Who is your second favorite team?

I don't have one, i just want a game that looks like it could be a good one.

When i scan the 16 games each week you usually couldn't get me to watch 13 of them if you paid me $500.

When Ralph died and no one was sure if the Bills were staying or leaving I racked my brain on who my second favorite team was. I couldn’t come up with one because I think about the Bills every day. There is no #2 for me

I don't have a second favorite team.

I do, however, enjoy watching great football.  I will say that, during their current run, I love tuning into a New England* game.  I think Brady is the best ever and I love watching him compete.  I love watching Gronk dominate.  They are exciting.  I always root for them to loses (except in some Super Bowls (not this last one, though)), but I do love to watch them because they are a high quality product.

San Fran. I "follow" them, but I certainly don't feel the same way about them as I do the Bills. Easy team to like during the Montana/Young, Rice years. They owned the '80s.

Kind of crazy that either the Bills or the 49ers made the Super Bowl in 7 consecutive seasons, yet never faced off in any of them. Both teams were very similar; high powered offenses with average defenses (the Bills defenses were probably above average, but were on the field a lot and gave up a lot due to the quick scoring K-Gun). The "no punt game" in '92 was a perfect reflection of that. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Saints.  My wife is from New Orleans.  Love the city to no end.  Genuine, salt of the earth people like no other.  Food will make your head pop off it's so delicious.  

I love going to Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar when we go down there...very hip city.

38 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I love going to Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar when we go down there...very hip city.

I've never heard of them, where are they?  Funny, the first time I went to New Orleans during football season the only thing I cared about was finding a Bills Backers spot, and it led me to Fox and Hound...had an unforgettable time....but by FAR the best time I ever had at a Bills bar away from Buffalo was in Denver Colorado at a bar called Lodo's.  I walked in a stranger with a Bills Jersey, but man, they treated me like family....i got free wings, beers, we cheered on the Bills, and by the time the game was over, we walked out lifelong friends...

Jimmy's Tavern in Herndon, VA would be 2nd...

I have 2 other teams I also root for:

#2 Chargers

#3 Cardinals

I live in CA so I grew up with their games on TV most of the time, but they have been bigger train wrecks than the Bills to watch.  Also, I don't really care if they win or lose like I do for the Bills so it's not even close in comparison.  The Bills are the only ones that really matter to me.

GO BILLS!!!

Lived in Northeast Ohio for a number of years and adopted the Browns as my 2nd team and caught quite a few games live in the Bernie Kosar Era .... was there when Belichick was there and ran Kosar out of town for Vinnie Testaverde .... and Was there for  the heartbreak and outrage when a scheming Art Model took the team to Baltimore.  Hope Bills fans never have to experience that ... it was awful.  Belichick was much hated back then as Modells "yes man" and for running fan favorite Kosar out of town.  So my hated of BB predates his success in New England.  I can also say he was certainly not looking like a genius with Testaverde as his QB.

The two teams, have a similar ethos ... as do the two cities IMHO.  We have our superbowl losses and music city miracle .... the Browns have a long history of playoff tragedies ... most notably "the fumble"  .... the Browns equivalent of "wide right".  I will always root for the Browns as long as it does not conflict with Bills' interests.

Bills and Browns Now THAT is football purgatory.

Celtics and Mets for other sports.

Edited by CamboBill

14 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I try to catch the Mets there when they play the pirates..I find it comical that local establishments have Heinz ketchup on their tables..I saw people putting ketchup on their fish frys..anyway..sure Terry Bradshaw,who is a bit odd,was a helluva QB..the old iron curtain,consisting of Greene,Greenwood..they had Lambert,Ham..the vet Rocky Blier,Franco Harris,Swann,Stallworth,Blount...talk about loaded..and then they got Bubby Brister.Is Iron City Beer still being produced there?

No idea im Canadian so i know barely anything about pits, i heard the games are really fun to go too, just like ours.