If you were a QB away from a potential Championship (Den, AZ, Jags), would you trade a #1 for Tom Brady?

20 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I've said it before...........

people who think teams like Denver and Arizona are a QB seriously know nothing about football. And the OP continues the ridiculous rhetoric.

The Bills are way better than both those teams. FACT 

2017 NFL Team Defense Rankings (w/ NFL QB Rating):

1 Minnesota (Keenum 7th)

2. Jacksonville (Bortles 21st)

3. Denver (Siemian 30th, Osweiler 31st)

4. Philadelphia (Wentz 4th)

5. Pittsburgh (Roethlesberger 14th)

6. Arizona (Palmer only played 7 Games- 22nd  Gabbert 32nd)

3 of the 6 made it to the Conference Championship.  Some argue Jacksonville would have made it past NE with a better QB.

Only 2 of the 6 didn't make it Into the Playoffs.  Care to guess which two?

If you don't think that Denver and AZ could have been playoff contenders with a better QB than you seriously don't know anything about football.

2 hours ago, dezertbill said:

2017 NFL Team Defense Rankings (w/ NFL QB Rating):

1 Minnesota (Keenum 7th)

2. Jacksonville (Bortles 21st)

3. Denver (Siemian 30th, Osweiler 31st)

4. Philadelphia (Wentz 4th)

5. Pittsburgh (Roethlesberger 14th)

6. Arizona (Palmer only played 7 Games- 22nd  Gabbert 32nd)

3 of the 6 made it to the Conference Championship.  Some argue Jacksonville would have made it past NE with a better QB.

Only 2 of the 6 didn't make it Into the Playoffs.  Care to guess which two?

If you don't think that Denver and AZ could have been playoff contenders with a better QB than you seriously don't know anything about football.

The Bills didn't have a QB either and they made the playoffs.

Stats are for losers.

It depends on the team. Denver has won Superbowls, and one very recently. I don't think you take a shot like that.

However, Jacksonville or Arizona, if I was a fan of one of those teams I take the chance and understand it's a 1 year risk. If Buffalo was in Jacksonville's position, with that defense. I'd absolutely give up a 1. A Superbowl makes what are essentially dumb trades worth it.

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean, the question is almost not even worth answering but just for the sake of communication. If In some alternate universe Tom Brady was available via trade, I would offer the Pats a first for every year he played for the Bills. Also both of this years. There would be zero price that is to high. He is going he best QB of all time and would never be made available. Would I give up a single first? Yeah, I would literally give up 5 firsts for him.

Why stop there?

If as everyone knows Brady is the GOAT and will make you a Super Bowl favorite if you go to team like Jax KC etc etc......

Then you offer Pats nothing but conditional 1st round picks. 1 1st round pick for every Super Bowl win he delivers to new team. Money in the bank for Pats. They would do it today. Right? We all know he will win them. No brainer for Pats. Right?

Edited by cba fan

The secret to Brady's success is pass protection.  If you can get to him, you can rattle him.  One reason he carves the Bills up year in and year out.  He's also quite old.  Were Brady to be traded, that team better have one hell of a front line blocking for him.  If not, the "goat" won't even last the season, nonetheless win a championship.

8 hours ago, Augie said:

No, because Kraft won’t let you. 

Belichick would, which is why he dumped Garropplo for nuthin’, then sent Brissett to the Colts. Note to self: Don’t piss off Bill Belichick. If you do, keep one eye over your shoulder. 

I really doubt Belichick would trade Tom Brady for a single #1 pick. Like that's a completely ludicrous statement. Yeah, he MIGHT have wanted to trade Brady when he had Garropplo, but not anymore, and even when they did, I really doubt a single #1 pick would have been enough.

I would trade all the Bills picks in this draft for Tom Brady, right fuking now.

9 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Rumors abound that Brady is tired of BB's act. Now the "R" word.  No doubt he still has the will and drive to play.  

So the question arises......If he could be THE last piece to making a 1-2 year (potentially more) run at a championship, would the first ballot HOF that can still ball out be worth trading your 1st round pick?

