If you were a QB away from a potential Championship (Den, AZ, Jags), would you trade a #1 for Tom Brady?

Rumors abound that Brady is tired of BB's act. Now the "R" word.  No doubt he still has the will and drive to play.  

So the question arises......If he could be THE last piece to making a 1-2 year (potentially more) run at a championship, would the first ballot HOF that can still ball out be worth trading your 1st round pick?

Only a handful of teams qualify for this, and where they draft does affect value (Denver at 5, Arizona at 15 or Jacksonville at 29)

Although he would be 41 when the season starts, he's coming off a 4577 yard,  66% completion, 32 TD/8 INT season and has made it clear he wants to play another 4 years.

His last 3 seasons he has thrown for nearly 13,000 yards (more if not for the 4 game suspension) with at least a 64 completion %, 96 TD's vs 17 INTs,  and QB rating over 102.

Would you trade 15 w/ AZ and 29 w/ Jacksonville but not 5 w/ Denver? 

If he isn't worth a 1st, what round would you give up for him?

If I'm Denver, I would actually consider it.  If I'm AZ or Jags, absolutely.  If he gives me a good 2 years to win a SB, I'm in.  When you win that trophy, as Bill Parcells says, no one can ever take that away from you.

SB Championship labels don't grow on trees.  We couldn't do it for 4 years in a row, and haven't sniffed it since.  

Edited by dezertbill

I don’t really see Denver as a qB away.  Their OL is meh.  LBs are meh.  RBs are meh.  TEs are meh.  Their DL and secondary arent what they were. Not to mention the coach and staff are MEH. Denver.  Meh.  I feel we’re closer than they are

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t really see Denver as a qB away.  Their OL is meh.  LBs are meh.  RBs are meh.  TEs are meh.  Their DL and secondary arent what they were. Not to mention the coach and staff are MEH. Denver.  Meh.  I feel we’re closer than they are

Yep and the exact reason you can only ride and elite high paid defense so longs. 

Ravens

Seattle 

Denver

Next Installment 

Jags. 

Edited by MAJBobby

No, because Kraft won’t let you. 

Belichick would, which is why he dumped Garropplo for nuthin’, then sent Brissett to the Colts. Note to self: Don’t piss off Bill Belichick. If you do, keep one eye over your shoulder. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

It would be interesting to see how brady played on another team.  Id be shocked if he was off the pats..but stranger things have happened

It would be a complete fail if refs did not give Brady's new team the same golden offensive line holding treatment. Same with the pick plays and Gronk's signature push off plays etc etc.... Brady would be hurt within 4 games. 

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep and the exact reason you can only ride and elite high paid defense so longs. 

Ravens

Seattle 

Denver

Next Installment 

Jags. 

And the Vikings.  Barr, hunter and Kendrick’s up for a contract after this year, plus digs and others.

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

It would be a complete fail if refs did not give Brady's new team the same golden offensive line holding treatment. Same with the pick plays and Gronk's signature push off plays etc etc.... Brady would be hurt within 4 games. 

Yeah you maybe right about that

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure honestly.  Am I getting McDaniels with him?  Otherwise, I probably would pass.  As great as Brady is and even Manning was, I think they are tied to particular systems for their success.  If you look at Manning for instance, when he went to Denver no matter what they ran offensively, Manning was like we are running the same stuff I ran with the Colts.  So as long as I'm flexible enough to say we will run the offense you ran with that other team then yeah.  But if I'm not that flexible, I'm probably wasting time and money.

I've said it before...........

people who think teams like Denver and Arizona are a QB away seriously know nothing about football. And the OP continues the ridiculous rhetoric.

The Bills are way better than both those teams. FACT 

Edited by njbuff

Jacksonville would be the only team you mentioned that would be a serious contender with Brady.  Maybe KC giving up their 2nd this year and 1st next year would instantly make them Super Bowl favorites.  Imagine Reid and Brady together with the tools of Hunt, Kelce, and Hill.  He'd make Albert Wilson into a Superstar.  Watkins would be a great decoy.

Edited by Doc Brown

I mean, the question is almost not even worth answering but just for the sake of communication. If In some alternate universe Tom Brady was available via trade, I would offer the Pats a first for every year he played for the Bills. Also both of this years. There would be zero price that is to high. He is going he best QB of all time and would never be made available. Would I give up a single first? Yeah, I would literally give up 5 firsts for him.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean, the question is almost not even worth answering but just for the sake of communication. If In some alternate universe Tom Brady was available via trade, I would offer the Pats a first for every year he played for the Bills. Also both of this years. There would be zero price that is to high. He is going he best QB of all time and would never be made available. Would I give up a single first? Yeah, I would literally give up 5 firsts for him.

It sounds crazy... but the first rounder for every year he plays could make sense for a team like the jags. They opened a Super bowl window with Bortles at the helm. Blake Bortles!