks #1 and #4, just because!"

Blech. Anyone seriously thinking the Pats are gonna find their way into the top two or three picks can get da fook oot. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Exactly this. Bills are consistently mentioned as one of the most likely teams to move up but I keep seeing all sorts of mocks and speculation articles saying the Cardinals will jump up or whoever, and now the Pats... with #23 and #31 are gonna fly up the board and take a QB who won't see the field for at least a year. Meanwhile, they (Pats) have plenty of other spots to fill. 

This isn't about the media "disrespecting" the Bills or anything like that. It's just pointing out how asinine they can be. "Gonna be tough for the Bills, but watch out now, here come the Pats, they've offered the Giants pick #23 and a half-eaten Snickers (shared between Tommy and Billy themselves!) for EVERY SINGLE Giants pick for the next 14 years. Oh, and would ya look at that, just because teams respect the Pats so much, the Browns have gifted them with picks #1 and #4, just because!"

Blech. Anyone seriously thinking the Pats are gonna find their way into the top two or three picks can get da fook oot. 

It's just part of the hype and hysteria that the media cultivates around the NFL draft to increase clicks or ratings ... and it obviously works judging from numerous responses.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't get the Lauletta as a 1st or even 2nd rounder to be honest.  He is a day 3 player for me. 

I saw a mock draft with him going in the 3rd round to the Pats. I could easily see them using their own 2 to get him. (So late it’s close to a 3)

Brady is not going to groom anyone to replace him. I honestly believe there are serious issues between Belichek, Brady and Kraft after the Garrapalo trade... Brady and Bill are in a power struggle to see who gets the credit for this dynasty before it collapses....

Pretty sure McDaniels didn't back out of a HC gig with Indy and blacklist himself without having a belief he would end up NE next HC either... Things are getting ready to change over there in NE. Someone is going to go be it Belichek or Brady. They aren't riding off into the sunset together. 

19 minutes ago, GrizzReaper said:

Brady is not going to groom anyone to replace him. I honestly believe there are serious issues between Belichek, Brady and Kraft after the Garrapalo trade... Brady and Bill are in a power struggle to see who gets the credit for this dynasty before it collapses....

Pretty sure McDaniels didn't back out of a HC gig with Indy and blacklist himself without having a belief he would end up NE next HC either... Things are getting ready to change over there in NE. Someone is going to go be it Belichek or Brady. They aren't riding off into the sunset together. 

Yup.  Been saying this is the last year for Tommy Boy and Bellychick (and The Cretin).  McD spurning the Colts for a HC gig means he was promised the Cheaters job soon.  And if they draft a QB in the 1st round, it tells me Tommy Boy's gone after the season as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Been saying this is the last year for Tommy Boy and Bellychick (and The Cretin).  McD spurning the Colts for a HC gig means he was promised the Cheaters job soon.  And if they draft a QB in the 1st round, it tells me Tommy Boy's gone after the season as well.

Yeah it's coming... Too much has transpired. Kraft telling Coach Hey you trade Jimmy bc I have faith in Tom. Garrapalo goes to SF for peanuts and lights up his 5 starts theres. Then Belichek sits Butler out of the SB totally LAST minute. You have McDaniels supposedly going to a HC gig then flaking on Indy. You have Belichek trying to help his assistants get gigs elsewhere... Then Belichek banning Brady and Gronks trainer guru from the facility... Brady in video sneaking around the facility to have a session with the guy. Then Kraft having a presser saying basically well I messed up having Bill trade Jimmy but hey I realize that now and once again I have full faith in Bill to get us a heir to Brady bc umm well we need one now... There's smoke in NE... It could be a big conspiracy theory but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I saw a mock draft with him going in the 3rd round to the Pats. I could easily see them using their own 2 to get him. (So late it’s close to a 3)

Maybe. If 6 are already off the board I can just about see that.

13 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Sammy Watkins = Rams 2nd round pick -last year if his contract

Brandon Cooks.  = Rams 1st round pick -last year of his contract

What the F are the Rams doing?

Feels like the ghost of George Allen is running that team.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure if this was mentioned in any of the 20 pages here (I didn't see it), but isn't anyone worried that the Patriots could use a 2019 or 2020 first round pick(s) in combination of their 2018 first round picks (#23) and (#31)?  Seems that if a team was willing to get 3 first rounders (probably all 23 and lower) that they may be able to offer more than the Bills, unless they could match.

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Not sure if this was mentioned in any of the 20 pages here (I didn't see it), but isn't anyone worried that the Patriots could use a 2019 or 2020 first round pick(s) in combination of their 2018 first round picks (#23) and (#31)?  Seems that if a team was willing to get 3 first rounders (probably all 23 and lower) that they may be able to offer more than the Bills, unless they could match.

How is 23, 31, and 2019 X in any way better than 12, 21, and 2019 <X? Unless we plan on surpassing the Pats this year. I'd be for that, but even then its not likely that the difference between the 2019 pick outweighs the massive difference we hold over them right now and I can't imagine any team would depend on that happening right now with Brady still playing.

Edited by What a Tuel

In a fight where the weapon is draft capital, the only team that can beat us is the Browns. I am convinced that we can make any trade that anyone else can if we so choose. I am also convinced that we wouldn't unless it fit our plans. 

I am still convinced that we could have gotten #3 from the Colts if we truly desired to have it that badly. 

36 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Future 1sts are devalued, esp those of the Pats who will be drafting late as long as Brady is still there. 

44 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

How is 23, 31, and 2019 X in any way better than 12, 21, and 2019 <X? Unless we plan on surpassing the Pats this year. I'd be for that, but even then its not likely that the difference between the 2019 pick outweighs the massive difference we hold over them right now and I can't imagine any team would depend on that happening right now with Brady still playing.

Not saying its better, but lots of people saying "Patriots can't match Bills offer" but we don't know if the Bills are willing to include 2019 picks, whereas the Patriots might be.  Patriots will likely pick mid 20s or 30 something in 2019.......Bills could have the 1st pick in the draft or top 10 or mid-20s.......better chance of the Bills picking in the top 10 next year than the Patriots.  Guessing Beane will not want to include a 2019 1st round pick is what I am saying.