RUMOR: Browns to take Wyoming QB Josh Allen #1 Overall per Peter King

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

On that point:

Especially because Cleveland doesn't have a 3rd. I like White, but don't want him as the future.  If he lasts to the 4th, I would Kirk Cousins pick him just in case.

Edited by cle23

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Nope. They won't trade up from 22 either. At least not for Rudolph. 

So lets say 4 go in the top 11. That leaves picks 13 through 20 with jackson or rudolph the only qbs left. Depending on who they like between those two they might have to trade up for one.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

So lets say 4 go in the top 11. That leaves picks 13 through 20 with jackson or rudolph the only qbs left. Depending on who they like between those two they might have to trade up for one.

I can see maybe a slight move from 22 for Jackson. I do not believe they will move up for Rudolph. Down perhaps,( still very unlikely imo)  but not up. 

11 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Take Roquon smith at 12, than trade up from 22 to grab Rudolph or Jackson if you know you have to.

Edit:

this is like plan Z for me

I've said all along I would be happy taking Smith at 12, then trading up with Green Bay to take Lamar Jackson.

I’ll see this for Beane. He is as good as Mueller at playing it close to the vest. I honestly believe nobody, including us posters and all the “experts” have a clue as to what the bills are going to do and who they might be targeting as a quarterback in the first round. For me, the only two quarterbacks worth trading up for are Darnold and Rosen. Allen is number 3.I know I’m in the minority but I just don’t get all the love for Mayfield. To me of the top four he’s the biggest bust risk.

17 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Take Roquon smith at 12, than trade up from 22 to grab Rudolph or Jackson if you know you have to.

Edit:

this is like plan Z for me

There's about a 0% chance Smith is there at #12 when almost every team picking 6-11 could very much use a stud LB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Always good to know that the Bills Front Office is content with going 7-9 every year. Gotta love the conservative nature of every regime that sets foot in Buffalo. Hey, we made the playoffs....should carry us for another 17 years.

10 minutes ago, JM57 said:

There's about a 0% chance Smith is there at #12 when almost every team picking 6-11 could very much use a stud LB. 

If there aren’t trades, his floor is Raiders at 10 imo. But if the Raiders trade down and Miami trades up or down from 11, he could be there. 

3 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Always good to know that the Bills Front Office is content with going 7-9 every year. Gotta love the conservative nature of every regime that sets foot in Buffalo. Hey, we made the playoffs....should carry us for another 17 years.

I really think they are aggressively trying to trade up, though this may simply be my own hope coloring perception.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I really think they are aggressively trying to trade up, though this may simply be my own hope coloring perception.

I think they honestly underestimated the aggressive nature of other teams and the trade market overall. They thought the market would come to them, and now they are on the outside looking in at the top 10.

I look forward to the press conference after the draft where they say that McCarron was always their guy and that the Cornerback they drafted at 12 (where they wanted to stay) will be the tipping point for another playoff run.

I am just lowering my expectations significantly going into Thursday night.

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

I think they honestly underestimated the aggressive nature of other teams and the trade market overall. They thought the market would come to them, and now they are on the outside looking in at the top 10.

I look forward to the press conference after the draft where they say that McCarron was always their guy and that the Cornerback they drafted at 12 (where they wanted to stay) will be the tipping point for another playoff run.

Still time to redress the situation.  If they settle for what you postulate, they are dopes and it won't sit well with the fanbase (nor should it.)

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Is this the three way rearing its head again

They could achieve this by trading out of No. 1 (for No. 12, No. 22, No. 53, and 2019 1st), and then trading back up to No. 6. Then it would Chubb at 4, Barkley at 6, and Jackson at 22.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If there aren’t trades, his floor is Raiders at 10 imo. But if the Raiders trade down and Miami trades up or down from 11, he could be there. 

I agree...the only way he is available at #12 is a scenario in which the Bills aren't getting one of the top QBs. 

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

They could achieve this by trading out of No. 1 (for No. 12, No. 22, No. 53, and 2019 1st), and then trading back up to No. 6. Then it would Chubb at 4, Barkley at 6, and Jackson at 22.

If you think you've figured out what the Browns will do....DO NOT tell anyone! I repeat don't tell anyone........the straight jacket is following closely behind.

12 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

They're outside of the top ten due to their 2017 record. That's how the draft order works. They began with 21 & 22. There's been all of one trade made thus far inside the top ten, and it was a mere 3 spots. Where is all this aggression by other teams that you speak of ? If other teams ( namely in the top ten) are being passive about trades and sitting on their hands, this represents an underestimation by the Bills? 

Just now, PIZ said:

Why would Darnold be off the board?  That is who I want as the Bills QB of the future.

He means Darnold and Rosen are not on the Browns board. It was reported Rosen was not on two top 6 teams boards fwiw 

19 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Now that's what I call lowering expectations!!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

They're outside of the top ten due to their 2017 record. That's how the draft order works. They began with 21 & 22. There's been all of one trade made thus far inside the top ten, and it was a mere 3 spots. Where is all this aggression by other teams that you speak of ? If other teams ( namely in the top ten) are being passive about trades and sitting on their hands, this represents an underestimation by the Bills? 

He means Darnold and Rosen are not on the Browns board. It was reported Rosen was not on two top 6 teams boards fwiw 

Wondering if it is medical or they just don't see him as a fit, or just like Mayfield and Allen more.  Not sure why they wouldn't want Darnold, but I hope he somehow ends up on the Bills.

Just now, PIZ said:

Wondering if it is medical or they just don't see him as a fit, or just like Mayfield and Allen more.  Not sure why they wouldn't want Darnold, but I hope he somehow ends up on the Bills.

I wouldn't hate that scenario one bit. Not sure of their reasons, but maybe it's more personality than anything else. 

33 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Yes because we know what the bills are going to do in the draft (where is the eye roll emoticon when i need it)

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes because we know what the bills are going to do in the draft (where is the eye roll emoticon when i need it)

As I said, I am just lowering my expectations and venting.:P

Edited by jkirchofer