Only a handful of teams qualify for this, and where they draft does affect value (Denver at 5, Arizona at 15 or Jacksonville at 29)

Although he would be 41 when the season starts, he's coming off a 4577 yard,  66% completion, 32 TD/8 INT season and has made it clear he wants to play another 4 years.

His last 3 seasons he has thrown for nearly 13,000 yards (more if not for the 4 game suspension) with at least a 64 completion %, 96 TD's vs 17 INTs,  and QB rating over 102.

Would you trade 15 w/ AZ and 29 w/ Jacksonville but not 5 w/ Denver? 

If he isn't worth a 1st, what round would you give up for him?

If I'm Denver, I would actually consider it.  If I'm AZ or Jags, absolutely.  If he gives me a good 2 years to win a SB, I'm in.  When you win that trophy, as Bill Parcells says, no one can ever take that away from you.

SB Championship labels don't grow on trees.  We couldn't do it for 4 years in a row, and haven't sniffed it since.  

Hell Yeah !

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You do know he's 40?

You think a #1 pick is enough for Tom Brady, the QB that just played in the Super Bowl, and has been the GOAT? 

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

Why stop there?

If as everyone knows Brady is the GOAT and will make you a Super Bowl favorite if you go to team like Jax KC etc etc......

Then you offer Pats nothing but conditional 1st round picks. 1 1st round pick for every Super Bowl win he delivers to new team. Money in the bank for Pats. They would do it today. Right? We all know he will win them. No brainer for Pats. Right?

WTF are you babbling about?

3 hours ago, OJABBA said:

You think a #1 pick is enough for Tom Brady, the QB that just played in the Super Bowl, and has been the GOAT? 

Well okay. He's the mvp. That should go on for a while. Pretty much guaranteed. Yup. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well okay. He's the mvp. That should go on for a while. Pretty much guaranteed. Yup. 

Who is claiming anything is guaranteed?

But I will claim that the Bills would have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl in the next few years with Brady than with anything they could get with a #1 pick.

2 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Who is claiming anything is guaranteed?

But I will claim that the Bills would have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl in the next few years with Brady than with anything they could get with a #1 pick.

Uh, the OP who wants to trade for Brady?  Nothing is guaranteed with a 40 year old QB.  Your assuming that Brady is the only reason the Pats win. Not Gronk, not Belichick, not Ernie Adams, not any of the sneaky stuff the Pats do.

All these years of losing to Brady is too much for me to accept him in our house.  Only satisfaction I could ever get is to beat him.  Fight to to beat him or go down in flames.  Making him a part of the team?  NEVER!

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Uh, the OP who wants to trade for Brady?  Nothing is guaranteed with a 40 year old QB.  Your assuming that Brady is the only reason the Pats win. Not Gronk, not Belichick, not Ernie Adams, not any of the sneaky stuff the Pats do.

Haha, you're operating at "troll" level, and not worth arguing with. Good day.

18 hours ago, OJABBA said:

I thought I was very clear.

The Pats should trade Brady to any team willing to give the Pats a 1st round pick for every Super Bowl win he delivers for new team. Why?

Because he is the best and is a lock to deliver. Why limit your return to just one #1 pick. Get all you can get.

8 minutes ago, cba fan said:

I thought I was very clear.

The Pats should trade Brady to any team willing to give the Pats a 1st round pick for every Super Bowl win he delivers for new team. Why?

Because he is the best and is a lock to deliver. Why limit your return to just one #1 pick. Get all you can get.

Have a good day.

On 4/2/2018 at 6:51 PM, MAJBobby said:

Denver is alot more away than a QB. Same with AZ. 

Now that being said Brady Instanly makes them a Contender 

Yeah but Fitz can really kick the tires on aging quarterbacks. Larry Fitzgerald could be the GOAT wr if he had been paired with a great quarterback his whole career. Who did he even play the majority of his career with?

He's caught touchdowns from 12 different quarterbacks